• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJRB

Gold Member
Quick question would any of you be mad if MGO 3 will come out two weeks later like GTA online

Of course not. It can come 4 months after Phantom Pain, as long as it's good.

I'd rather wait longer for a good game than get a shit game on September 1st.

Kindekuma

Banned
30 days.

2Ak

Quick question would any of you be mad if MGO 3 will come out two weeks later like GTA online

Nope. Ill be jumping into single player immediately and not touching MGO till i get through the main story at least once. If KojimaKonamiPro LA needs more time to work on it, then I am totally fine with that.

lol well done.

SS better ass than Joosten.

I was joking to my brother the other day that KojiPro didn't just get facial motion capture, but gluteal motion capture as well. This would be revealed in a video narrated by Akio Otsuka, where he'd explain that Kojima was advancing the art of motion capture in a way that had never been done before. The camera would have an optional perspective in all cutscenes aiming to show this technological breakthrough. Otsuka'd also reveal that Snake's ass was always based off of his own, and thus Kojima saw fit to request he provide the gluteal capture. He was glad to accept.

Yeah its a pretty weird conversation, but I honestly wouldn't be completely surprised with Kojima's eccentric nature and his seeming attention to the backsides of player characters. This idea came up while watching the most recent gameplay, as BB jumped out of the cardboard box.

Kindekuma

Banned
I was joking to my brother the other day that KojiPro didn't just get facial motion capture, but gluteal motion capture as well. This would be revealed in a video narrated by Akio Otsuka, where he'd explain that Kojima was advancing the art of motion capture in a way that had never been done before. The camera would have an optional perspective in all cutscenes aiming to show this technological breakthrough. He'd also reveal that Snake's ass was always based off of his own, and thus Kojima saw fit to request Akio Otsuka provide the gluteal capture. He was glad to accept.

Yeah its a pretty weird conversation, but I honestly wouldn't be completely surprised with Kojima's eccentric nature and his seeming attention to the backsides of player characters.

Oh man.

Shy

Well well, aren't i a popular boy today.
OH MY GOD, MR. KOJIMA JUST RETWEETED ME!!!!! :)
Noice.
Also, "What about him?"
I've always considered the thrid person on the operating table to be Chico.
Maybe it's just me, but I think shit like this is just pollution. And worse, sometimes makes me feel embarrassed to admit I like the same thing as these loonies and have to cope with all the preconceptions that come with it because of those fuckers.
I feel the exact same way.
Where is Shy from? How's he getting a copy in 2 weeks?
I'm from the uk. And i never said that i'll be definitely two weeks, i said between one and two (although, i was told it'll be more likely be ten days, if i'm lucky)
Then I too am curious about how Shy gets the game two weeks early.
Can't say, sorry.
As am I.
Will Shy not tell us where he's getting it from? I'd even send him the money for a copy if he is really from the UK,
Wish i could help, but i can only get one. Sorry.

NYR94

EPJGmXA.jpg

For all those people who are concerned that there won't be enough location variety in TPP "it's all desert and rocks", they need to remember how much work KojiPro put into the FOX engine regarding accurately reproducing different materials. It's interesting to go back and watch the FOX engine demonstration because they obviously put a lot of work into it and I don't think they would have included such detail if the game was going to the same throughout. I'm sure Afghanistan, Africa and Mother base will offer enough diversity to keep things interesting. I also remember someone mentioning photo-real visuals in one of the previews from the event back in May.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQhb9XQVMcg

Didn't realize it at the time but this is probably Eli's shell

WAsuCdi.jpg

Kindekuma

Banned
Didn't realize it at the time but this is probably Eli's shell

WAsuCdi.jpg

Use FOX Engine Photo Scan technology to capture a highly detailed topology capture of items

Only use low poly assets in final game.

Cool what the technology can do though! Good catch too, I didn't realize it was Eli's shell.

Shy

So basically you're telling us you're getting the game early but won't tell us anything about that? Yeah, sure. Okay man ;)
And if i get it super early what's to stop Konami from trying to take action against me. ? i don't won't them to be able to get to the person by tracking what i say on the net.

But as soon as i get, i'm more than happy to post pictures, and maybe even stream it.

NYR94

One thing I didn't understand is why did they scan the face of the actor who was the basis for Code Talker (the man whose face they made the mold of for the old-age makeup expert to "age") when Code Talker is 100 years old? Wouldn't they just need to scan the "old" face that the sculptor made? Could this mean we see a younger Code Talker in a flashback?

And if i get it super early what's to stop Konami from trying to take action against me. ? i don't won't them to be able to get to the person by tracking what i say on the net.

But as soon as i get, i'm more than happy to post pictures, and maybe even stream it.

i can understand your concern because if i were you i wouldn't wanna jeopardize getting an early copy either, but what kind of action could they even take?

im in the UK too, plz hook me up
xhPAer5.png

Kindekuma

Banned
I was thinking U-stream.

Twitch doesn't do that though, do they. ?

So basically you're saying that you are planning to get a copy of MGSV early, post pictures and stream it effectively spoiling it for people way before street date.

Saying that you're planning to get a copy but won't say how or why sounds like that kid in elementary school who is bragging that he caught a Mew in Pokémon but won't tell you where or how he caught it.

Shy

So basically you're saying that you are planning to get a copy of MGSV early, post pictures and stream it effectively spoiling it for people way before street date.
I wouldn't post pics (or stream) to spoils, just to show you i wasn't full of shit.

And the pics wouldn't be anything spoilery either.
Saying that you're planning to get a copy but won't say how or why sounds like that kid in elementary school who is bragging that he caught a Mew in Pokémon but won't tell you where or how he caught it.
I'm really sorry that it came out that way, i really didn't mean to.
I was saying it in a hype way not in a braggy way.

Again very very sorry that i upset you (or anyone else in this thread)

I actually regret even mentioning it, i honestly didn't think it was going to this big of a deal.

Kindekuma

Banned
I wouldn't post pics (or stream) to spoils, just to show you i wasn't full of shit.

And the pics wouldn't be anything spoilery either.

I'm really sorry that it came out that way, i really didn't mean to.
I was saying it in a hype way not in a braggy way.

Again very very sorry that i upset you (or anyone else in this thread)

I actually regret even mentioning it, i honestly didn't think it was going to this big of a deal.

Keep in mind that this is the Metal Gear community. It's gonna be a big deal regardless if the game breaks street date. People are already avoiding the internet to avoid spoilers.

Ryan_MSF

Keep in mind that this is the Metal Gear community. It's gonna be a big deal regardless if the game breaks street date. People are already avoiding the internet to avoid spoilers.

^ this. I'm already concerned enough already as people have actually finished the game now about leaks, if advanced copies go out that early my web blackout is gonna have to happen a lot earlier than i originally planned </3

Rajang

I was joking to my brother the other day that KojiPro didn't just get facial motion capture, but gluteal motion capture as well. This would be revealed in a video narrated by Akio Otsuka, where he'd explain that Kojima was advancing the art of motion capture in a way that had never been done before. The camera would have an optional perspective in all cutscenes aiming to show this technological breakthrough. Otsuka'd also reveal that Snake's ass was always based off of his own, and thus Kojima saw fit to request he provide the gluteal capture. He was glad to accept.

Yeah its a pretty weird conversation, but I honestly wouldn't be completely surprised with Kojima's eccentric nature and his seeming attention to the backsides of player characters. This idea came up while watching the most recent gameplay, as BB jumped out of the cardboard box.

This is incredible.

i9PU4hD.jpg

ohnKoji

Shy

ohh no no, i fully appreciate that, the pics i had in mind were going to be of the case, the disc, the game installing and the title screen.

I also mentioned a couple of weeks ago, that i might be getting it early, and nobody really made a thing of it, i guess it's cause we're in the final countdown now.
Just reread this.
I don't want to drag this out any further, but it's one of those cases where even if i told you, you wouldn't be able to make use of it, to get the hook up also.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Lucky SOB.

I tried tweeting him my MSF PS4 but no dice. ( ´_&#12445;`)

Is Paz Russian?

No, Paz is definitely Latin American, likely Costa Rican. Why she has a weird pseudo Russian accent later is weird but it's not the first bad localization thing in Peace Walker.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
not sure but it's possible that she is russian. also, remember Ramón Gálvez Mena is also Vladimir Zadornov.

Yeah,I'm not too fresh on peace Walker but she was a cypher operative, although I can't recall if her backstory we just a cover, and if her real was even discussed after the tweest..
No, Paz is definitely Latin American, likely Costa Rican. Why she has a weird pseudo Russian accent later is weird but it's not the first bad localization thing in Peace Walker.

So she's Latin American and recruited by Cypher...?

Okay, nah.. Psycho mantis is way too cool a character to end up being fucking paz of all people.

And I though PM was a dude... :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom