• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gun Animal

Gun Animal = Chico
leuhkikcskn4.gif
Gun Animal would actually be a good codename for Chico if he joined Foxhound tbh.

So, GAF...

What are your expectations on the potential review embargo for this game?

Given the almost universal positive response to the previews, I'm thinking 2-3 days.

So, GAF...

What are your expectations on the potential review embargo for this game?

Given the almost universal positive response to the previews, I'm thinking 2-3 days.

i think we'll see reviews possibly a week or 2 before the game...Konami seems confident that TPP will be a masterpiece

LowParry

Well MGS Gaf. This is where we part ways. The complete total blackout begins since we are a month away now. There were good times. Bad times. Even times when I thought, man, that was one fucked up dog. I salute you brothers. I will see you at Mother Base. Blowing up your silos and taking hostages of half naked bloody women and wolves. The Wolf Pack will be complete. So I bid you farewell with nightmare inducing imagery.

qddNrEM.gif

SJRB

Gold Member
Ugh, I had a dream I was playing MGSV last night..
Rsimaim.png

I had the same prior to the MGS3 and MGS4 release. Things are getting crazy and there's still 4 weeks to go.

MADNESS

Well MGS Gaf. This is where we part ways. The complete total blackout begins since we are a month away now. There were good times. Bad times. Even times when I thought, man, that was one fucked up dog. I salute you brothers. I will see you at Mother Base. Blowing up your silos and taking hostages of half naked bloody women and wolves. The Wolf Pack will be complete. So I bid you farewell with nightmare inducing imagery.

See you on the other side, buddy.

This is incredible.

i9PU4hD.jpg

ohnKoji

Kojima is god. His innovation is unbounded, this is the true taboo of MGSV. "So the major sought a system that used titillation, ass cheeks, to control the subconscious."

One thing I didn't understand is why did they scan the face of the actor who was the basis for Code Talker (the man whose face they made the mold of for the old-age makeup expert to "age") when Code Talker is 100 years old? Wouldn't they just need to scan the "old" face that the sculptor made? Could this mean we see a younger Code Talker in a flashback?

Hmm, I'm guessing its just to have a real face base for the facial capture, but your idea is a cool one. Maybe he met the Boss?
kojimapls

EPJGmXA.jpg

For all those people who are concerned that there won't be enough location variety in TPP "it's all desert and rocks", they need to remember how much work KojiPro put into the FOX engine regarding accurately reproducing different materials. It's interesting to go back and watch the FOX engine demonstration because they obviously put a lot of work into it and I don't think they would have included such detail if the game was going to the same throughout. I'm sure Afghanistan, Africa and Mother base will offer enough diversity to keep things interesting. I also remember someone mentioning photo-real visuals in one of the previews from the event back in May.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQhb9XQVMcg

Didn't realize it at the time but this is probably Eli's shell

WAsuCdi.jpg

Remember that FOX was designed and funded on the prospect of it being Konami's big in house engine, to be used in everything. Making it flexible for any scenario was the point. Though we already know that Africa will provide some rivers and jungle, so that's cool.

I hope that map leak analysis pans out and
Afghanistan's map is only 50x-60x bigger than Ground Zeroes, meaning Angola has to account for 140x-250x of Ground Zeroes, according to Kojima's estimate that TPP was 200x-300x bigger than Ground Zeroes, back in 2013. That means even conservatively, an unrevealed country is likely. I'm hoping for Mozambique for a rendevouz with Gray Fox or even further south for the founding of Outer Heaven, though Gray Fox could wander east from Mozambique and end up in Angola anyways.

Use FOX Engine Photo Scan technology to capture a highly detailed topology capture of items

Only use low poly assets in final game.

Cool what the technology can do though! Good catch too, I didn't realize it was Eli's shell.

Yeah, I didn't notice that, though I probably would have if I'd watched the video again. The Angolan child soldier was in there too, I'm excited to see his role and how important he is.

About the low poly assets, it seems like FOX engine does a really good job in most cases to hide that, so I'm not upset over it. The PC version implementing some proprietary high poly models and hair effects was probably possible as well, but I don't mind that either. Oddly, Big Boss' is kind of the worst looking hair in the game, everyone else has nice flowy wisps, and while BB's hair isn't bad, it could look a little more fluid. I don't mind too much, probably the only thing I notice as being low poly though.

So she's Latin American and recruited by Cypher...?

Okay, nah.. Psycho mantis is way too cool a character to end up being fucking paz of all people.

It's Cipher, right? Also:

People need to stop with these X is X theories. Nobody is anybody, you guys.

Yup, it's funny but it never pans out. I can't believe there's an actual Paz is Psycho Mantis theory though lol. I remember Skullface (name unknown at the time) is Volgin theories at the reveal, or Galvez. I was even very convinced that GZ was a recollection of the actual events but modified by Psycho Mantis during BB's coma to remove evidence that Skullface was Zero. Seems pretty unlikely, but its not nearly as PythonSelkan as it sounds. Theory Raptor I think is the name of the channel, pretty cool and interesting video, and talked a lot about the 1984 references long before anyone else.

kojima:"Chico is the first nanomachine,cypher put it in him so he doesn´t get killed again"
konami:"so,he is like that vamp guy.."
kojima:"yeah but nicaraguan and annoying as fuck"

This video is awesome hahaha

Yeah, it was pretty funny, I like just the idea that Konami didn't know what was in the sorry until some really late project review meeting.

CassSept

Guys, why do the boss fights in Peace Walker take so freaking long. I just reached the Peace Walker battle at the end and after 25 minutes of monotonous fighting it turned back to me with 2 life bars left and launched a nuke. I tried spamming it with missiles but since it was far away from me, I only had a small opening to hit the mammal pod and obviously was barraged by rockets from Peace Walker and I could not make it in time. Is there some way to make the fight not last forever?

Cheers.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, why do the boss fights in Peace Walker take so freaking long. I just reached the Peace Walker battle at the end and after 25 minutes of monotonous fighting it turned back to me with 2 life bars left and launched a nuke. I tried spamming it with missiles but since it was far away from me, I only had a small opening to hit the mammal pod and obviously was barraged by rockets from Peace Walker and I could not make it in time. Is there some way to make the fight not last forever?

Cheers.

get a co-op partner. It'd help if my PS3 was still alive.

SJRB

Gold Member

Cheers.

Peace Walker is a pretty lengthy fight, yes. It will get better once you've developed higher-stat weapons at Motherbase, but in a first playthrough it takes quite a bit of time.

Be sure to call in artillery and supply drops often. Also - Peace Walker moves in a very predictable pattern.

Rajang

qddNrEM.gif

Farewell brother.

Cheers.

Why? Because they wanted people to play co-op and somehow thought it'd be a good idea not to balance it for people with no friends. The trick is that they didn't account for non middle schoolers to be playing, who can't just set up a play date on the PSP, even if they do have friends, they wouldn't be likely to have the game either.

It's not too bad, you just have to build Mother Base a little more for at least two rockets and a decent machine gun. Some supply markers is a good idea too.

"Never give up. Fight until the end. Always believe you will succeed, even when the odds are against you."

Walpurgis

Banned

qddNrEM.gif

wtf at that gif man

qddNrEM.gif

Classic reference, good luck and we'll see you later.

Holdfing

Cheers.

Co-op or have 2 rocket launchers with you, one having enough rockets to interrupt the nuke launch. I used the Carl Gustav and the LAW. Also, supply markers on the ground, just waiting for you to push the button.
Unless you're playing on an emulator. The "2 life bars left and I can't damage PW anymore" is a known bug. Although I thought they fixed it already...

CassSept

Thanks guys, I managed to get it down on the second attempt. I really wanted to do it alone since I knew it was doable and it's still a few days until I get normal access to Internet and I don't want to stop when I'm right at the first ending. The fight isn't too hard, it's just monotonous and I was frustrated because it was half an hour down the drain near the end because of one stupid bottleneck (third nuke launch, opposite of the sea, with mammal pod facing out).

I guess co-op would have been cool if the game scaled in any way. Ah well, at least I'm almost caught up with the series for the first time in 7 years :)

Unless you're playing on an emulator. The "2 life bars left and I can't damage PW anymore" is a known bug. Although I thought they fixed it already...

Nah, PSP version, what a weird coincidence though.

MajorTom

qddNrEM.gif
Goodbye dude. I'm probably gonna stick around, I'll just be careful about spoilers.

One thing I didn't understand is why did they scan the face of the actor who was the basis for Code Talker (the man whose face they made the mold of for the old-age makeup expert to "age") when Code Talker is 100 years old? Wouldn't they just need to scan the "old" face that the sculptor made? Could this mean we see a younger Code Talker in a flashback?

I think they just wanted to show off their scanner... If I understand correctly, what they showed was a scan of the cast of his head they made, which is only important to the people who make the prosthetic.
I think they said something about not wanting to show off the mask yet so they showed that instead.

Covering their heads in clay is not part of the scanning process afaik!

Ryan_MSF

qddNrEM.gif

see you back at release brother!

Ryan_MSF

So in MGS3 Eva is voiced by someone named "Suzetta Miñet" which is an alias (she's only accredited with one role on IMDB)

I've been following this for a long while, and the general consensus on the threads that i visited that Eva was voiced by either Debi Mae West, or another actress called Jodi Benson, and following Debi's codec intervew on friday, she confirmed again that she she didn't provide the voice work, however was quite shocked at how similar the actress who did perform the role's voice was to her own.

David Hayter was asked last year on twitter who Suzetta Miñet is, but his reply was vague at best, stating that he couldn't say, but it was "someone amazing"

What do you guys think?

AAMARMO

Banned
So in MGS3 Eva is voiced by someone named "Suzetta Miñet" which is an alias (she's only accredited with one role on IMDB)

I've been following this for a long while, and the general consensus on the threads that i visited that Eva was voiced by either Debi Mae West, or another actress called Jodi Benson, and following Debi's codec intervew on friday, she confirmed again that she she didn't provide the voice work, however was quite shocked at how similar the actress who did perform the role's voice was to her own.

David Hayter was asked last year on twitter who Suzetta Miñet is, but his reply was vague at best, stating that he couldn't say, but it was "someone amazing"

What do you guys think?

CHICO

AAMARMO

Banned

What do you guys think?

I mean Lori Alan

Lolcomin

Banned
Thanks for bernandoone, this is just waiting in Steam. Sept 1 can't come soon enough. GZ was hella fun and I'm prolly going to have a blast with this

I've now transitioned into alpha phase, where I experience recurring dreams about having MGSV in my possession -- only to wake up to the reality that I exist in a world bereft of MGSV.

And I cry into my bowl of Cheerios. There's no "Cheer" in these "ios." Only longing and sadness.

one thing im pumped for

when im at motherbase...Kaz and Ocelot follow Big Boss at certain points and give him a rundown of the news and updates of the base

LIKE A BOSS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom