• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shy

AUGUST 5TH, 3PM EST!!!!! NEW TRAILER AND MOTHER BASE/FORWARD OPERATING BASE PRESENTATION!!!!!!!! OHMYGODDDDD

CLeLpf-VAAEt_vi.jpg:large
XFoya87.gif

Palpable

I wonder if the presentation is going to show us how we're not able to customize the layout of Mother Base. I'm super excited for that.

YX6ZTJ2.gif

Palpable

Sargerous, every time someone looks at my car and mentions something about the logo being from MGS, I imagine they're you. This dude working graveyard at a gas station the other night says, "so you're a big fan of MGS I take it?"

I was like... "Sargerous?"

"establish additional bases around the globe"

BRUH

Does this mean that we can have multiple FOBs?

Sargerous, every time someone looks at my car and mentions something about the logo being from MGS, I imagine they're you. This dude working graveyard at a gas station the other night says, "so you're a big fan of MGS I take it?"

I was like... "Sargerous?"

Have you got a MGS themed car?

VulpX

Do we know if this will be edited by Kojima?
I know he said on Twitter he would do Mother Base stuff if he wasn't too tired and this is Mother Base stuff, so...

Do we know if this will be edited by Kojima?
I know he said on Twitter he would do Mother Base stuff if he wasn't too tired and this is Mother Base stuff, so...

Unlikely, but they may pass it by him to make sure things aren't too revealing ala the short E3 2015 trailer!

Wait whut? I missed that part. So we'll get the MB video and an overview video? Ok, skipping the overview video then.

Trailer contains unknown stuff.

Mother Base demo is own thing. It's what Kojima has been teasing. He hasn't mentioned a trailer once, so expect that to be a montage of sorts!

VulpX

Trailer contains unknown stuff.

Mother Base demo is own thing. It's what Kojima has been teasing. He hasn't mentioned a trailer once, so expect that to be a montage of sorts!
Check. I reread the press release and see it now.
Ok cool, I'll only watch the Kojima-editied stuff :) And then it's probably best to go dark, the other trailer is bound to be giffed here anyway.

J4g3r

I remember watching the last trailer for Rising before release and hugely regretting it; going to try my best to stay the hell away from this one.

I really don't want those boss fights spoiled for me.

Venom Fox

Banned
Guys, we won't even know we have been spoiled until we come to play this parts in the game. At that point, our heads will be so full of hype juice we won't even remember.
Like I said, anybody scared to watch should wait for the opinions of those who have. I'll be posting whether it's spoilery straight after i have done watching it in here.

If you see a post saying "guys, I've come to the end of my life, everything is ruined" then presume it's spoilerish and presume you won't hear from me again because I'm swinging from the ceiling.

If you see a post saying "wow that was amazing, I can't contain my hype, oh and it's not spoilerish guys" then presume it's not and presume I'm still alive and still going to fucking bug the life out of you all with my dumb shit, until we all part ways one day in a fit of rage over who's better, Yong or Pythonselkan.

SyberWolf

so some random person tried to add me on skype today so i traced the ip which led me to this place. but then i noticed something funny about the currency used there.

Qtqqmrt.jpg

I wonder if the presentation is going to show us how we're not able to customize the layout of Mother Base. I'm super excited for that.

Whaaaaat? I thought that was part of the point of mother base and what they were saying in its reveal, that we'd get to choose what struts to build and some details about them so we know their layout better than attackers and shit.

Gun Animal

Omg Infinity, that Outer Heaven decal (?) is hardcore

I'm really thinking about comissioning a sukajan or a bomber jacket with the new Outer Heaven logo stitched on the back. I'm DEFINATELY gonna commission a "Never be Game Over" button-up shirt either way.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
What? I'm confused now, so we have to build the Motherbase AND the Forward operating bases as well? This game will consume us.

As far as I can tell, we get to design the security and pathways around any FOBs we build. We could even get more customisation than that, but we haven't been told about it yet. With Motherbase I believe we get to choose upgrades, struts and the order that all happens, but the actual design is a set template (possibly because
it's ends up a level in itself
. On top of that you get to choose logos and colour schemes etc. for both.

I could be wrong about all of that but that was my understanding.

Venom Fox

Banned
No! I will consume this game.
Hound, your already a demon.
As far as I can tell, we get to design the security and pathways around any FOBs we build. We could even get more customisation than that, but we haven't been told about it yet. With Motherbase I believe we get to choose upgrades, struts and the order that all happens, but the actual design is a set template (possibly because
it's ends up a level in itself
. On top of that you get to choose logos and colour schemes etc. for both.

I could be wrong about all of that but that was my understanding.
Ahh ok, it'd make sense for us to follow a set template for MB, I heard we can drive around it in jeeps?
As for the FOB's maybe they'd be smaller bases so we can quickly design them, especially if we are to have multiple bases set up all over the world.

That quote about multiple bases over the world is making me think we're either getting 3-4 maps, or there are smaller, more linear places that we visit in different countries for one or two missions.
What'd be the point in bases all over the world? The way I see it is, the stuff we Fulton from our missions get sent to the FOB assigned to the country you operating in, then after a while they get sent to MB if they aren't stolen by other players.
If that's the case, multiple bases over the world would mean more maps!

Venom Fox

Banned
i love everyone with mgs names =)
So do I, makes you feel more at home doesn't it.
Mine was to become GhostFaceMiller after a name change from NeoSnake, but alas some cheeky new junior took it before I could get it.
Now I'm stuck with this Pythonselkan esque name.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Ahh ok, it'd make sense for us to follow a set template for MB, I heard we can drive around it in jeeps?

I heard that too. Apparently, we'll need to use a jeep or a helicopter to get around MB in a reasonable time. It's that big!

As for the FOB's maybe they'd be smaller bases so we can quickly design them, especially if we are to have multiple bases set up all over the world.

Here's hoping. I'm sure we'll find out more tomorrow.

That quote about multiple bases over the world is making me think we're either getting 3-4 maps, or there are smaller, more linear places that we visit in different countries for one or two missions.
What'd be the point in bases all over the world? The way I see it is, the stuff we Fulton from our missions get sent to the FOB assigned to the country you operating in, then after a while they get sent to MB if they aren't stolen by other players.
If that's the case, multiple bases over the world would mean more maps!

Could do. FOB's could be related to launching Outer-OPs.

I'm thinking there are only going to be two/three big maps (which could include MB) and a few smaller instances (like the Hanger, the Hospital etc.). I hope you're right though!

You create both Mother Base as well as Forward Operating Bases, at least from the sounds of things. You can customize your FOB (per last year's gamescom) as well as Mother Base (last year's E3). The FOB is the one used in online competition, however it was said that you can invite friends to your Mother Base to hang out (this has yet to be clarified since last year's FOB reveal as to whether this is Mother Base or FOB, as FOB was introduced at a later date). Hope to get more on Wednesday!

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
You create both Mother Base as well as Forward Operating Bases, at least from the sounds of things. You can customize your FOB (per last year's gamescom) as well as Mother Base (last year's E3). The FOB is the one used in online competition, however it was said that you can invite friends to your Mother Base to hang out (this has yet to be clarified since last year's FOB reveal as to whether this is Mother Base or FOB, as FOB was introduced at a later date). Hope to get more on Wednesday!

Ah, right. I thought I read somewhere that FOB was customisable and that MB wasn't so much. Can't for the life of me remember where I read that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom