• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
so some random person tried to add me on skype today so i traced the ip which led me to this place. but then i noticed something funny about the currency used there.

Qtqqmrt.jpg

Well at least now we know where Cipher is

tinfoil time, I bet that's actually where cipher is in tpp

Embearded

What's with all that bitching about MB management from that Jeux magazine guy?
I watched Yongs video and it seems like the author hasn't played PW and doesn't know shit about MGS.
I swear if i read anything about "short cutscenes disappointed fans" i'm gonna go mad and kill em all. Those fucktard journalists were the ones who yelled about the cutscenes length and now they say that they are too short?WTF?

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I'm definitely a 'you don't play as Big Boss' believer thanks to the latest Python Selkan vid.

Sanitarium looks like such a sick game.

Gun Animal

SN4KE IS DEAD, LONG LIVE SN4KE

hope that crazy bastard gets unbanned in time for release, the whole Metal Gear fandom dynamic doesn't work without guys like him.

I'm sure he'll be back alongside Batzi if not before.

Can someone give me a summary (and tell me why there was 20 minutes plus of an old cd rom game)?
And is there anyone who makes a gallery of python selkan videos so you don't need to sit through 2 hours of padding?

Kindekuma

Banned
We've lost Sn4ke and MidnightPass all within a handful of hours. You all better not follow suit, guys! Less than a month away from release, hang in there!

Sub_Level

What convinced you?

The parallels to Raiden. Grey Fox was a child soldier in Africa and so was Raiden. They both became ninjas. Having a bait and switch like MGS2 would serve as another parallel. You play as someone who doesn't have a grasp on reality. One was artificially created to play as Solid Snake for the purpose of an exercise, and one would be artificially created to play as Big Boss for the purpose of Zero elevating BB to legendary mercenary status. Just seems like too good of an opportunity to pass up.

Kindekuma

Banned
I'm excited to see some proper 4k screenshots, those are really poor quality. You can't really tell from that image unfortunately.

What's nice is that they're proving that they're working on the PC port right now as well. I bet a lot of people assume they won't touch PC development until after launch but obviously they're hard at work on it right now as well.

realcZk

What's nice is that they're proving that they're working on the PC port right now as well. I bet a lot of people assume they won't touch PC development until after launch but obviously they're hard at work on it right now as well.

Yep always a good sign, I have faith the PC version will deliver just like GZ had. Only wish it was coming out at the same time :)

EDIT: according to steamdb we can see there's been a few testers running copies for the past week https://steamdb.info/app/287700/graphs/ ... pre-orders should be coming soon you'd think.

Loakum

Banned
" the greatest symbiotic parasite the world's ever known isn't microbial, it's linguistic....words can kill." *salutes my fallen comrade Sn4ke_911*

Scotia

Banned
SN4KE IS DEAD, LONG LIVE SN4KE

hope that crazy bastard gets unbanned in time for release, the whole Metal Gear fandom dynamic doesn't work without guys like him.

Why do you kiss Sn4ke's ass so much? He's such a whiny guy and comes across as a complete asshole.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
The parallels to Raiden. Grey Fox was a child soldier in Africa and so was Raiden. They both became ninjas. Having a bait and switch like MGS2 would serve as another parallel. You play as someone who doesn't have a grasp on reality. One was artificially created to play as Solid Snake for the purpose of an exercise, and one would be artificially created to play as Big Boss for the purpose of Zero elevating BB to legendary mercenary status. Just seems like too good of an opportunity to pass up.

That's pretty good, but I think it'd be a bigger missed opportunity if we don't get to close the loop with BB.

VulpX

Why do you kiss Sn4ke's ass so much? He's such a whiny guy and comes across as a complete asshole.
After having a short conversation with him in the new trailer topic I can confirm this ;)

Can't really care about guys like that. Good riddance with that awful unwarranted negativity.

brau

After having a short conversation with him in the new trailer topic I can confirm this ;)

Can't really care about guys like that. Good riddance with that awful unwarranted negativity.

A healthy community has a strong foundation on tolerance and good communication.

I think Sn4ke is one of the guys that brings a lot of info into the threads, and answers a lot of questions. He can be very dependable as well. People have an issue, it should be discussed with him. Not behind his back.

I hope he is doing ok, and i still have his avatar request here lined up :p maybe i'll get it done for when he comes back.

Anyways... MGSV IS SO CLOSE!

brau

holy cow. didn't even know that. how it happened? or was he hip and requested it?

Brothers when does the OST release?

Will it be included in the CE? For some reason i have not looked at whats in it. Even when i already have it preordered haha

You should have seen him in the thread...

Anyways, hype is intensifying a lot. Just two more nights till new footage!

September 2nd in Japan, that's where I have it pre-ordered.

he stepped out of line?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
The whole loop would include closure with SS killing BB?

Thats a pretty big time frame... and 3 bases. no?

We got MG1 and MG2. I was under the assumption this would close that loop (why BB is a bastard, how he rejoins Foxhound, Ocelot's Grand Plan etc.).

Also, well said about Sn4ku, Brau. I know a cunt when I see one and he ain't a cunt, just highly strung.

Sub_Level

That's pretty good, but I think it'd be a bigger missed opportunity if we don't get to close the loop with BB.

That would be great to finally see that transition as well.

Would you agree, though, that BB does not have all his mental faculties in check? Either due to someone like Mantis or a mental health issue? Referring to Ishmael, the seemingly phantom Skullface, and the other crazy shit from the trailers like the whale.

L33T

Banned
however it was said that you can invite friends to your Mother Base to hang out (this has yet to be clarified since last year's FOB reveal as to whether this is Mother Base or FOB, as FOB was introduced at a later date). Hope to get more on Wednesday!

I didn't know we could invite people over to our Mother Bases, looks like the first thing I'm doing to it is turning it into a petting zoo lol

Oh shit http://uk-blog.konami-europe.com/2015/08/03/mgsvtpp-steam-release-date-now-sept-1st/

brau

We got MG1 and MG2. I was under the assumption this would close that loop (why BB is a bastard, how he rejoins Foxhound, Ocelot's Grand Plan etc.).

Also, well said about Sn4ku, Brau. I know a cunt when I see one and he ain't a cunt, just highly strung.

I think you are right... i would leave MG1 and 2 as canon... and would leave the story of big boss spiral into madness and become the real villain. I would love to see more on that.

Also.. i am still in conflict about a middle or end switcharoo of characters to try and close the gaps... MGS2 still haunts me.

Sn4ke is a real helpful brother. I hope he is doing alright.

OH SHIT.... MEGATON.

brau

Holy cow... with PC releasing at the same time... i dunno what version to play first. Ps4 or PC.... i guess teh one that people here will play the most. PS4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom