• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embearded

Are you talking about Yong or the journalist. :p

Journalist! Yong knows his shit but speculates too much imo.
I look forward to MB management and replaying missions for recruiting. I find it hard to believe that the journalist didnt use any lethal weapons. We get 12 fulton uses and i guess that there are more soldiers than 12 in every mission. We'll also have to fulton hardware so i have a hard time believing him.

(Hype is extremely high and i cant believe any negative rumor/opinion)

Embearded

Sept 1st for PC too!!!!
I am so happy and so sad!! I will be able to play but i wont pass any class during the exams!!! Fuuuuckkkkk

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
being able to finally join in on the less than 1 month hype is the greatest feelings. MGSV is almost upon us brothers

Mifec

Same here, I'm going out to LA for 2 weeks this Friday and time will pass by so fast during that trip.

I've been out since the 15th of June :3 Been to Germany, France, Belgium and now I'm in The Nethelands. Going to Switzerland next week then back to France before heading back home.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Sorry my PS4 brothers but i'm going PC day 1.
tumblr_mgqp1gKmst1ry10fwo1_400.gif

Shy

Tzmhero

So, I know that the PS4 and XBone use a download function where the CD is more less just a key to prove you own the game, everything is on the HD, much like MGS4 was.

Do you think MGSV will do the same thing on PS3?

So, I know that the PS4 and XBone use a download function where the CD is more less just a key to prove you own the game, everything is on the HD, much like MGS4 was.

Do you think MGSV will do the same thing on PS3?

Maybe not because the game wont be as big as MGS4 in terms of GB. But it's still possible it will install a small portion of it.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
That would be great to finally see that transition as well.

Would you agree, though, that BB does not have all his mental faculties in check? Either due to someone like Mantis or a mental health issue? Referring to Ishmael, the seemingly phantom Skullface, and the other crazy shit from the trailers like the whale.

Yup. 100%. The hospital hallucinations could happen before the shrapnel (it may just be deep in there to begin with so we can't see it due to the bandages), so it's possible he already has latent mental health issues... or it's some side effect of the coma. The fact that Liquid is absolutely bonkers makes me think it's the former. That whole twin Eli deal screams mental too.

I think you are right... i would leave MG1 and 2 as canon... and would leave the story of big boss spiral into madness and become the real villain. I would love to see more on that.

Also.. i am still in conflict about a middle or end switcharoo of characters to try and close the gaps... MGS2 still haunts me.

Sn4ke is a real helpful brother. I hope he is doing alright.

I'm not sure he will be a "real" villain. I think there will be two sides to him and we won't know which one is "real", whether it's down to mental health, propaganda or some other aspect. That's what I'm getting from GZ.

Yeah, MGS2 haunts us all, but Kojima going down the same path he's trodden before would be a little disappointing, depending on how he handles it of course.

Kindekuma

Banned
So do you guys think the MGO delay means MGO is dead/sucks or is it good that they're polishing it?
EDIT: Heh. Cool I'm a member now. :^)

BROTHERRRRR WELCOME

HandshakeYo.gif

MGO3 is not dead! Hooray! I'd rather have a fully polished multiplayer than broken online plagued with updates after updates after updates.

realcZk

Hopefully MGO on PC will have anti-cheat of some sort, maybe that's why the delay is longer there. Unfortunately without anti-cheat I imagine it'll be unplayable after a week. Just the consequences of unprotected online gaming on an open platform.

I think my first play through will be PC then I'll go to the PS4 version to start getting ready for some MGO fun.

What I would really love to see is transfarring between PC<->PS4 for the campaign at least. Would love to bring over my progress.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
So do you guys think the MGO delay means MGO is dead/sucks or is it good that they're polishing it?

If you want a tinfoil explanation, it may be a marketing move. You keep people talking about the game for the rest of the year.

Most possible explanation is polish. Unsure of why pc is so far.

brau

Yup. 100%. The hospital hallucinations could happen before the shrapnel (it may just be deep in there to begin with so we can't see it due to the bandages), so it's possible he already has latent mental health issues... or it's some side effect of the coma. The fact that Liquid is absolutely bonkers makes me think it's the former. That whole twin Eli deal screams mental too.

I'm not sure he will be a "real" villain. I think there will be two sides to him and we won't know which one is "real", whether it's down to mental health, propaganda or some other aspect. That's what I'm getting from GZ.

Yeah, MGS2 haunts us all, but Kojima going down the same path he's trodden before would be a little disappointing, depending on how he handles it of course.

It seems there is a big side to the nightmare sequences he has. I am looking forward to how psychological the game gets. I think it'll be super important.

Hey you!

MGO needs more testing.. maybe server or online components. I don't think its a bad thing. If anything. its good they are taking the time to deliver something good.

AND! welcome :)

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
It seems there is a big side to the nightmare sequences he has. I am looking forward to how psychological the game gets. I think it'll be super important.

Definitely. The fact that previewers were describing the hospital sequence as David Lynch inspired got me all hot under the collar. XD

This is prolly what I'm gonna do, even though I have both the collectors editions of MGS V coming...

............Do I want to play on PC then start over again on PS4? Hmm.

Can't go wrong either way brother. Just go to wherever your friends are playing if you want to do multi-player stuff. Otherwise, it doesn't really matter.

I have PC and PS4 copies, but I'll primarily play on PS4, personally.

brau

Definitely. The fact that previewers were describing the hospital sequence as David Lynch inspired got me all hot under the collar. XD

I think is what has me the most excited. A psychological thriller element to this. Where its hard to differentiate what is BB madness and reality. It sounds amazing tbh.

brau

Had a gift card, so I picked up the CE strategy guide from Indigo (Canada) for $10 and change. Want that Shinkawa litho, lol.

Oh.. nice... i hope there is an art book now that Kojima is wrapping things up. I would love TPP art book, and The art of MGS through time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom