• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazuhira

Is this LD's mother base?
leuhkikcskn4.gif

Meanwhile,in Big Boss' room..

231dwML.jpg

brau

Eh, don't have time these days, and since I'm far enough away for it to be a real trek, not really. One of my brothers lives sort of in the southeast area though, so sometimes I'll visit him. I actually should be studying hard right now, at the second to last week of an 8 week calculus course that should be 12. It's hectic, but at least it keeps me busy until V day.

oooh.. well.. sometime.. we'll have to hangout. i am north east portland... next to Delta Park. or the bridge that goes to WA.But i come downtown for work every day.

Good luck on your exams.

Will do

bah why can't we Preload it already!

I don't think preloading was a thing for GZ either. Following suit, i doubt we'll have preloading for TPP. :(

pahamrick

Hopping online to see the PC version moved up to Sept 1st means today no longer sucks. Also, random bit of information:

The APPID for the version of TPP included with the Nvidia codes, at least in the US, is 40085.

Now, there's two store purchasable APPIDs listed right now which are 74453 (Not Purchasable in Japan) and 74872 (Only Purchasable in Japan).

Both of those have 5 Depots listed.

DepotID 287701 - Depot 287701
DepotID 287702 - Depot 287702
DepotID 287703 - Depot 287703
DepotID 311341 - Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes Eng ESRB,PEGI
DepotID 311343 - Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Jpn ESRB,PEGI

The 40085 APPID has 3 listed.

DepotID 287701 - Depot 287701
DepotID 287702 - Depot 287702
DepotID 287703 - Depot 287703

So, there's hope for pre-order goodies (minus free GZ) for Nvidia copies.

Zambatoh

When I heard I could get GZ for free on PC, I went ahead and pre-ordered Phantom Pain.I wasn't going to pre-order. But I did.

Palpable

My Mother Base will have a strict no anime policy. All anime will be purged unless the source material is badass (like the Street Fighter Alpha movie).

Purge it all with the flames of fury

flame-thrower-o.gif

realcZk

I dunno if I'll play with MKB or Dualshock 4 on pc to be honest.. its a tough choice. The aiming of the mouse is absolutely amazing but the movement of the controller feels super tight. Tradeoffs...

Also another question, do we know if the MGSV mobile app works with the PC version? :x

And here I thought e3 2015 was the last trailer. I'm hyped for it. Wonder what song Kojima will use.
I don't think its gonna be that kind of trailer. Is it even Kojima directed. I know Kojima is working on the MB gameplay but i was under the impression that the trailer was gonna be one like the short e3 trailer or a GTAV-style trailer. As long as there are no spoilers tho I'm ok

I'm in a pickle, guys. So the MGSV Collector's Edition on Best Buy (GCU, woo!) has been sold out online for a while already and I missed out when it was back in stock for a little bit. Should I just go ahead and preorder the regular edition for the Day 1 preorder stuff or should I just hope that my local BB's have the collector's edition available launch day?

Rajang

I'm in a pickle, guys. So the MGSV Collector's Edition on Best Buy (GCU, woo!) has been sold out online for a while already and I missed out when it was back in stock for a little bit. Should I just go ahead and preorder the regular edition for the Day 1 preorder stuff or should I just hope that my local BB's have the collector's edition available launch day?

Pre-order it and if the CE becomes available again get that as well.

leuhkikcskn4.gif

Gun Animal

The nice thing about pre-ordere is that you can cancel them

Pre-order it and if the CE becomes available again get that as well.

leuhkikcskn4.gif

axjiJH.gif

The nice thing about pre-ordere is that you can cancel them

I don't know how I forgot about that. I usually preorder online, so I thought it'd be like Amazon where it would arrive on release day. But then again, if that happens, I could probably return it in store and put it towards a CE if I come across one.

I have no idea how I didn't think of this for the past few weeks lmao

Aizo

Banned
I'm confused. I just beat Peace Walker, and so I started Ground Zeroes. The back story talks about a Zeke inspection and Paz and Chico being captured...? I didn't even build Zeke in my game, so did that happen in the post game or something?

Rajang

I'm confused. I just beat Peace Walker, and so I started Ground Zeroes. The back story talks about a Zeke inspection and Paz and Chico being captured...? I didn't even build Zeke in my game, so did that happen in the post game or something?

Sorry but you didn't beat PW, you only got to the first ending.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

If you didn't build Zeke you didn't beat Peace Walker.

Aizo

Banned
The giant "To be continued in Chapter 5: Outer Heaven" didn't ring any bells?
Honestly, I thought that was a placeholder name for Metal Gear Solid 5 at the time.
I thought, "Huh. That must have been quite the shock to people playing this when it came out." hahaha

Well, that sucks. I beat Peace Walker in a rush, because I was leaving my PS3 with a friend in Tokyo. Now I'm in Western Japan, so I won't be playing the rest before V. Watching cutscenes online it is, then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom