• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mozz-eyes

Banned
Cheers for the replies, chaps. Very helpful.

Having just fought him, I found the Fury to be an absolutely terrible boss. Easy. Boring. Do you even meet him before the fight?!

Cheers for the replies, chaps. Very helpful.

Having just fought him, I found the Fury to be an absolutely terrible boss. Easy. Boring. Do you even meet him before the fight?!

Don't think so, he probably flies the helicopter or some shit. I liked that fight but I don't like the open ended part of that area where he flies around.

Keep playing! There's more to do after that part, just try to get high level staff in extra ops once you're done.

Yeah I just "finished" the game but I'm gonna keep playing because it seems there's lot more to it. Also
totally think Paz is an enemy of some kind, the red she always has on her during the cutscenes makes me suspicious.

So I'm hoping any UK gadgets here can advise me on pre ordering online, I've never done it before and just paranoid about not getting my copy on day off release. Also, where are people ordering from/cheapest and what retailer have people had the best experience with? Thanks.

Assuming you want to play it ASAP, I'd get it on PSN.

That price is extortionate though, so I'd suggest Amazon.

Edit: actually that shopto might be the best best since they seem to be including a free still oil for the same price and are known to deliver early

Oh.. nice... i hope there is an art book now that Kojima is wrapping things up. I would love TPP art book, and The art of MGS through time.

I think the CE guide has an art gallery as well. I also wouldn't be surprised if there's some sort of DLC for extra Mother Base staff. The "additional content" message on the description sounds very vague. Regardless, the CE guide has 36 additional pages, so it sounds like there will be some interesting info.

Gun Animal

Thus far, aside from The End, the bosses haven't been brilliant. MGS1 had the best roster imo.
Yeah, Snake Eater has probably two AMAZING Boss fights and the rest are just ok. The Fear fight would have been fantastic if the heat vision goggles had been placed somewhere after that fight, but eh.

Whereas the boss fights in MGS1 all really stood out in some way, at least in their time.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
@Venom Fox:

What's the point of spoiler tagging the chapter names if you're going to then openly discuss them/what they suggest?! There is a thread for that!

o_O

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Becuase there are other chapter names that could be spoilers, other than the ones I'm talking about but ok, I've tagged the sentence that I think has offended you.
So what your trying to say is that, in here we can't talk about it? It's like any other theory talked about in here, you post what you think is gonna happen and then spoiler tag the evidence. I don't see what the problem is here.

What about all those achievements? People spoiler tagged those, then openly discussed that one of them could be about the creation of Nanotechnology, that one of them means it's Fox who we play as.
They're spoilers but nobody ever complained.

Uh... you haven't "offended" me, chief. Baffled me, sure, but not "offended".

Do I really need to explain what the issue was?

brau

I think the CE guide has an art gallery as well. I also wouldn't be surprised if there's some sort of DLC for extra Mother Base staff. The "additional content" message on the description sounds very vague. Regardless, the CE guide has 36 additional pages, so it sounds like there will be some interesting info.

This would be great.

Also.. hey guys! i am here now :3

So i am sure we are in full discussion on how great MS is. eh? eh?

L33T

Banned
zCyH07q.gif

rRDubjD.gif

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
You guys worried about spoilers need to get out like yesterday! haha

Firefox has an extension called BlockSite where you can filter gaf and other websites in case you accidentally type it or get tempted. You have to actively go out of your way to disable the extension and restart your browser. I'm sure other browsers have something similar.

SJRB

Gold Member
Mission / chapter spoilers in the community thread? Really? REALLY?

ZcBQyFw.gif

I'm out. Good luck these last 4 weeks guys, catch you on the other side.

Skullface

If those new mission and chapter names are real they've got me excited!
Chapter 3 and 4 Imply to me that Outer heaven and Solid Snake will feature after all
Chapter 3 : The Costs Of Revenge

Episode 1 : Pestilence
Episode 2 : Phantom Pain
Episode 3 : Madness Of Men (episode 3,4,5,6 imply that this is when we find out about Liquid and Solid)
Episode 4 : Three
Episode 5 : Isolation
Episode 6 : Severed Family

Episode 7 : Fatal Massages
Episode 8 : Voices
Episode 9 : Corrupted
Episode 10: Midnight Raid (these episodes imply that this could be the creation of OH, especially episode 12)
Episode 11: In The Face Of Pain
Episode 12: The Beauty Of The Battlefield
Episode 13: Manufactured Skin
Episode 14: Homonculus
Episode 15: There Are No Heroes

Chapter 4 : Punishing Words

Episode 1 : Sins Of The Father (Sins Of The Father, what more could this mean?)
Episode 2 : Loyalty
Episode 3 : No Turning Back
Episode 4 : Metallic Archaea (I think this directly implies this is the "destroy metal gear mission")
Episode 5 : Sahelanthropus
Episode 6 : War Is Peace I (Outer heavens version of the bosses will)
Episode 7 : Condition: Comatose (condition comatose, obviously when Solid Snake defeats BB)
Episode 8 : War Is Peace II

The episodes I bolded and also the ones I put brackets are making me hyped as fuck!
I wonder where chapter 3 takes place? Going off the other chapters, we should get a different area.

Confirmed 4chan garbage

Dawg

If those new mission and chapter names are real they've got me excited!
Chapter 3 and 4 Imply to me that Outer heaven and Solid Snake will feature after all
Chapter 3 : The Costs Of Revenge

Episode 1 : Pestilence
Episode 2 : Phantom Pain
Episode 3 : Madness Of Men (episode 3,4,5,6 imply that this is when we find out about Liquid and Solid)
Episode 4 : Three
Episode 5 : Isolation
Episode 6 : Severed Family

Episode 7 : Fatal Massages
Episode 8 : Voices
Episode 9 : Corrupted
Episode 10: Midnight Raid (these episodes imply that this could be the creation of OH, especially episode 12)
Episode 11: In The Face Of Pain
Episode 12: The Beauty Of The Battlefield
Episode 13: Manufactured Skin
Episode 14: Homonculus
Episode 15: There Are No Heroes

Chapter 4 : Punishing Words

Episode 1 : Sins Of The Father (Sins Of The Father, what more could this mean?)
Episode 2 : Loyalty
Episode 3 : No Turning Back
Episode 4 : Metallic Archaea (I think this directly implies this is the "destroy metal gear mission")
Episode 5 : Sahelanthropus
Episode 6 : War Is Peace I (Outer heavens version of the bosses will)
Episode 7 : Condition: Comatose (condition comatose, obviously when Solid Snake defeats BB)
Episode 8 : War Is Peace II

The episodes I bolded and also the ones I put brackets are making me hyped as fuck!
I wonder where chapter 3 takes place? Going off the other chapters, we should get a different area.

There's a thread on gaming for this "news", Venom Fox. Still, on the off chance it ends up being real, you shouldn't past the entire list in this thread again :p

You guys can come back if you want to.

Mission list confirmed FAKE

One more time on that way, hoping that everyone gets to read it:

All right guys, so I hope nobody is going to hate on me for that, although I could understand if you do so, but my post from two days ago wasn't real. It was me who created that mission list, since I wanted to see the reactions on it, without letting people know that it was me who wrote it. A big hobby and passion of mine is to write scripts and stuff because I am a big movie-lover. It wasn't my intention to fool you people in first place but to see it as kind of an experiment. Never thought it would become that big of a thing as that it would be posted on various sites. It really surprised me that even as I tried to make the mission names as vague as possible, many people got the idea I had behind some of the titles. I really took my time creating the list and worked around 3-4 hours on it - and I loved it since I am a big fan of the franchise. It was humbling to see some guys saying they love the titles (especially the idea of Chapters 1,2,3,4,V because that is one of the few things I also liked much for myself) and saying it looks and sounds a lot like Kojima. Yet I feel so bad and sorry for having lied to you about that 'leak' because you are an awesome crowd. Since I don't want anyone of you to unsubscribe because of a false leak I thought it would be the best to reveal it was an invented thing. I hope you're not mad at me, and also that you enjoyed the list even though it isn't real. Let's stay strong for the last month of waiting and see how the missions will be names for real And sorry again for my English, it wasn't a lie that I'm Portuguese!

Reddit source

Original source of list

rataplein

getting ready for tha phantom pain, i'm trying to 100% ground zeroes. and i also want to start TPP with as many things unlocked as i can.

i've read around that we will get a patch and the GZ sneaking suit by having a GZ savefile...

but i'm more interested about the motherbase personnel.

according to what i've investigated:

Ground Zeroes:
Chico - Paz - Escaped Prisoner?

Eliminate the Renegade Threat:
The Eye - The Finger

Intel Operative Rescue:
Kojima

Classified Intel Acquisition:
Bald Marine - JCS Agent

Destroy the Anti-Air Emplacements:
Intel Soldier?

apparently the escaped prisoner from ground zeroes mission, and the intel soldier from the AA mission are not confirmed... mainly because when you extract them the information appears in white letters?. is this right?

the other guys all show up in yellow when you extract them... so i don't think extracting random guards will work. besides, starting with more than a hundred guys in mother base, would be... unbalanced...

and also, do you guys think there will be something else if the save file is 100%?

and also, do you guys think there will be something else if the save file is 100%?

Hard to say. We know that (some?) prisoner/POW transfer and the sneaking suit all carry over, but the rest is up in the air. I'd bet the songs carry over in some fashion.

I'd like to see the "Classic Snake"/"Gray Fox" outfits carry over, but I know if they were, the latter would have to be reworked (removing that super-speed, for one).

Venom Fox

Banned
Ok guys, sorry about that, I wasn't trying to discuss the spoilers. I was trying to discuss a theory based off the spoilers, something which most of you have done in the past (achievement spoilers) without a problem.
I'll delete the post and get out of the thread, clearly everyone is unhappy about something which was spoiler tagged and wasn't exactly on show to purposely spoil everyone.
Sorry again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom