• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you guys think MGSV will be Kojima's magnet opal?

Yup the best climax evuuurr !

1408598607868.jpg

My gChat reaction to the news today:

YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
YESS YESS YESSSSSSSSSS
YES YES YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
YEEEEESSSSSSS BIIITCHHHHHH
MGSV PC: MOVED TO DAY AND DATE RELEASE WITH CONSOLE!!!!!!
OMG OMG OMG
IT' SSOOOO CLOSE?!??l!LI;Qlsasjkld;allkklhsalk;hjsadhjl;kfds

Oh shit, I was progressing through my first play through if MG2 some more, and after I beat Running Man I found the kids. After talking to one of them, I entered the codec and checked to see if I could get a new response. But once I left the codec by pressing circle, Snake punched the kid in the face and he died.

WHAT HAVE I DONE! I'M ALREADY A DEMON AND IT'S ONLY THE SECOND GAME!

I contemplated reloading, but I didn't want to go all the way back to before the swamp. Oops.

oooh.. well.. sometime.. we'll have to hangout. i am north east portland... next to Delta Park. or the bridge that goes to WA.But i come downtown for work every day.

Good luck on your exams.

Yeah no problem, I'd like to but I'm just quite busy, you know? Still you are on the OuterGAF Google doc, right? That's a start, are you going to play PS4, PC, or XBOX One?
Or last gen?

"Kaz, I'm already a dunker."
CLg-JNUWoAAc_MV.png:large

"Go for it, shoot!"

This is what it was all for. Secretly, all along, Metal Gear was a mahou shoujo idol anime.
We are not worthy.

"Mahou.. shoujo?!"

Just got a Kojima RT. Feels good man.

I don't use twitter, but if I were to, fishing for Kojima retweets would be my only purpose there. "Only for retweets".

Nice! I feel like if I included Mad Max and MGSV in the same tweet, I might have a decent chance at a Kojima RT.

True ending is really just Huey and Big Boss riding away on ZEKE.

:)

Damn! I never thought to fail the torture session with Strangelove. So I guess she breaks Huey's heart and he turns to BB for comfort? How could I have missed it for all these years...

Also, you should just become a blatant Kojima retweet fisher, just tweeting obvious bait for him lol. "I have watched Mad Max: Fury Road 30 times today, anyone else?" "Farewell hotdog." etc. All with Japanese translations included or linked.

Honestly, I thought that was a placeholder name for Metal Gear Solid 5 at the time.
I thought, "Huh. That must have been quite the shock to people playing this when it came out."

Yeah, I can see how someone would think that, especially with how "Chapter 5" would seem to match perfectly with a hint at another game. Honestly getting the secret ending is pretty obtuse, especially the super repetitive missions that precede the actual climax. You are only missing one really amusing and exhilarating boss fight, everything else is not a problem to skip.

Do you guys think MGSV will be Kojima's magnet opal?

Naw, I bet it'll be his electret turquoise.

"What the fuck is an elecret?" I seriously have little to no idea.

Yup the best climax evuuurr !

1408598607868.jpg

Hnnngg

Edit:

CLcPxoNVAAAarqt.jpg

Kojima's next game should be about sunglasses.

Ocelot playable in side ops as a DD soldier pls. At least mods can get it in. On that note, I was disappointed after "The Phantom Pain" was revealed and Big Boss still had no greying in his hair even after his 9 year coma. I thought that'd be a good way to show the years taken from him, but he looks pretty much the exact same age as in GZ, why?

Thankfully that too can probably be fixed easily with mods, I just hope someone does it, I'd like to but just do not have enough experience. Not completely white, that wouldn't look quite right, but very noticeably greying hair would really get BB closer to MG1 and 2.

Speaking of which, I wish that someone would make a GZ mod that would make the sneaking suit more black like in the early promotional art already. It looks so blue now, and while I like that look, I wish we could see it with its near total black look too.
Proper night and night vision goggles too please.

BTW, anyone have any near release thoughts on "From FOX, two phantoms were born." Now that we have so much more info? I'd say that the dualism between Big Boss and Skullface now overtakes that if BB and Zero at this point, but what is their actual history?

Just a side note, it sucks that no poster I can find has the text reversed like the first promo image had. Oh well, no appreciation for grammatical strangeness and backwards text. Its funny how Ground Zeroes sounds so completely normal now, it definitely didn't at the time of its reveal.

BrrnugT

I'm in a pickle, guys. So the MGSV Collector's Edition on Best Buy (GCU, woo!) has been sold out online for a while already and I missed out when it was back in stock for a little bit. Should I just go ahead and preorder the regular edition for the Day 1 preorder stuff or should I just hope that my local BB's have the collector's edition available launch day?

I ended up preordering both because ups hates my town and always stops by stops by around 6-8 pm and I want this in my veins asap, I'm gonna return the standard the next day

robotrock

Banned
So what's the best Youtube summary of Peace Walker? I'm looking for one of those things with all the cutscenes and whatever necessary gameplay missions. It is looking less and less likely I'll finally finish that game in time for TPP ;_;

Akiller

My body was not ready for the PC Version date change, i organized everything according to the old date, soon i'll go on vacation For a week but when i'll come back i Will have study hard For the upcoming exam. Will Akiller manage to build a PC just in time For MGSV TPP release date?Find out on the next episode of Outer Gaf Z.

VulpX

damn definitely not clicking that. i hope i can trust mgs gaf not to get stupid with spoilers in here?
I quickly glanced over the titles, didn't find them really spoilery. But then again I didn't read them all.

But what is cool about the list is that it seems to be only main missions. So if there are already this many main missions, then combining this with probably at least as many if not more side ops and the whole MB aspect means there really is a lot of content!

So I'm hoping any UK gadgets here can advise me on pre ordering online, I've never done it before and just paranoid about not getting my copy on day off release. Also, where are people ordering from/cheapest and what retailer have people had the best experience with? Thanks.

Banzai

But what is cool about the list is that it seems to be only main missions. So if there are already this many main missions, then combining this with probably at least as many if not more side ops and the whole MB aspect means there really is a lot of content!

Yeah looks that way. And if some of those main missions really are up to 6 hours long...lots of mgs to enjoy :)
I know I'll be taking my sweet time with every single mission, too.

Embearded

God damn, i still can't find a way to buy the damn game!
Is someone of you going to visit Greece during August? Please bring me a paysafe and i'll give you the money! :(

Whats up with that Japanese commercial?

God damn, i still can't find a way to buy the damn game!
Is someone of you going to visit Greece during August? Please bring me a paysafe and i'll give you the money! :(

Whats up with that Japanese commercial?

I found an explanation on Reddit. It is supposed to demonstrate the life of a 'Metal Gear Man'.

Translation (taken from Video uploader comment):

One's communication skills doesn't have to be great.

But yet to become a man who strives to improve society and the world.

This short film shows the typical days a "Metao" (Metal Gear Man) goes through: "Metao Days".

Breakdown

Here are the breakdown for each scene:

0:34 Giving up your seat without others knowing;

0:54 Cover up a girl's growling stomach by the coughing;

1:04 Listen to your boss's grumble until dawn;

1:11 Reserve space for baby stroller when you see it;

1:31 Take priority to let the one at the back see;

1:35 Give up food to others;

1:46 Not ignoring fund raising and blood donation;

1:51 Be the camera man willingly;

1:55 Secretly order water for those who couldn't drink alcohol;

2:09 Be the one to sacrifice in a matchmaking party;

2:20 Don't leave the stray dog alone.

Credit to hecheff and delay_nomore

Gun Animal

I love that ad so much, and constrasting it with that dumbass "be the batman" ad shows just how apart MGS is from videogame culture as a whole.

Making decent progress in Peace Walker. Is there a trigger beyond getting all the main parts to let you use Zeke in Outer Ops? I've got everything plus all the extra parts but the armour but still can't use him, and when I go into the status it says no health and no stats.

I'm just about to do the second Peace Walker fight.

I don't really believe that 6 hour mission thing, he said most were 2 hrs, which sounds a bit exaggerated. That could be kind of time limits on some though.

I'm just about to do the second Peace Walker fight.

Keep playing! There's more to do after that part, just try to get high level staff in extra ops once you're done.

So I'm hoping any UK gadgets here can advise me on pre ordering online, I've never done it before and just paranoid about not getting my copy on day off release. Also, where are people ordering from/cheapest and what retailer have people had the best experience with? Thanks.

Although banned on gaf. Shopto is a good choice. I always get my game a day before release with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom