• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

L33T

Banned
These last 2 pages

pta-has-disbanded.gif

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Ok guys, sorry about that, I wasn't trying to discuss the spoilers. I was trying to discuss a theory based off the spoilers, something which most of you have done in the past (achievement spoilers) without a problem.
I'll delete the post and get out of the thread, clearly everyone is unhappy about something which was spoiler tagged and wasn't exactly on show to purposely spoil everyone.
Sorry again.

Dude, no one has called for your banishment! XD I don't get why you're being so defensive about it.

brau

Ok guys, sorry about that, I wasn't trying to discuss the spoilers. I was trying to discuss a theory based off the spoilers, something which most of you have done in the past (achievement spoilers) without a problem.
I'll delete the post and get out of the thread, clearly everyone is unhappy about something which was spoiler tagged and wasn't exactly on show to purposely spoil everyone.
Sorry again.

Stay awhile and listen.

Dawg

Sorry again.

It's only going to get worse the closer we get to release. People are on edge.

I should start a spoiler thread in advance of the OT, me thinks.

J-Skee

So I see Konami is updating a bunch of storefronts, taking off Kojima's name. But the images for the Collector's Edition hasn't been updated. Is there any statement saying that the contents will change?

Loakum

Banned
They feel kinda real in a way. Very natural. it was very interesting.

It felt very real. Just a little act of kindness can really change lives. You never know what people are going through. It's the little things in life that has the most importance.

Demoskinos

I'm rapidly getting to that state where I'm so worked up for this goddamn game that no other video games matter to me. Can we just skip this whole August thing this year?

Roldan

That kid in purpose supposed to resemble Kojima? or just coincidence?

Pbbly coincidence.

He's the guitarist/vocal of the White Ash (the band that composed the song playing in this video).

Really cool ad (or wtv), btw. I actually identified myself with it.

Mifec

Am i the only impatiently waiting for GMG to get TPP, so they can get the game cheap. ?

I woke up to this today
4 Aug, 2015 METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN (ROW Pre-Purchase) Gift/Guest Pass

The message was: you know it's him(gray fox)

I'd like to see the "Classic Snake"/"Gray Fox" outfits carry over, but I know if they were, the latter would have to be reworked (removing that super-speed, for one).
The super-speed will stay. There's a bionic arm that gives you that ability, probably the blue WISP variant.

But why carry those skins over when they can make us pay for them?

Shy

so now we're just inside a month to release. where's our hype train. (i think it should be a hype morpho-one) that we can put in the OP of the OT. ?

The super-speed will stay. There's a bionic arm that gives you that ability, probably the blue WISP variant.

But why carry those skins over when they can make us pay for them?

No way would they give the player that kind of ability right from the get-go. That would effectively make D-Horse useless, and if the previews are any indication, you go through quite a few missions without access to those kind of high-level abilities (seeing as you have to put soldiers into R&D from the get-go).

Besides, the WISP from Zone of the Enders is an item that pulls objects towards you, which is what this arm is rumored to be able to do. It has nothing to do with changing the player's speed.

We already know there's costume DLC for the console versions, but I can't see them making people pay again for an unlockable from the previous game. Like I said, I would be surprised if the Gray Fox skin made it to TPP in the first place, and even more surprised if they ported it in as-is. It's a game-breaking ability.

Completed Guns of the Patriots and will talk MGS 4 SPOILERS so those inclined can skip this post] very late in the morning the other day, falling asleep during the ending. I reloaded the save and watched it properly after getting some shuteye and overall can't say I dig it wholeheartedly like the other titles.

The Black Hawk Down/Michael Bay visual references, the Beauty and the Beast unit being less memorable than previous units, headed by the operatically lame Vamp. Really hate those dwarf gekko's as well. I would just unload the grenade launcher on them for ruining my Ipod jams. It's been a while since I played MGS4 so I was surprised that the controls shift from Snake Eater yet are on the path to becoming the MGSV control scheme which feels ridiculously smoother.

It's a mixed bag for me, it finishes strong. I loved the choice to score the last fight with music cues from 1-3, and Snake heroically puts an end to nanomachines. One of these days I'll watch the commercials from the beginning on Youtube.

Wasted no time jumping into Peace Walker which is a lot of fun, I didn't realize it was originally a PSP game, figured it was a Vita title. Love the mission based quick bites of gameplay. They remind me of the VR missions but wrapped in a continuation of Big Boss. The line of sight for soldiers isn't particularly strong so it's quite easy and satisfying to get the jump and CQC them to the ground. Also, It's nice to finally have some context for Paz and Chico's presence in Ground Zeroes.

My friend watched me play and had such a hard time rationalizing the logic of the fulton system and the series as a whole. He's got the legacy collection waiting for him and he's already skeptical about the logic of the universe. All I could do was fulton a POW indoors.

tumblr_na3c0vkmS51tj6tjto1_500.gif

It felt very real. Just a little act of kindness can really change lives. You never know what people are going through. It's the little things in life that has the most importance.

I'm still waiting for someone to fake a coughing fit when my stomach goes off like that during meetings. Damn gurgles.

I am totally that guy at karaoke though. Someone's got to step up.

Hi Tora.
how you doing. ? hope the final push isn't stressing you out too much.

Not stressing this week. This week is all Europe team. :D

I saw the video going out tomorrow, you guys are gonna be pretty pumped, it's one of my favorite things in TPP.

MrS

Banned

I saw the video going out tomorrow, you guys are gonna be pretty pumped, it's one of my favorite things in TPP.
Sounds good Tora, can't wait to see it! Can you advise if/when any official posters of the cover art will be available to buy?

Shy

AHHH. LOL, well, i hope they don't get too frazzled over the next few days.
14N258c.gif

I don't know if you can answer this, but how long until Gamersyde gets this vids. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom