• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got a shot of BB firing his cutscene rifle in MG's lair, also Skull Face and dudes aiming at something in the same location. I wonder what's going on.

Jesus, that's twice in one day that's happened to me, i'm so sorry Infinity Patriot, i'm gonna learn to read. Promise.

Wait did you think he meant Skull Face wearing a big boss disguise? :D

kmax

27090_metal_gear_solid.jpg

It's bittersweet. It's not really the send off that I wished for (Thanks Konami), but I know that the game will be amazing.

Gun Animal

LOOOOOOOOOL

I wish this would be your tag so I could come back to it at least once a day and/or every single time I see you post on this forum.
How do you even GET a tag here, exactly? My impression was that it was only if a mod saw you post something excessively stupid or embarassing.

edit: your tag should read "Alarmingly curious re: Snake's ass."

By checkpoint do you mean Discovery?

Also question was not directed to me but I'd want to try the game with a non-regenerating life bar.

yeah as in, when an enemy sees you, it automaticallt restarts you at a checkpoint, like an updated version of that one mode in MGS3. Mostly because I'll be restarting anyway so it'll save time.

GHound

i repeat my self

gJvyFP1.jpg

U0sIWDb.jpg

it's an octocamo face.

Trolling is coming. XD
"We have not yet finished with Solid Snake, despite the fact that I wanted to let him die at the end of Guns of the Patriots."

MGSV is not part of the prequel series. It's a direct sequel to MGS4.

After the end of MGS4, things aren't going quite as well as it initially seemed they would. So Solid Snake goes back in time to kill Big Boss and Zero before things can get out of hand and bring the world to the brink of destruction once more.

Please don't hurt me.

Embearded

"We have not yet finished with Solid Snake, despite the fact that I wanted to let him die at the end of Guns of the Patriots."

After the end of MGS4, things aren't going quite as well as it initially seemed they would. So Solid Snake goes back in time to kill Big Boss and Zero before things can get out of hand and bring the world to the brink of destruction once more.

Please don't hurt me.

For God's sake please delete the post! Don't give KONAMI ideas!

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
With all the heavily advanced technology in MGSV, it wouldn't be surprising to see an Octocamo prototype of some kind already in 1984.

Solidino

Please don't hurt me.

ahahahahah
Metal Gear Terminator Solid: I'll be back in time this time.

Guys help me make this decision:

If I buy MGSV from this one site, I can get the Shinkawa steelbook included for free and likely get it a day early too.

Other the other hand this other site will probably get it to me day of, but without the steelbook. However, this one cost £7 less.

HALP

Loakum

Banned

The first 3 seconds of that trailer was new (the close up of Quiet's beautiful face, with Big Boss in the copter) but the rest was the 2014 "Quiet but Deadly" trailer.

If I buy MGSV from this one site, I can get the Shinkawa steelbook included for free and likely get it a day early too.

Other the other hand this other site will probably get it to me day of, but without the steelbook. However, this one cost £7 less.

HALP

I would get both, but if I had to choose only one...I would get the Shinkawa steel book cover edition. That thing is an collector's item! I'm also getting the Shinkawa Steel book cover (also the american collector's edition of MGSV TPP).

RetroMG

HALP

Is it worth £7 to potentially play the game early? For me the answer would be yes, but you must decide for yourself.

Sub_Level

Any ideas/guesses on when review copies go out / review embargo ends?

Well lets see:

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 - Emgargo lifted on day of release

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Embargo lifted on day of release

MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Embargo lifted on day of release

We might see a foreign review score or two before release, and of course don't be surprised if any spoilery information leaks, but the reviews en masse are likely not coming until Tuesday, September 1st, at 12am midnight pacific time lmao

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
well the gamescon trailer definitely confirmed to me how generic the IP will become without kojima

realcZk

Well lets see:

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 - Emgargo lifted on day of release

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Embargo lifted on day of release

MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Embargo lifted on day of release

We might see a foreign review score or two before release, and of course don't be surprised if any spoilery information leaks, but the reviews en masse are likely not coming until Tuesday, September 1st, at 12am midnight pacific time lmao

Thanks for the info, wasn't sure on how Konami usually did it. Maybe that could change with TPP if they're confident but doesn't seem likely.

I would get both, but if I had to choose only one...I would get the Shinkawa steel book cover edition. That thing is an collector's item! I'm also getting the Shinkawa Steel book cover (also the american collector's edition of MGSV TPP).

Is it worth £7 to potentially play the game early? For me the answer would be yes, but you must decide for yourself.

Yeah, I know for a fact that I'd be writhing around all over the floor in pain on the 31st if I knew I had a chance of playing it early, plus the Shinkawa cover will cover up the slightly terrible boxart

Thanks guis

Sub_Level

That is an ENORMOUS compound just waiting to be infiltrated. That is, I'm hoping the inside of this compound is completely accessible.

Isn't is fantastic? The best gameplay parts of MGS4 were those wide open areas in Act 2 full of all kinds of nooks, crannies, and rooms where you had a bunch of traversal options and that's pretty much the whole game now in MGSV.

Man they should really put a lock on Zadornov's cage, little bugger keeps escaping.

I bet it's totally Paz. Still calling it that she's evil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom