• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't is fantastic? The best gameplay parts of MGS4 were those wide open areas in Act 2 full of all kinds of nooks, crannies, and rooms where you had a bunch of traversal options and that's pretty much the whole game now in MGSV.

Absolutely. I'm expecting nothing less than a masterpiece from this game. The emphasis on freedom of choice is overwhelming. Also, that compound in itself looks as large as the whole of Ground Zeroes.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Man they should really put a lock on Zadornov's cage, little bugger keeps escaping.

I bet it's totally Paz. Still calling it that she's evil.

you must remenber mother base is also in the middle of the ocean, so he must be a hell of a swimmer

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Oh my God that new trailer. Screw August, let's just make it September now.

2711442-8702107568-YHvAT.gif

Not a Kojima trailer but still HYPE.
"We've only got two options: Heaven...or hell."
"No, there's another."
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPEEEE
OUTER HEAVEN

BRRRRRUUUUUH

TwoDurans

So I want to replay MGS2 and I have the Pc version and the Vita version.

Which version would you recommend?

Vita. Graphics are smoother, and it's got some improvements over the Substance version for the PC. Unless you really like the Skateboarding then you'll need to track down a PS2.

MrS

Banned
Guys help me make this decision:

If I buy MGSV from this one site, I can get the Shinkawa steelbook included for free and likely get it a day early too.

Other the other hand this other site will probably get it to me day of, but without the steelbook. However, this one cost £7 less.

HALP
It's doubtful you'll get it a day early because 31st August is a bank holiday and there won't be any post. It's more likely that they'll dispatch on Friday or Saturday for delivery on Tuesday. Having said that, I've got it preordered at a few places (in addition to my GAME CE) on the off chance that they send it a bit earlier. Will also be going to a few stores to see if I can get it early too.

brau

Even tho i like the footage of the new trailer... i can't stop thinking on how generic it was cut. I guess Kojima spoiled it for me. but i don't think there was anything smart about that trailer, with some spoiler stuff. meh...

The quiet cutscene running with nvidia looks so much better too. Uff.. so glad i have a new rig to run TPP on. :D

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Yeah, I installed the Pc Version for a test and I only get a black screen. Kinda Heartbreaking...

Then I have to play it on the Vita tanks

There's a fix for the black screen and other problems (shoulder buttons not working on controller is also common) but yeah if you can't be arsed the word is that the Vita version is decent.

I never noticed that when you analyse a solider you can see there rankings in each field, that makes it easier to get the better soldiers right off the bat as opposed to in Peace Walker.

NYR94

Damn must have missed that lol, unless you're referring to with the analyzer equipped? I'm assuming with TPP you may not need that.

I think in TPP you have to be using the Int Scope. I don't know if it has full analyzer capabilities right off the bat, you might have to develop it. If you watch the gameplay demonstrations really closely, you'll notice that Big Boss is often using level 4 or 5 weapons and equipment. I remember pausing one of the videos when he was equipping the night vision goggles and the description said they re-charge using his body's kinetic energy, which makes me think all you have to do is move around to make sure they don't die meaning they're pretty much fully developed. I'd guess level one equipment has limited batteries, etc.

Damn must have missed that lol, unless you're referring to with the analyzer equipped? I'm assuming with TPP you may not need that.

Yeah, referring with the Analyser equipped. I assume it's the same with TPP but like kindekuma said, maybe you need to upgrade your Binos this time around.

It'd be cool if it was just a standard thing for Binos now, but I doubt it - given how you need to upgrade many items and weapons.

Yeah in TPP they're combining it, so you'll have to upgrade your binoculars as well.

Figured they would, great that they are, I don't remember often switching to the binoculars in Peace Walker.

I think in TPP you have to be using the Int Scope. I don't know if it has full analyzer capabilities right off the bat, you might have to develop it. If you watch the gameplay demonstrations really closely, you'll notice that Big Boss is often using level 4 or 5 weapons and equipment. I remember pausing one of the videos when he was equipping the night vision goggles and the description said they re-charge using his body's kinetic energy, which makes me think all you have to do is move around to make sure they don't die meaning they're pretty much fully developed. I'd guess level one equipment has limited batteries, etc.

That would make sense.

It does need upgrading to get the analyser. I noticed a prompt to change the function too, not sure what that will do.

DieH@rd

Banned
Isn't is fantastic? The best gameplay parts of MGS4 were those wide open areas in Act 2 full of all kinds of nooks, crannies, and rooms where you had a bunch of traversal options and that's pretty much the whole game now in MGSV.

That JeuxVideo preview has stated that there is incredible amount of variety in the mission targets [compounds, mines, bases], and that each of them has a very unique feel. I can't wait to play it.

It's doubtful you'll get it a day early because 31st August is a bank holiday and there won't be any post. It's more likely that they'll dispatch on Friday or Saturday for delivery on Tuesday. Having said that, I've got it preordered at a few places (in addition to my GAME CE) on the off chance that they send it a bit earlier. Will also be going to a few stores to see if I can get it early too.

Yeesh.

Thanks for that info, I'll probably just order the cheaper one and use a custom cover.
I'll wait till tomorrow to make a decision though, so I can contact shopto and ask when they'll disptach

I wasn't sure where else to post this, and I didn't wanna go making a new thread. Hoping someone might have an answer though.

I saw on the PS4 page for Phantom Pain on PSN that it will be playable at midnight PDT. So I assume this means the game will be available for preload? Has there been any word on when preloading might become available?

The reason why I'm hoping to find out, is if I do buy this digitally, if I can buy it and preload before I go away to college on August 30th, that'd be great. I have a much faster internet connection at home. There will be internet at where I'm staying, but I doubt it will be nearly as fast.

Thank you. This is gonna be good!

Noteworthy features/things (SPOILERS)

You can choose the color scheme of MB and choose the location of the different platforms

Stealth Camo!

You can enter indoor areas

Weather control confirmed

Showering is a must

Target practice

Relationships/bonds with MB members

FOB gathers resources but is susceptible to enemy attacks

You can change the security routes, specific units etc.

Wormhole extraction device, upgraded version of Fulton that can't be shot down

Gas mines

Wisp explained. 'Fires its detachable 'Wisp' weapon forward, capturing and pulling target soldiers/prisoners back towards the users'

Smoke cardboard box, hinting at cardboard box versions that can be used as traps

Electric stun decoys

TwoDurans

Is there going to be a MB companion app? I could see myself managing resources and having items developed while I'm supposed to be working.

Rajang

Wow, FOB can be huge.

WTF, that wormhole Fulton mechanic...

The Hand of Jehuty, LOL. ZOE reference.

THE GAMEPLAY.

Taaaaaaaaaaaaaake meeee ooooooon.

G6Jag1I.gif

OMG that was insane.

MajorTom

The FOB stuff looks great. So close now!
I think TPP has the potential to be the best game in the series.
My favourite will always be
mgs2
though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom