• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajang

no excuse to not get pc now

If you build me a gaming rig, I will gladly play it on PC.

leuhkikcskn4.gif

Embearded

Guys i need your help / advice.
An uncle of mine is going to send me a German paysafecard code in order to buy the game in Greece. I am not going to put the code in any paysafe account, i am just gonna use the code as soon as i get it on checkout. Do you think i am going to have a problem? Should i use German vpn?
I want the game so much and there is literally NO FUCKING WAY to get the Steam edition due to fucking capital controls and i dont want to waste 50€ on an unusable paysafe...

realcZk

Been playing GZ on PC with MKB to get ready for TPP. Couple questions:

Has anyone ever figured out what the "Camera change speed" option does? Also, has anyone found out a fix for the mouse sensitivity when you're zoomed in binoculars or a sniper scope? It moves way faster. I've tried messing with all the different camera speed settings but not much luck there.

Going to unpack the files and start digging.

YO GUYS WTF HOW IS THIS GAME REAL????
I'M NUUUUUUUUUUUUCLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRR
BRUH THIS GAME THO I CANT BELIEVE IT

For real though, that MB demo... Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng

Guys i need your help / advice.
An uncle of mine is going to send me a German paysafecard code in order to buy the game in Greece. I am not going to put the code in any paysafe account, i am just gonna use the code as soon as i get it on checkout. Do you think i am going to have a problem? Should i use German vpn?
I want the game so much and there is literally NO FUCKING WAY to get the Steam edition due to fucking capital controls and i dont want to waste 50€ on an unusable paysafe...

Really surprised no one has replied with any advice yet. I don't really have a great handle on this topic, but if what you are saying is that you cannot buy the game through Steam with your own Greek funds, and thus are trying to get the game using a German one time debit card like thing, why not?

I think if you want to be safe you should consider using a German VPN like you said, as long as that is free and enough people have done it online for it to be a known way to bypass this craziness. Maybe you should try to get the game gifted to you, I'd try but I'm not sure if the exchange from US to Greek/Europe would work.

I think the plan you have is a good one, as long as 50€ is indeed enough for the game in your region and/or Germany. Have you had any success trying to access the German steam store via VPNs before, or would it be your first time doing that? I'd recommend you try it out before trying to buy the game that way, and do extensive research to find if people have had success this way.

I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work, but I've never had to try it. Best of luck!

Embearded

Really surprised no one has replied with any advice yet. I don't really have a great handle on this topic, but if what you are saying is that you cannot buy the game through Steam with your own Greek funds, and thus are trying to get the game using a German one time debit card like thing, why not?

I think if you want to be safe you should consider using a German VPN like you said, as long as that is free and enough people have done it online for it to be a known way to bypass this craziness. Maybe you should try to get the game gifted to you, I'd try but I'm not sure if the exchange from US to Greek/Europe would work.

I think the plan you have is a good one, as long as 50€ is indeed enough for the game in your region and/or Germany. Have you had any success trying to access the German steam store via VPNs before, or would it be your first time doing that? I'd recommend you try it out before trying to buy the game that way, and do extensive research to find if people have had success this way.

I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work, but I've never had to try it. Best of luck!

Thanks for the reply!
I've never done that before. I googled of course about that and i found a couple of people claiming that they had used paysafe from another country before without clarifying if they used a VPN or not.
I'll try buying the game from another seller first and not from Steam. I've talked with their customer service and they think i'll be ok.

Even if i had someone to gift the game to me, there is no way i can send him the money! I've been searching for a way for weeks and there really isnt any way.

I am just a little nervous about the whole situation... I wish they released it with a physical copy too...

Thanks for the reply!
I've never done that before. I googled of course about that and i found a couple of people claiming that they had used paysafe from another country before without clarifying if they used a VPN or not.
I'll try buying the game from another seller first and not from Steam. I've talked with their customer service and they think i'll be ok.

Even if i had someone to gift the game to me, there is no way i can send him the money! I've been searching for a way for weeks and there really isnt any way.

I am just a little nervous about the whole situation... I wish they released it with a physical copy too...

Yeah, I'm sorry about the situation in your country. It sucks, especially because it seems you have no option to play on consoles so you have to rely on Steam, but you have a lock on sending money digitally, right? And nearly no physical PC editions means everything is so screwed up... Oh well, I hope my reply helped you decide on the right course of action. Again, good luck! Even though I will probably stay on PS4 and not get into PC online for more than a few months, you should add your information to the OuterGAF google doc.

Its hidden in the first post of the thread, you can find the link by quoting the post and looking for the URL.

Loakum

Banned
ok, I haven't seen the FOB demo yet, I'm about to watch it now. I hope it's as every bit as awesome as everyone says it is....in which it probably is.

Has anyone ever figured out what the "Camera change speed" option does? Also, has anyone found out a fix for the mouse sensitivity when you're zoomed in binoculars or a sniper scope? It moves way faster. I've tried messing with all the different camera speed settings but not much luck there.

I think the "camera change speed" determines how fast you go into/out of aiming in FPV/OTS.

byropoint

Can GZ be played with a DS4 on pc? Or is it kb/m only? Never played a MGS game with kb/m before and it looks like I'll be playing TPP on pc first.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

why didnt you play it with controller?

XM1049

Neo Member
I've only played Peace Walker and MGS4, so I'm planning to play 1 2 and 3 at a leisurely pace so I can enjoy 5 before the end of the year. Gonna start 1 on PS1 tonight, hopefully it's not too outdated

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
ok guys lets be honest for a second. TPP microtransactions, should I be worried?

FiraB

Banned
ok guys lets be honest for a second. TPP microtransactions, should I be worried?
Depends on the platform, pc will naturally be hacked really quickly and bypasses for time-sinks (GMP and timers) will pop up fast (within hours). But the consoles will be a different story, having all the proper information we have today I don't think its a mix bag, depends on the player.

Personally will not bother, will just build up a massive base system but might use bypasses when I move to pc version later to skip some time-sink to get setup.

Banzai

Just saw the gc gameplay demo...what should i say. utterly blown away. the FOB stuff is fucking OPTIONAL and yet it's more complex and polished than most other full games. holy shit this game. i cant.

as for microtransactions...with the amount of time i see myself spending with this game i dont think that it would be much of a problem even if some of the later items have 5-hour-long development times lol

Skullface

I feel very fortunate to have played the Metal Gear series, starting with the NES port of Metal Gear, not only in release order as the games came out... But completely spoiler free! Well, I guess the exception would be that I emulated MG1 & 2 whilst waiting for MGS2 to release. After playing through Peace Walker, my series replays are usually in series timeline

My most recent play through went like this; MGS3 ->PoOps ->Peace Walker ->Ground Zeroes ->watch all the available Phantom Pain trailers ->Metal Gear ->Ghost Babel ->Metal Gear 2 ->Metal Gear Solid ->Metal Gear Solid 2 ->Metal Gear Solid 4 -> Rising. Now there's going to be a time where I attempt to do this again, but I can't help but think how incredibly jarring it's going to be playing Metal Gear 1 coming out from Phantom Pain.

Has anyone else played these games spoiler free? Or how about a timeline replay?

Damn. I remember when they first showed motherbase and Ocelot on it they said you could only visit the main platform. I was a bit disappointed, but it was infinitely better than just menu on the screen. And now they tell me The whole mothebase is a real place with all the different platforms and so on. Damn that's a game to rule them all.
And invading seems like the best of its kind. Even DS/BB fade away with what we've only seen.

Damn I hope they ship my CE a few days early, I would be so happy :)

Embearded

Yeah, I'm sorry about the situation in your country. It sucks, especially because it seems you have no option to play on consoles so you have to rely on Steam, but you have a lock on sending money digitally, right? And nearly no physical PC editions means everything is so screwed up... Oh well, I hope my reply helped you decide on the right course of action. Again, good luck! Even though I will probably stay on PS4 and not get into PC online for more than a few months, you should add your information to the OuterGAF google doc.

Its hidden in the first post of the thread, you can find the link by quoting the post and looking for the URL.

Don't get me wrong, at first i didn't really care about the games. I thought it was a chance for a change in my country, with the referendum i mean. Of course that didn't happen and now we have the worst aspects of both vote options (yes and no). So nothing changed and i cant buy MGS...
I am on OuterGAF group in Steam but i'll join the doc!
Thanks mate!

Theory about Quiet from trailer footage.

i think it's safe to say that when Revolver says "she saved the Boss", he means that fighter jet shoot down scene and the next scene is when quiet jumps from the heli.

Theory about Quiet from trailer footage.

i think it's safe to say that when Revolver says "she saved the Boss", he means that fighter jet shoot down scene and the next scene is when quiet jumps from the heli.

Good observation, that is certainly a plausible option. It could indeed be this event that Ocelot is referring to however it may still be one we haven't seen yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom