• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajorTom

Wow, my girlfriend is watching powerpuff girls (for some reason) and it's an episode with a character called sandman.
The guy that voices him is Gray Fox.

Wow, my girlfriend is watching powerpuff girls (for some reason) and it's an episode with a character called sandman.
The guy that voices him is Gray Fox.
MGS1 or Twin Snakes Fox?

If TTS Fox, Rob Paulson
"His name was Robert Paulson."
is a very prolific VO. He's been in tons of things from God of War to Animaniacs.

Not sure if this has already been posted.

The Phantom Pain Gamescom 2015 Playstation LIVE Footage:

http://youtu.be/LdK-msgJM1Y?t=2h49m16s
danganropa_15_zps492c10ef.jpg

RetroMG

Did Paz have augments or some kind of robotics in her? She mentioned Zeke usually needs a human pilot so needed some modifications, or did I hear that wrong?

My understanding of this comes from watching the end of Peace Walker on YouTube, so someone correct me if I am wrong.

The MB crew had set up Zeke to be remotely controlled - hence why Kaz was trying to shut it down from a control room. However, Paz felt that Zeke needed a human pilot, so she/Zadornov modified Zeke to require a pilot and not accept commands from its control room.

Paz, as far as we currently know, is totally human.

wilsonda

So does anyone know...if I purchase a digital copy of Ground zeroes on the Playstation store does it come with that konami core code? I've already regis tweed the code that came with my xbone copy but I just fixed up a ps4 so I'm moving to ps4 for tpp

So does anyone know...if I purchase a digital copy of Ground zeroes on the Playstation store does it come with that konami core code? I've already regis tweed the code that came with my xbone copy but I just fixed up a ps4 so I'm moving to ps4 for tpp

Yes, you have it automatically with the game. You don't get a code.

skyboss

is hard to belive that you cant play coop in story modeand you can in FOB, is there any reason ? kojima build this system in pw and works perfectly fine, why go back?, it's more rare when you can even play with some recruits who have specific skills for some mission. why not put the coop system en story mode?, kojima confirmed that MGSV will not bring back the system?

Zambatoh

I noticed that they changed the results screen again.

It looks like they finally did away with the letter grade system in favor of code names. I think this is a wise choice. I always feel too constrained by that system in PW and GZ. Like I'm just not playing the games right when I end up with an A instead of an S.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

It looks like they finally did away with the letter grade system in favor of code names. I think this is a wise choice. I always feel too constrained by that system in PW and GZ. Like I'm just not playing the games right when I end up with an A instead of an S.

Pretty sure they didn't because the Stealth Camo item still mentions S and A ranks. This is probably just for demo purposes.

realcZk

Pretty sure they didn't because the Stealth Camo item still mentions S and A ranks. This is probably just for demo purposes.

The letter rank is hidden behind the webcam pane :)

realcZk

Damn. You're right.

But now it's a double-rank system? That is incredibly redundant.

I'm not sure if the "Codename" is mission-specific or if it's your overall codename but it just updates/can change after each mission(s) depending on how your playstyle evolves? Sorta like the end-game codenames but you can see it after every mission? Not sure though.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."

Did his rank with the horse go down? I wonder how that happened.

I think there was an achievement for getting "S Rank" on all story missions though.

EDIT: yep. No spoilers.

GHound

I'm not sure if the "Codename" is mission-specific or if it's your overall codename but it just updates/can change after each mission(s) depending on how your playstyle evolves? Sorta like the end-game codenames but you can see it after every mission? Not sure though.
Could also be like Peace Walker where you get them over time for performing certain actions and the like... or was it using certain weapon types?

Edit: Codenames were for completing missions with different equipment types lethally/non-lethally. Insignias were for performing actions a certain amount of times.

brau

Remember the last PS4/PC comparison thread for GZ? I can't wait for the meltdowns.

pointy hats!

Prbly old. But just saw this pop up.

JunkerHQ on Twitter has been sharing some of their impressions via Twitter. The info below is taken from his translations.

The attendants spent about 40 hours playing the game, over the course of 3 days.
Missions can be replayed at a higher difficulty once you have completed the story.
One Dispatch Mission has the player sending the Combat Unit to blow up factories, which also affects the supply chain in the field (as a result the outposts won’t be able to get supplies such as helmets, body armor, shields and night scopes).
Some Dispatch Missions reward you with money or materials for new weapons.
One of the articles praises MGSV for its technical side: a solid performance in every respect with short loading times and a stable frame rate (the journalists played on PS4).
He also writes the game has the best lighting he has ever seen, sunlight is realistic without appearing ‘blown-out’.
The writer praises the quality of the cutscenes as well, the camerawork in particular, which is full of nice little touches.
Snake controls better than in Ground Zeroes, and enemy movements have improved as well, same goes for their behavior and reactions to alert phases (they now offer more variation).
One writer states the game ‘betrayed expectations’, in a good way.
The game still has the unique MGS charm, and the increased freedom results in more opportunities for it to present itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom