• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skullface

For anybody who hasn't seen these yet:

P2r1FVI.png

I'm still conflicted as hell. This really looks cool, but I don't want it to be a distraction.. I want to be able to participate in FOB on my time. Is there confirmation as to whether or not you can turn this function on and off? From what I gather, once you turn it on, there's no turning it off -_-

I'm still conflicted as hell. This really looks cool, but I don't want it to be a distraction.. I want to be able to participate in FOB on my time. Is there confirmation as to whether or not you can turn this function on and off? From what I gather, once you turn it on, there's no turning it off -_-

The only thing I have heard/read is that you can turn it off or on but I haven't heard anything about being able to turn it off after turning it on. I do think you will be able to turn it off after enabling the FOB system because of them wanting to make it accessible to everyone, but I haven't got any texts or videos stating this.

Embearded

Good observation, that is certainly a plausible option. It could indeed be this event that Ocelot is referring to however it may still be one we haven't seen yet.

Absolutely. From what i've read from those journalists that played the game, i feel like we nothing about it so far. Kojima could easily be feeding us with whatever he wants.

Again for the same scene.
Millers "she saved herself" makes it the ideal situation.

Me when I go into the store to pick up MGSV

jvi3zGX.gif

Imagine the horror when your hear the staff at the counter discussing the story of MGSV and they're spoiling everything.

Absolutely. From what i've read from those journalists that played the game, i feel like we nothing about it so far. Kojima could easily be feeding us with whatever he wants.

Again for the same scene.
Millers "she saved herself" makes it the ideal situation.

I agree. Kojima makes it seem as if these two scenes could be/are related to each other, but the chance that they aren't is just as big. We may never know till the release of the game.

Skullface

The only thing I have heard/read is that you can turn it off or on but I haven't heard anything about being able to turn it off after turning it on. I do think you will be able to turn it off after enabling the FOB system because of them wanting to make it accessible to everyone, but I haven't got any texts or videos stating this.

Yes, that's what i meant. I didn't mean you log out of the PSN.

I've been reading that you can't turn it off once you turn it on :/ I haven't seen an actual source one way other, though.

Skullface

Yeah ? huh. Well, i must of misinterpreted what Sean said.

Like I said, I have no actual source. It just seems to be the consensus on /mgg/. I always take shit I read from there with a grain of salt, but there was a lot of solution oriented discussion that didn't strike me as shit posting.

I'm not sure about the specific details but he definitely said it is completely optional.

Optional? Yes. But can you turn it on and off as you please? This is where I'm confused. Sean alludes to your FOB being attacked while you're not around. I get the feeling that this means while you're not even playing the game. To be perfectly clear, I want to know if I can turn FOB off after having turned it on. Maybe Tora can shed some light here?

Skullface

Is it confirmed that you get some goodies for 100% save from GZ?
Was there any tweet or something?

No. We get carry overs though. Unique extractions convert to DD staff. We also get extra staff from the download code that came with the first batch of physical copies. I may have an extra code. I'll offer it up once I confirm on Sept 1st.

Edit: These have nothing to do with 100%. That's not to say you get nothing for 100%, there's just nothing that's been said about it.

Skullface

Thanks.
I'll get my physical copy of GZ with TPP for free.
Wonder if I find any code in it.

I don't think so, not unless it's an older copy. It'll have a sticker advertising Phantom Pain DLC if it has the code. If I do have a spare, send me a PM now and I'll give you first crack at it come sept 1st.

Edit:

I was watching Blow yesterday for the first time in a few years, and there's a scene where Lynyrd Skynyrd's "That Smell" plays. It occurred to me today that will be my main theme while I'm playing as Stink Boss.

Ooooooo ooooo that smell!
Can't you smell that smell
Ooooooo ooooo that smell!
The smell of death surrounds yooooooouiuu

Embearded

I don't know if it's already been posted, but look at the currency they use for FOB purchase.
MB Coins....unless its some kind of GMP scaling, like 100 silver coins make 1 gold in some games, i fear it's microtransactions....

GHound

I don't know if it's already been posted, but look at the currency they use for FOB purchase.
MB Coins....unless its some kind of GMP scaling, like 100 silver coins make 1 gold in some games, i fear it's microtransactions....

Didn't Sean say that you could make an FOB after you built your Mother Base up enough? Maybe you get coins for developing Mother Base and/or performing certain actions there.
I hope.

GHound

Just a hint system I think, it pops quite a few times at the start with different things.

Yeah, but in Ground Zeroes clicking left on the touch pad brought up the pause menu and right brought up the idroid. The thing is, the options button also brought up the idroid. Looks like they're doing something else instead of doubling up on a function now. That's the "left touch pad" icon.

Yeah, but in Ground Zeroes clicking left on the touch pad brought up the pause menu and right brought up the idroid. The thing is, the options button also brought up the idroid. Looks like they're doing something else instead of doubling up on a function now. That's the "left touch pad" icon.

I guess there was no time with GZ being released as fast as Konami wanted. But now they kinda made PS exclusive feature for touch-pad. that would be great.

Yes but I think the hint system is part of the pause screen, so it should be the same in terms of controls.
When they showed it in January Kojima Station it had hints on the pause screen.

Embearded

Didn't Sean say that you could make an FOB after you built your Mother Base up enough? Maybe you get coins for developing Mother Base and/or performing certain actions there.
I hope.

Me toο mate....

Watched that live gameplay, god damn that flare in the end! Those fucking visuals!

Wow that quick?! Did you visit Monster Island?

I did! I love MH so fighting a Rathalos and Tigrex was strange but also pretty cool. The Velociprey managed to even more annoying than in MH too! Also, this would sound weird if it was anything other than Metal Gear but

Did Paz have augments or some kind of robotics in her? She mentioned Zeke usually needs a human pilot so needed some modifications, or did I hear that wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom