• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

brau

I know next to nothing about PC gaming but I think I'll want to play TPP on PC at some point. About how much would I need to spend on a rig that could play TPP at max settings while maintaining a solid framerate?

A little under 1k could set you up with a good rig for quite a while. I think i saw a very reserved rig for 500 bucks that could work well as well. Up to what you want out of your system.

Mifec

I know next to nothing about PC gaming but I think I'll want to play TPP on PC at some point. About how much would I need to spend on a rig that could play TPP at max settings while maintaining a solid framerate?

Honestly? 700-800 bucks and you are set for most games in the next few years, just sell your gpu and buy a new one when you want to.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

my current rig can run GZ like 10 times over at max settings and it cost about $700.

Also, for advice, you can try this for a gaming PC, check this thread for help: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=944920

Or for a gaming laptop thread for some help: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=745783

If you go there, it's best to ask for the topic's OP, K.Jack.

realcZk

twenty

five

more

days

hnnngg

dDbWe0F.png

realcZk

Anyone downscale GZ on PC to make up for the lack of AA ? I can only downscale it from 1440p before I drop under 60fps on max settings (GTX 780). I'm wondering if I'll even be able to do 1440p for TPP, as I imagine itll be a little more demanding.

RK9039

Anyone downscale GZ on PC to make up for the lack of AA ? I can only downscale it from 1440p before I drop under 60fps on max settings (GTX 780). I'm wondering if I'll even be able to do 1440p for TPP, as I imagine itll be a little more demanding.

Yeah I tried 4k once and with some of the post processing effect turned down it can still maintain very decent fps. I only have a small 680, nothing amazing. 1440p will definitely be possible for us.

Gun Animal

A little under 1k could set you up with a good rig for quite a while. I think i saw a very reserved rig for 500 bucks that could work well as well. Up to what you want out of your system.

Honestly? 700-800 bucks and you are set for most games in the next few years, just sell your gpu and buy a new one when you want to.

my current rig can run GZ like 10 times over at max settings and it cost about $700.

Also, for advice, you can try this for a gaming PC, check this thread for help: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=944920

Or for a gaming laptop thread for some help: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=745783

If you go there, it's best to ask for the topic's OP, K.Jack.
thanks brothers B) I should be able to save that up in a month or two. I've always been intimidated by PC gaming because of those expensive 3k rigs.

realcZk

Yeah I tried 4k once and with some of the post processing effect turned down it can still maintain very decent fps. I only have a small 680, nothing amazing. 1440p will definitely be possible for us.

That's great news, thanks. I'm hoping TPP will have more options that will allow us to fine-tune it more. I was not a fan of the increased DOF on PC (i felt it sucked a lot of detail out of the cutscene and certain situations, and when ADSing the tranq your gun sight was a total blur compared to console ), so I'll probably tone that down to console levels if I can.

By the way, were you using a custom resolution or nVidia DSR?

I've got to say that I really like Sean Eyestone. Especially after watching the IGN gameplay demo. There was one section where a guard almost opens the players box containing the sneaking suit and Sean was like, good thing we took him out before he opened it otherwise he would've gotten our suit.

The interviewer was like, oh so then he'd use your suit?

And Sean was like nope, we just wouldn't be able to use it.

Small things like that I like. A lot of people in these interviews tend to lie out of their asses but Sean and Koji pro in general have been very transparent throughout and have never sugar coated anything from what I can tell.

NYR94

I've got to say that I really like Sean Eyestone. Especially after watching the IGN gameplay demo. There was one section where a guard almost opens the players box containing the sneaking suit and Sean was like, good thing we took him out before he opened it otherwise he would've gotten our suit.

The interviewer was like, oh so then he'd use your suit?

And Sean was like nope, we just wouldn't be able to use it.

Small things like that I like. A lot of people in these interviews tend to lie out of their asses but Sean and Koji pro in general have been very transparent throughout and have never sugar coated anything from what I can tell.

Yeah, he does a really good job. He doesn't have to hype things unnecessarily because the gameplay speaks for itself. If there's a cool or interesting gameplay possibility in there, KojiPro probably included it. We won't know the full potential of how all these systems interact in this new open world until the public gets the game and the high level gamers start posting crazy videos on Youtube the way they did with Ground Zeroes. I'm sure through extensive testing the developers know about the ridiculous things that you can do, but they understand that it's more exciting for the fans to discover it for themselves rather than see it spoiled in a gameplay demo.

SereneDarlingKarakul.gif

Palpable

Yeah, he does a really good job. He doesn't have to hype things unnecessarily because the gameplay speaks for itself. If there's a cool or interesting gameplay possibility in there, KojiPro probably included it. We won't know the full potential of how all these systems interact in this new open world until the public gets the game and the high level gamers start posting crazy videos on Youtube the way they did with Ground Zeroes. I'm sure through extensive testing the developers know about the ridiculous things that you can do, but they understand that it's more exciting for the fans to discover it for themselves rather than see it spoiled in a gameplay demo.

SereneDarlingKarakul.gif

That's a gif from my video, right?

Edit: Ah, not my video, but it looks damn similar.

That gif really does speak volumes. My hype levels are unreal at the moment and I honestly can't wait to see what people do with this game.

Check it out

That's a gif from my video, right?

Edit: Ah, not my video, but it looks damn similar.

Check it out

Haha, I love it. Very creative! Will have to try this out. I've only used C4 for exploring out of bounds so far.

get

Also, gonna get one of these so that I can use TPP app on my phone and have the map infront of me in real time. Saw someone post this idea on MGS informer. Genius.

RK9039

That's great news, thanks. I'm hoping TPP will have more options that will allow us to fine-tune it more. I was not a fan of the increased DOF on PC (i felt it sucked a lot of detail out of the cutscene and certain situations, and when ADSing the tranq your gun sight was a total blur compared to console ), so I'll probably tone that down to console levels if I can.

By the way, were you using a custom resolution or nVidia DSR?

I was using my own custom resolution through the control panel.

Embearded

Does anyone have a problem with mouse sensivity in GZ?
I have a logitech G402 on 800 DPI and whenever i zoom with binoculars or snipers sensivity goes to hell and it moves too fast.
I keep mouse sensivity on 2 in settings which makes camera movement yoo slow in game but still its super fast when aiming a sniper.

The1Ski

PSA:

It doesn't look like redeeming a game code received through Nvidia for purchasing a 900 series video card gets you the pre-purchase bonus of Ground Zeroes for free.

I redeemed my code and TPP is in my library but no Ground Zeroes. Poop

GHound

So they made Donna Burke remake every main theme of the series? :S

Edit:
Quiet Theme: Joosten >>>>>>>> Burke!!
Goddamn she nails it!

You feel it too, don't you?
Them feels are going to be especially bad when the time comes and Boss pulls the trigger.

-Deimos

Does anyone have a problem with mouse sensivity in GZ?
I have a logitech G402 on 800 DPI and whenever i zoom with binoculars or snipers sensivity goes to hell and it moves too fast.
I keep mouse sensivity on 2 in settings which makes camera movement yoo slow in game but still its super fast when aiming a sniper.

It's a known issue.

I've been replaying MGS2 and read up on George Sears. The wiki says he was involved in the war on terror in Iraq and Afghanistan. Do they mention that in the game or did they just retcon that later on?

pahamrick

PSA:

It doesn't look like redeeming a game code received through Nvidia for purchasing a 900 series video card gets you the pre-purchase bonus of Ground Zeroes for free.

I redeemed my code and TPP is in my library but no Ground Zeroes. Poop

Yeah, on the other hand it's looking likely that Nvidia promo copies will get the pre-order DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom