• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah about that, where is everyone? I went quiet for a couple weeks and i feel like i missed a lot

There was apparently some discussion between him and other members of this OT and he left. He is also banned now for other reasons (a shame) but that is another reason why he isn't here anymore. The majority however has left because they would like to avoid any potential spoilers and they should be back after release, so it will be good to have them back.

Seriously considering preordering the MGSV PS4 digital version for the convenience and preloading, while still keeping my collector's edition preorder for that baby arm and other physical extras, in case there are delivery delays.

I have never done this. Wth is wrong with me?

Embearded

Seriously considering preordering the MGSV PS4 digital version for the convenience and preloading, while still keeping my collector's edition preorder for that baby arm and other physical extras, in case there are delivery delays.

You are already a Demon....

J.EM1

24 dayss

CLz6gb5UYAA0PB8.png
Perfect! lol
Donna and Stephanie's voice so lovely.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
I am really contemplating killing Quite now, most people will keep her alive because she will be a good buddy etc, but I just would like to see how the story unfolds without her.....hmmmm. In the end she probably dies anyways

Ryan_MSF

Joosten's track is 100% better, IMO. Donna's is still lovely, though.

Agreed, I hear a lot more emotion behind her performance and it resonates a lot more with me after repeat listens, though that's no disservice to Donna, her performances are incredible as always!

MajorTom

I'm going to preorder the digital version next week. It's more expensive than Amazon but I really don't want to wait for my copy to arrive.

Roldan

So, I'm listening this new ver. of Sins of the Father and thinking: I hope TPP features an opening, like in MGS2/3. I remember watching this, but I'm not sure if thats any evidence.

You are already a Demon....

You're nuclear

I'm going to preorder the digital version next week. It's more expensive than Amazon but I really don't want to wait for my copy to arrive.

I knew you would understand, MGSGAF. I really want the convenience of not switching discs, and no waiting for shipping but can't resist the extras...especially with the way the CE was selling out. And what's $160 amongst old friends... right?

Gun Animal

I know my Collectors edition will take at least a day, maybe a whole week because O live in Hawaii, so I may stop by a midnight release at Gamestop and buy it then, then trade in that copy when my CE comes in. I figure I'll only be out 20$ if I do it that way.

My hope is that the game case in the CE is sealed and that the download codes are on the outside, so I can just return THAT copy for a fu refund... I doubt it tho

Embearded

I knew you would understand, MGSGAF. I really want the convenience of not switching discs, and no waiting for shipping but can't resist the extras...especially with the way the CE was selling out. And what's $160 amongst old friends... right?

There is no reason for you to explain yourself brother, MGS is our Holy Grail!
In the end, how much have we already spent for MGS3 over the years? ;)

the real question is, when are we going to stop spending on MGS3 remakes??

So, I'm listening this new ver. of Sins of the Father and thinking: I hope TPP features an opening, like in MGS2/3. I remember watching this, but I'm not sure if thats any evidence.

Yeah Kyle Cooper is mentioned in some of the trailers credited for titles, he was responsible for 2&3's and that concept vid. If you haven't seen the screens of the new mobile app, they're surprisingly close to that video.
I think they're responsible for the xray poster art that's in the GZ manual too, so that could be part of the into style.

I started playing Persona 2: Eternal Punishment and am completely clueless.

Some murder case in a High School, some guy with a paper bag on his head and a weird ghosts used in battle.
Died in the clock tower and got mud because modern games made me lazy with all that fucking autosave feature that I didn't save. At all.
Stupid fucking old games with lame controls and poor graphics!
!!!1 Just joking, I like old games and give Persona 2 a second try.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Edit: nabbed by thabtouk :)

I'm having a clear out and declutter, and I found an old Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes papercraft kit which I think was part of a press kit - it is a model of the rex from MGS3.

Never built it - would any of you want it? You'd need to cover postage (I'm in the UK). It isn't heavy, but I assume you'd want it shipped with cardboard backing to protect it, and it is larger than A4 (but smaller than A3)

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."

Some murder case in a High School, some guy with a paper bag on his head and a weird ghosts used in battle.
Died in the clock tower and got mud because modern games made me lazy with all that fucking autosave feature that I didn't save. At all.

Wrong thread?

Vally

Hai!

P2 is amazing, I love its story and characters. Though I've only completed Innocent Sin... I tried to play the psx version of Eternal Punishment but it is way too hard for my taste.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

I can relate. I am trying to beat Super Mario Bros. with no warp whistle (or warp whatever) and it's difficult. Saddest part is that there are 4 year olds who beat it back in the day.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
I finished Metal Gear and MG2: Solid Snake for the first time this week. If I was a kid in 1987 they would've blown my mind. Metal Gear 2 especially is so detailed and stuff, it's hard to believe it's on the same hardware as the first.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I finished Metal Gear and MG2: Solid Snake for the first time this week. If I was a kid in 1987 they would've blown my mind. Metal Gear 2 especially is so detailed and stuff, it's hard to believe it's on the same hardware as the first.

Did you use a walkthrough? Be honest. I had to use one for a part in MG1 where you have to call this number in a certain room and used one for MG2 for the owl thing.

I'm having a clear out and declutter, and I found an old Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes papercraft kit which I think was part of a press kit - it is a model of the rex from MGS3.

Never built it - would any of you want it? You'd need to cover postage (I'm in the UK). It isn't heavy, but I assume you'd want it shipped with cardboard backing to protect it, and it is larger than A4 (but smaller than A3)

I'm definitely interested! I'm in the UK. How much would you want for it?

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Did you use a walkthrough? Be honest. I had to use one for a part in MG1 where you have to call this number in a certain room and used one for MG2 for the owl thing.

Yes, for MG I had to use one to get Schneider's frequency because the game doesn't really give it to you, and for MG2 since I had no manual I had to use it for everything involving tap codes and stuff.

brau

Wrong thread?

I think people are welcome of discussing things that they are currently playing. or movies. its a community thread after all :)

Like... i have been playign SHadows of MOrdor on PC and having a blast lately. The game on PC look so much better, all the ambiance and atmosphere is awesome. Love it, and the photomode.

Screen i took the other day. lol.

MajorTom

I think people are welcome of discussing things that they are currently playing. or movies. its a community thread after all :)
Exactly :)
I've nearly got the platinum for batman arkham knight, just finishing my second play through. Has anyone else achieved the plat?
The riddler trophies were a nightmare.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Why? It isn't for talking on MGS related stuff only. I'm playing something else to take my mind of the waiting for 1st of September.

i agree, but other communities have gotten warnings for not extrictly talking about their namesake. this is not our outer heaven.

brau

Exactly :)
I've nearly got the platinum for batman arkham knight, just finishing my second play through. Has anyone else achieved the plat?
The riddler trophies were a nightmare.

ugh... i want to.. but riddler puzzles are not fun at all... but i still got on my first play through. 96% completion. Waiting for PC build to be patched so i can replay it on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom