• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

s6rRFKx.png

MajorTom

Japan already got their pre-load no?

I'm not sure, possibly.

Or is their release early?
It actually releases later in Japan.

Damn, PC version looks awesome

pic_motherbase_pc_steam_thumb.jpg

Looks great. One day I'll play it on pc and it'll look great.
But I've never looked at the ps4 version and thought that it looks bad in any way. TPP looks great on everything, even the ps3 version looks pretty good considering the hardware.

VulpX

Bullshit 720p on last-gen.

'Scaling internally'.

Just like Ground Zeroes it'll have a sub-HD resolution, as to be expected. The 30fps isn't convincing either.
Why is the 30fps not convincing? Why wouldn't it be 30fps?

Agree that it's 720pr.

But it's full 1080p/60fps awesomeness on PS4, great. And expected after GZ of course. Some day I'll have a PC (and monitor) that runs this in 4K :p

Kindekuma

Banned
Not sure if posted in last page or not (posting from my plane to LA and Wifi is crap) but the Golden Joystick shipping date is later next week.

Also PC version looks fucking AMAZING.

NgCxPVl.jpg

I'm immune to blured, jagged graphics with low framerate.
For a 10-year hardware with 512 MB it looks amazing.

You lost ".jpg" in your link ;)

NgCxPVl.jpg

Calling it now, these songs are on the soundtrack because mgsv is a remake of all mgs games ;)

In all seriousness though, probably a long credit sequence at the end or an end boss fight similar to the one against ocelot at the end of mgs4.

I welcome any kind of bizarre left turn Kojima can pull out of his twisted mind, but stopping to think about it, their inclusion is most likely due to being tracks to assign your chopper.

Embearded

WTF?
Why did they delete the Joosten "Quiet's Theme" song? I had a class for 2 hours and now the damn track is gone..... arghh

Man the comparison thread makes me cringe. A lot of hyperbole in there about how the PS4 version looks ugly or how the game is clearly cross-gen lol.

The PS4 version of GZ is still one of the most impressive things i've played this gen. The opening alone in 60fps 1080 was jaw dropping.

Also, I find it funny how everyone bitches when something isn't 60FPS or 1080p. Now that TPP is both of those things, people are like "clearly cross-gen, should've made it 30fps for more graphic effects."

It's so obnoxious. I'm also of the opinion that many people in that thread have not played GZ and are forming their opinions purely based on the images provided. You can't knock Ground Zeroes until you've seen it in motion, imo.

I gotta stay out of those threads. Really ruins how I enjoy games. Never used to notice AA, FPS or res until I started browsing Gaf way back. Wish I still didn't notice...

VulpX

Man the comparison thread makes me cringe. A lot of hyperbole in there about how the PS4 version looks ugly or how the game is clearly cross-gen lol.

The PS4 version of GZ is still one of the most impressive things i've played this gen. The opening alone in 60fps 1080 was jaw dropping.

Also, I find it funny how everyone bitches when something isn't 60FPS or 1080p. Now that TPP is both of those things, people are like "clearly cross-gen, should've made it 30fps for more graphic effects."

It's so obnoxious. I'm also of the opinion that many people in that thread have not played GZ and are forming their opinions purely based on the images provided. You can't knock Ground Zeroes until you've seen it in motion, imo.

I gotta stay out of those threads. Really ruins how I enjoy games. Never used to notice AA, FPS or res until I started browsing Gaf way back. Wish I still didn't notice...
igQbLhmO8O6fz.gif

Alienous

Those 'Quiet's Theme' lyrics.

Light - tasted sweet. It let me live. Let me breathe.

She's has to be
related to The End somehow.

Can you motherfuckers believe we are only a few short weeks away from this thing? Do you guys have anything special in mind for the thread for the final week leading up to release?

MajorTom

Can you motherfuckers believe we are only a few short weeks away from this thing? Do you guys have anything special in mind for the thread for the final week leading up to release?

nothing for the thread but I'm trying to be extra careful when crossing roads so i don't die before release.

Embearded

God damned mondegreens.

I'll try posting the lyrics as i hear them, please be polite, English isn't my native language.. :p

Birds, in the sky
carry, these words for me.
Life, tasted sweet,
it let me live,
let me breathe.

*not sure about the next part*

Love, hurt so bad
it still, saved my soul
flowers, of pride and past
they bloomed so free
on even sand. *this one i am not sure at all*

Memories, i want to give to you,
so you can see,
what we learned there....

They ruined snake eater in my opinion.

Yup, Snake Eater, Love Theme, The Best Is Yet To Come are kinda bad.

I've got to type 4 post a day to get full Member before the release.
Impossible.

Throw in a theory about someone being someone else and you'll be a member tomorrow :p

brau

i gotta say that ps4 version has always been pretty amazing. But no one can't deny or unsee how much better it is on PC. Its just so much more atmospheric and moody.

I am so happy this game is coming to pc day one. :D

4k, 60fps. here i come :D

RK9039

Just listened to some of those tracks, shit those remakes/alternate versions are terrible lol.

I don't like imitations, the real thing's always better.

I think I am going to sneak into the local gaming sites office and steal the fucking review copy from them.

Remember Kenzo, this is a sneaking mission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom