• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Quickly skimming through In The Darkness of Shadow Moses again, Richard Ames was actually a fairly significant character in MGS1.

1. He brought in Naomi to develop FOXDIE and ordered its use. (he did not know about her vendetta)

2. He sent the team that found Miller dead (but it was obviously too late by that point)

3. He arrested Jim Houseman who tried to keep everything hush hush by destroying Shadow Moses.

4. He let Nastasha live and tell the truth about Shadow Moses to the world when he could have easily killed her. This action is likely what cost him his life a few years later.

Mifec

Damn, that must have been scary and painful...
To be fair from the adrenaline and the scene of 3 police officers beating them like 20 seconds after it happened I went from WTF to laughing, it started hurting after. The worst was the stitches itching.
I told them to give you a scare, but this is too much.
You foresaw that you couldn't spoil TPP for me so you sent those guys after me.

Even tho a rocketo punch arm would be amazing. i am glad your hand is ok. holy cow. lol. I didn't know those french were so hostile. I thought they were all about surrendering and running away.

tell that to my gf, see what happens rofl. then again she is only half french.

L33T

Banned

lolololkojima.gif

To be fair from the adrenaline and the scene of 3 police officers beating them like 20 seconds after it happened I went from WTF to laughing, it started hurting after. The worst was the stitches itching.

Seems like you remembered the basics of CQC training then.

I think that he never knew how to. Remember how he "swimmed" (swam?) in Snake Eater? He was all BLARGBUAGH wen he fell in to the river.

there are areas with water that's deep enough to swim in in MGS3. So yea, he can swim.

I would go BLARGBUAGH in that river too. And I think his arm was dislocated after facing The Boss.

Kazuhira

The rocket arm looks a little op tbh
I noticed the fuel bar and i was like "ok,it seems you can only use it once...............nope,it recharges itself"
IpOLVCe.jpg

Anyway,it´s a rank 6 item so maybe you need to grind a lot to unlock it.
Btw that cutscene when big boss was dirty as fuck was amazing,it reminds me of the fly camo from mgs3.

I think that he never knew how to. Remember how he "swimmed" (swam?) in Snake Eater? He was all BLARGBUAGH wen he fell in to the river.
He can,it would be dumb if a trained soldier can´t swim.
Also,you can swim in that lake full of crocodiles and leeches in snake eater.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Not trying to be a hipster or an apologist, but I unironically liked the swimming section of MGS2.

Not just "was ok with", but actively liked.

Maybe they'll give us a special "swimming arm" that propels Snake through the water. You know, like the thing Solid uses at the very beginning of MGS1. ;)

SDV (Swimmer Delivery Vehicle)

Not trying to be a hipster or an apologist, but I unironically liked the swimming section of MGS2.

Not just "was ok with", but actively liked.

SDV (Swimmer Delivery Vehicle)

I hated the swimming at first but ive played the game so many times I can complete the section in like 30 seconds. It has made me appreciate the design of it more though.

http://youtu.be/kqjVqIYpgak
Our final Metal Gear.
This is it guys, the final stretch, I just wanted to share this with you all.

2f0.gif

Sweet, I was looking for a good acoustic version of the theme to play in V (if PS4 supports it). I wish it was a little slower though, I was thinking of having some version that seemed to resonate from the desert itself, you know? Maybe I can edit it.

Nice find.
Everything in life ends, as life itself does, but MGS will be forever in our hearts and a part of who we are.

Salute brother!

I see Peace Walker and V as more of an epilogue to the series. Its already over, now its just time for us to see how it all came to the end we've seen.

Likewise, I see the Metal Gear games as being a prologue to the mainline Solid series.

However, that doesn't mean its final closure isn't bitter sweet. Kojima has seemingly done a hell of a job bringing it all to fruition though.

Edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kfr9MEE9mkk

Yong made a trailer with Calling to the Night.

GAH! I was just thinking that I should edit my post to link it. Pretty moving honestly, such an under appreciated song in my opinion.

This was my comment:

As awesome as it possibly could be! That song is really under appreciated, so its cool for it to be in a MGSV trailer. Great job compiling everything into a cohesive whole and delivering on the potential of the song! And thank you for being my main source of MGSV news ever since that trailer for a strange, strange game, "The Phantom Pain". You didn't have to tell us it was MGSV, that much was obvious, but your analysis and always at the front lines coverage has been sublime. Here's to you, Yong. I look forward to seeing what you have in store to hype up in the future, and I hope to see you someday in MGO, maybe I'll invade your FOB... :)

I don't care what the haters say, Yong was an excellent source of information, and was dedicated to finding and presenting as much juicy bits of news and analysis as possible. He also provided a pretty vast amount of independently produced analysis.

I think we can rest assured that Strangelove will at least appear in tapes, similar to Eva in Peace Walker.

Amanda and Chico will surely be mentioned at least. This is 100% for sure.

I hope they all show up in person, but if any of those has a chance, it's Chico considering we still don't know what happened with him and he never left MSF before the fall. Next up would obviously be Strangelove, because of her connection to and possible manipulation of Huey. Remember, we still don't know exactly what "the scientist was our way in" meant.

Edit:

Oh yeah, and Eva, please show up. + Gray Fox + Naomi + Solidus + Paramedic etc. etc.

Shy

Forgive me for being behind. (again)
Are all of you basing the fact Boss can't swim because on that one FOB video. ?

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
this is a non-issue, the levels have obviously been designed around the fact that you can't swim. Saying "but but but he should be able to swim he's done it before!" is ignoring all the level design + new abilities that have been added based on the levels that we're getting.

Shy

this is a non-issue, the levels have obviously been designed around the fact that you can't swim. Saying "but but but he should be able to swim he's done it before!" is ignoring all the level design + new abilities that have been added based on the levels that we're getting.
No it isn't, you can still think it's dumb that he can't swim anymore. While taking into account the level design we've seen so far.

FiraB

Banned
I hate steam...unlock all trails achievement bugged out :( It's taken me ages to do pure stealth, no kills and no weapons and that happened. Damn thing happened on all cassette tapes and had to delete an entire save to fix it.

...back to peace walker

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
I hate steam...unlock all trails achievement bugged out :( It's taken me ages to do pure stealth, no kills and no weapons and that happened. Damn thing happened on all cassette tapes and had to delete an entire save to fix it.

...back to peace walker

You know unlocking all trials doesn't require you to actually do all the trials, right? Easiest way is to play each mission on hard twice, then go through on normal and mark every enemy. That'll unlock each trial and the achievement.

...back to peace walker

You know you don't actually have to do all of those to unlock all the trials? Just mark all of the guards on Normal, and beat everything on Hard twice.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
has anyone ever said anything about how no playable character can jump

Palpable

has anyone ever said anything about how no playable character can jump

No, because it doesn't matter. I agree with you about the swimming thing. If it isn't necessary to the level, it doesn't matter. Big Boss can swim, he did in MGS3, so him not swimming in this game doesn't mean he is incapable of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom