• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone listening to that Sins of the Father and Quiet theme sampling? Kind of hard to believe it's Stefanie singing.

Cult following Stefanie is already strong enough.
After TPP release she will be praised on every corner of the internet.
Mark my words, for the Queen is upon us!

Furyous

Swimming presents a new headache in the form of fulton. How would you fulton animals underwater? It's impossible to knock out a shark and fulton him alive to your base. Ditto for dolphins and sea creatures.

With that said, we need an underwater stealth mission.

Embearded

Fuck swimming guys! We've got an open world MGS with changes in patrols, plant gathering, MB as a physical place we can visit, buddies, vehicles, etc and we care about swimming?

I just woke up, 9:26 a.m here and so you know ehat i thought right when my eyes opened?
"Good, one day closes to the releaae"..

ETA 24 days!

grimmiq

Since I don't want to get burnt out playing 70+ hours of Metal Gear before TPP I'm watching movie versions and I'm at a bit of a crossroads.. Do I go order of release and go directly from 2 to 3, or should I finish off Solid's story and go to 4, then do 3 > Portable > Peacewalker?

Shy

Swimming presents a new headache in the form of fulton. How would you fulton animals underwater? It's impossible to knock out a shark and fulton him alive to your base. Ditto for dolphins and sea creatures.
LOL. That never occurred to me.
With that said, we need an underwater stealth mission.
Yep yep.
Since I don't want to get burnt out playing 70+ hours of Metal Gear before TPP I'm watching movie versions and I'm at a bit of a crossroads.. Do I go order of release and go directly from 2 to 3, or should I finish off Solid's story and go to 4, then do 3 > Portable > Peacewalker?
*Watch in this order.
PW.
GZ.
MGS1.
MGS2.
MGS4.

*Skip Pops.

grimmiq

LOL. That never occurred to me.

Yep yep.

*Watch in this order.
PW.
GZ.
MGS1.
MGS2.
MGS4.

*Skip Pops.

Already finished MGS 1 & 2 so I guess I may as well go straight to 4. I played/finished them all as they were released so I'm just brushing up on the story so there's no huge surprises I'm spoiling, portable is the only one I haven't touched.

Shy

Already finished MGS 1 & 2 so I guess I may as well go straight to 4. I played/finished them all as they were released so I'm just brushing up on the story so there's no huge surprises I'm spoiling, portable is the only one I haven't touched.
In that case, finish 4, then go 3, PW and then GZ.

-Deimos

Order of release.

DieH@rd

Banned
has anyone ever said anything about how no playable character can jump

BB can jump in some situations, for example when he was running away chopper in african junge [he jumped across river cliffs], from rising container to an elevated platform, or from one roof to another [shown in trailer].

al this no swimming posts reminded me of MGS 4 act 2, where Snake could swim in a
smallest river ever. And this feature was never really used in-game. I think even most of those who played MGS 4 don't even know you can swim lol.

People should never recommend to watch the series on Youtube. Only for maybe MG1/2, PW and maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee MGS1.

You have to play all of them or it won't have the full impact on you.

Shy

People should never recommend to watch the series on Youtube. Only for maybe MG1/2, PW and maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee MGS1.

If you read grimmiq's post he/she said that they didn't want to get burned out trying to play through them all in a month, so then what do you recommend. ?

Akiller

rKIryAx.png

https://twitter.com/metalgear_en/status/629716130546892800

@ShiragamaV @gamespot Snake can't swim, but he can walk through water, shallow streams, anything where his feet touch the ground #MGSVQA

BB confirmed as Devil's fruit user.

If you read grimmiq's post he/she said that they didn't want to get burned out trying to play through them all in a month, so then what do you recommend. ?

That one has not to buy the game the day it comes out.

Edit: I know, hype and the game looks and is probably better than ever, but I think it's more rewarding to play at least 1,2,3,4 and Ground Zeroes to appreciate.

However, for people who have already played the games but wouldn't mind refreshing their memory, I strongly recommend the graphic novel adaptations of the first two games if you've never seen them, they can refresh you on the stories of the games while telling them in an entirely different light.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PHReMw0zVE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB8EgZXKG8Y

grimmiq

That one has not to buy the game the day it comes out.

Edit: I know, hype and the game looks and is probably better than ever, but I think it's more rewarding to play at least 1,2,3,4 and Ground Zeroes to appreciate.

As I said in my second post, I played and finished each game as they were released (aside from 1 as I didn't have a PS1 in 98). I can and do appreciate the games, but I want to brush up on the story so I don't miss any small nods to events in the previous games.

As I said in my second post, I played and finished each game as they were released (aside from 1 as I didn't have a PS1 in 98). I can and do appreciate the games, but I want to brush up on the story so I don't miss any small nods to events in the previous games.

Oh, yes I am being obtuse.

Sorry for that confusion. I misread.

Palpable

I should have said "compared to metal gear"
I think the open world looks pretty bland, combat looks like a bad version of batman and overall it just looks boring.
I think I probably think most of this because I'm comparing it to metal gear though.

Well in that case everything looks bad compared to MGS :p

Embearded

BROTHERS!
At last i got my hands on a paysafecard and i pre ordered the game!

ITS MINE BROTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

SCREW YOU CAPITAL CONTROLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

al this no swimming posts reminded me of MGS 4 act 2, where Snake could swim in a
smallest river ever. And this feature was never really used in-game. I think even most of those who played MGS 4 don't even know you can swim lol.

Put a tiny river in game: main character can swim
Put your base on the ocean: nope! no swimming!

#fucklogic

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Just over 20 days left now. You might think the wait gets harder now, but think about it. If I told you a few years ago, 2013 maybe, that you'd only have to wait 20 days before you got the full game in all of its glory, you'd be alright with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom