• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shy

Just over 20 days left now. You might think the wait gets harder now, but think about it. If I told you a few years ago, 2013 maybe, that you'd only have to wait 20 days before you got the full game in all of its glory, you'd be alright with it.
I have absolutely no life and no friends, for me the wait is becoming interminable.

It was never going to work in Mother Base, did you ever try it in Ground Zeroes? Whether it matters or not will depend on level design.
Edit; yes, swimming, sorry! It sounds Red Dead Redemptionish but idk.

Embearded

Ohh, i never expected it to work for swimming around MB. But MGS3 style, during some missions i did.

I'd like a swimming opening for a missions but nothing more. It breaks the immersion for me.
I always found swimming in games pretty broken. GTAV PC swimming is so fucking broken, it took me 5-10 deaths in order to understand how the hell it works.

Do we know who is Hal's mother? He's born in 1980 (just like me) so I wonder who might it be. Will we ever know that?

Mother Base destroyed, Big Boss in a coma. What was happening with Huey since 1975?

FiraB

Banned
You know you don't actually have to do all of those to unlock all the trials? Just mark all of the guards on Normal, and beat everything on Hard twice.

You know unlocking all trials doesn't require you to actually do all the trials, right? Easiest way is to play each mission on hard twice, then go through on normal and mark every enemy. That'll unlock each trial and the achievement.

Yep did this after resetting the save and it got me it, not so many hours later and I have a 100% complete save and finally all those achievements ticked off. The normal difficulty (outside dejavu) was the easiest, just went in loud and took out the base, anti-air was easily the hardest with having to take down 42 soldiers.

Fun times.

Embearded

Do we know who is Hal's mother? He's born in 1980 (just like me) so I wonder who might it be. Will we ever know that?

Mother Base destroyed, Big Boss in a coma. What was happening to Huey since 1975?

Before we've learned about Kojima leaving Konami, i was hoping for DLC with us taking control of Ocelot or Kaz. It would be extremely interesting imo, but now i hope they won't do anything like that. Konami will fuck it up for sure.

Sooo I've been working my way through this to get ready for TPP and so far I've finished 1 and 2, and I'm a bit of the way into 3. However, I'm going on holiday for a week next week which means I won't have access to my PS3 - I have 3 and PW on my Vita, but obviously I won't be able to start 4 after finishing 3 - if I go straight to Peace Walker after 3 and then go back to 4, will it ruin anything? Thanks :)

Embearded

Sooo I've been working my way through this to get ready for TPP and so far I've finished 1 and 2, and I'm a bit of the way into 3. However, I'm going on holiday for a week next week which means I won't have access to my PS3 - I have 3 and PW on my Vita, but obviously I won't be able to start 4 after finishing 3 - if I go straight to Peace Walker after 3 and then go back to 4, will it ruin anything? Thanks :)

I don't think so.
MGS4 doesn't connect immediate with any aspect of PW. You will be fine imo.

Rajang

Yes it will. Always play in order of release.

I don't think so.
MGS4 doesn't connect immediate with any aspect of PW. You will be fine imo.

What?

MGS4 does connect to PW. It directly influenced the story in PW and MGSV by
revealing the true antagonist.

Embearded

What?

MGS4 does connect to PW.

Yes but it does connect more to MGS2 and he already played that.
If he plays PW before MGS4, i don't think he will get spoiled or anything.
Its not like playing MGS2 and then MGS1.

Spoilers about PW and MGS4

they only thing he will know is that Zero is somehow connected to the AI network. Other than that, there isnt anything else.

Rajang

Yes but it does connect more to MGS2 and he already played that.
If he plays PW before MGS4, i don't think he will get spoiled or anything.
Its not like playing MGS2 and then MGS1.

Spoilers about PW and MGS4

they only thing he will know is that Zero is somehow connected to the AI network. Other than that, there isnt anything else.

He will get spoiled if he plays PW before MGS4.

MGS4 is the game that reveals everything about Zero. From how he interprets The Boss' will to him being the true antagonist in the series. In PW the final plot twist revolves around Zero. Jumping from MGS3 to PW will be very jarring. From the goofy Zero in MGS3 to suddenly an evil master mind. MGS4 explains the how and why.

Embearded

He will get spoiled if he plays PW before MGS4.

MGS4 is the game that reveals everything about Zero. From how he interprets The Boss' will to him being the true antagonist in the series. In PW the final plot twist revolves around Zero. Jumping from MGS3 to PW will be very jarring. From the goofy Zero in MGS3 to suddenly an evil master mind. MGS4 explains the how and why.

You might be right. I still think that he wont get spoiled but it's safer for him to play MGS4 first. After all, release is the best way to be played.
Garret Hawke, better play MGS4 first.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Gamestop product description dropped some awesome spoiler bombs. Here's what it says:

The description: The world that the Boss envisioned may finally become a reality, but can its people suffer the destruction such revolution requires? In the wake of MSF's fall, Venom Snake awakens from a nine-year coma to lead The Diamond Dogs, a mercenary outfit directed to find the architect of Mother Base's ruin.
Snake tracks them through wartorn Soviet era Afghanistan, stumbling onto a weapons plot directed by the Cipher Organization. Could the ghosts of The Patriots be creating a weapon so terrible that it could outpace even the dreaded Metal Gear system?

Open World Environment: Play as
Venom Sake (Big Boss)
through massive open-world environments covering terrain from
Cold War Russia to the United States
encountering a cast of characters both familiar and downright strange.

Tactical Stealth at its Finest: As with all games in the series directed by renowned designer Hideo Kojima, players work to infiltrate facilities, avoid enemies, and kill only when absolutely necessary. Metal Gear Solid 5 keeps the espionage tradition alive against the backdrop of stunning visuals and engrossing plotlines.

Realistic Time and Weather: Experience gameplay with weather patterns that evolve in real-time with a game clock that reflects changing hours and days as players progress through the storyline.

Even with all the improvements, many fan favorites, including horseback riding and cardboard boxes, remain in this newest installment of the Metal Gear franchise. Use those tools wisely to uncover dark secrets, tackle copious side quests, and roam freely over a nearly endless strategic environment.

Zambatoh

Eh...I consider MGS4 to be extremely optional. Mainly because
Zero's
involvement and sudden villainy came completely out of nowhere.
At least in Peace Walker and in Phantom Pain, we get a more fleshed story surrounding him.
And if he wanted to, he could play MGS4 after Phantom Pain and get closure on the overarching narrative in general.
Heck the entire game will probably end up making more sense in hindsight after playing Phantom.

NYR94

Gamestop product description dropped some awesome spoiler bombs. Here's what it says:

Horseback riding is a fan favorite? I think the only time you did this in the series was by tapping triangle in some of Peace Walker's interactive cut scenes. That wasn't even actual gameplay.

Venom Fox

Banned
If this is true then I guess we will see
Big Boss returning to the USA and taking command of Foxhound again, as well as the formation of Outer Heaven!
This also means there's a very high chance we will see a young Rookie Solid Snake.

How often are descriptions wrong for games?
Please don't be wrong

TwoDurans

Please don't be wrong

They wouldn't have made this stuff up. It likely came from someone on the retail team at Konami who didn't realize what was/wasn't allowed to go into a briefing.

Left hand, meet right hand.

If this is true then I guess we will see
Big Boss returning to the USA and taking command of Foxhound again, as well as the formation of Outer Heaven!
This also means there's a very high chance we will see a young Rookie Solid Snake.

Please don't be wrong

well the amazon listing for mgs v on amazon says this

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is coming to PS4.

Combining open-world action with a new breed of stealth, take on the rough terrain of Afghanistan and tactical espionage with Solid Snake and a whole host of new characters.

It has digital content.

raven777

think about it logically

Sake = A Drink
Drink = Liquid
Liquid = Eli

PLAYING AS LIQUID CONFIRMED

LMAO I just realized that spelling

anyways, where in gamestop is this description on? I went to MGSV page on gamestop and the description seems different?

plz no unmarked spoilers guys (didn't see any yet, but just making sure.) I'm scared to go to any game site or YouTube with that new Gamestop spoiler. I trust this place is a spoiler-free safe haven... Outer Haven

TwoDurans

Would you betray your own brother?

1271881653359.gif

Alienous

^ lol

Gfs_75881_2_13.jpg
Snake_Fulton_MPW_2.jpg

So I'm just now learning that Portable Ops had the Fulton device too, but it was used differently (for self-extraction). Now wouldn't that be a good idea, Snake?

Big Boss's robot arm is too heavy to allow him to swim. And the shrapnel affected the part of his brain that remembered how to swim. Also you're not even playing as Big Boss, you're playing as some guy with Big Boss' face who doesn't know how to swim. Also the water around mother base is heavily oxygenated like when you fought Vamp in MGS2 so buoyancy is nonexistent.

Big Boss's robot arm is too heavy to allow him to swim. And the shrapnel affected the part of his brain that remembered how to swim. Also you're not even playing as Big Boss, you're playing as some guy with Big Boss' face who doesn't know how to swim. Also the water around mother base is heavily oxygenated like when you fought Vamp in MGS2 so buoyancy is nonexistent.
618.gif

Now that's a Metal Gear explanation

Erban1

^ lol

Gfs_75881_2_13.jpg
Snake_Fulton_MPW_2.jpg

So I'm just now learning that Portable Ops had the Fulton device too, but it was used differently (for self-extraction). Now wouldn't that be a good idea, Snake?

Wasn't the first time we ever saw the Fulton in MGS3? That was how Snake was extracted at the end of the virtuous mission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom