• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Boss's robot arm is too heavy to allow him to swim. And the shrapnel affected the part of his brain that remembered how to swim. Also you're not even playing as Big Boss, you're playing as some guy with Big Boss' face who doesn't know how to swim. Also the water around mother base is heavily oxygenated like when you fought Vamp in MGS2 so buoyancy is nonexistent.
That's convincing.

L33T

Banned
Sweet, Official Playstation Magazine UK (OPM) are giving out lightbar decals in their new issue in hype of MGS V.
CL5921NWgAAoOsr.jpg

BrosephStalin

Neo Member
618.gif

Now that's a Metal Gear explanation

Big Boss's robot arm is too heavy to allow him to swim. And the shrapnel affected the part of his brain that remembered how to swim. Also you're not even playing as Big Boss, you're playing as some guy with Big Boss' face who doesn't know how to swim. Also the water around mother base is heavily oxygenated like when you fought Vamp in MGS2 so buoyancy is nonexistent.

This exchange is why I love this community. Can't wait to dig in to Phantom Pain.
Also, my twist prediction:
You will play a section of the game as Eli

Venom Fox

Banned
They wouldn't have made this stuff up. It likely came from someone on the retail team at Konami who didn't realize what was/wasn't allowed to go into a briefing.

Left hand, meet right hand.
I hope your right, one of the descriptions match the one that's in ASDA (UK Supermarket) which isn't anything to do with GameStop as well so I'd say your right on the money!
well the amazon listing for mgs v on amazon says this

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is coming to PS4.

Combining open-world action with a new breed of stealth, take on the rough terrain of Afghanistan and tactical espionage with Solid Snake and a whole host of new characters.

It has digital content.
Never knew it said that lol, imagine they spoiled Solid Snake. Well saying that, we all knew it was coming.
Team A!

Venom Fox

Banned
Always was team A, always will be!
Why Team A? Did you guys just spoil what amazom/gamestop spoiled?
Team A because of the Amazon spoiler, the GameStop spoiler isn't really a major spoiler, it just outlines two potential new locations, one of them may be already known though because we may have been there before.
I would say the second spoiler on the second paragraph is a bit iffy, but the rest are fine.
I agree, it only locations though, nothing major. Is the hype getting to you guys yet?

Replaying MGS2 I realised that we might not see an adult Solid Snake, but we could see an adult Solidus Snake and a child Raiden.

He says that during the 80s he raised Raiden to become "Jack the Ripper" in Africa.

Slowpoke, yeah.

EDIT: BTW, god damn, Solidus is way underutilized on the MGS saga. It's one of the best characters.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Replaying MGS2 I realised that we might not see an adult Solid Snake, but we could see an adult Solidus Snake and a child Raiden.

He says that during the 80s he raised Raiden to become "Jack the Ripper" in Africa.

Considering he's the youngest LET, I really doubt that. Hopefully we do see child soldier Solidus, whos accelerated aging makes him look like a teenager.

Venom Fox

Banned

Slowpoke, yeah.

EDIT: BTW, god damn, Solidus is way underutilized on the MGS saga. It's one of the best characters.
I honestly don't think we will, as you said, he raised Raiden, not Big Boss.
I think it's more likely we will at least see a young teenage Solid Snake, at the very least when Big Boss rejoins Foxhound as their Commander.
They (Kojipro) may as well fill the gap because, well, you know... It's the last MGS and it's the only real significant gap that we haven't witnessed yet.

When interviewed Kojima was asked if Solid Snake would feature in MGSV, he replied with the biggest, most cheesiest smile, that he didn't want to say because it'd spoil the fans.
Then again, he says it's his final MGS, then proceeds to say that he's not done with Solid Snakes story yet even though, we know there's next to zero chance we will get a sequel to MGS4. So naturally that leaves us to come to the conclusion that SS will be in MGSV.
That was more than enough to make me apart of Team A (Hayter will be Solid Snake)

Considering he's the youngest LET, I really doubt that. Hopefully we do see child soldier Solidus, whos accelerated aging makes him look like a teenager.
Solidus wasn't apart of LET was he? I'm pretty sure LET was just Solid and Liquid I.E. The Twin Snakes.
Solidus was a separate experiment, if I'm remembering correctly that is.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
this is a non-issue, the levels have obviously been designed around the fact that you can't swim. Saying "but but but he should be able to swim he's done it before!" is ignoring all the level design + new abilities that have been added based on the levels that we're getting.

Late on this, but wholly agree. We're not going to need to swim, so who gives a fuck?

Embearded

Would you betray your own brother?

Yes and i am expecting you to do the same! It will be pretty fun!
But seriously, if you feel like you don't want intruders, or at least you want to minimize that part of the game, tell me and i wont.
But it would be fun to keep score here in OuterGaf and announce a winner every week! ;)

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Solidus wasn't apart of LET was he? I'm pretty sure LET was just Solid and Liquid I.E. The Twin Snakes.
Solidus was a separate experiment, if I'm remembering correctly that is.

All clones of Big Boss are LET. The project was abandoned until 1976 according to Ground Zeroes so he has 3 years to be born discarding 1972 for obvious reasons.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Could the name Venom Sake explain why Big Boss was in a coma for so long? Perhaps he, Miller, and Null went on a raging bender and he ended up passing out for 9 years. When he woke up he was a legend in the eyes of all who drink sake.

Shy

Quick question for those who got TPP through the nvidia deal, apart from GZ do you get all of the pre-order goodies. ?
Cause i'm thinking of getting a cheap code of ebay.

Hey MGSGAF, quick question: I'm a pretty big MGS fan and have played MGS 1-4 several times, but I never got around to playing Portable Ops and, more importantly, Peace Walker.

I have MGS HD Collection for PS3 and am thinking of trying to play Peace Walker HD before MGS V comes out since MGS V's story relies a lot on having played Peace Walker. That said, I don't have a lot of free gaming time these days, so I'm wondering... is it possible to rush through Peace Walker focusing only on the core story content, or is the game designed such that you have to really dig into the Mother Base/Fulton Recovery stuff to get through the game?

I literally just want to run through the story and do nothing else. Is that easy to do in Peace Walker, or would I be better off just watching a Let's Play?

You can rush through the story but if you want the true ending you have to do a LOT of side stuff/mother base stuff. I just watched the real ending on YouTube LOLZ.

Dawg

Hey MGSGAF, quick question: I'm a pretty big MGS fan and have played MGS 1-4 several times, but I never got around to playing Portable Ops and, more importantly, Peace Walker.

I have MGS HD Collection for PS3 and am thinking of trying to play Peace Walker HD before MGS V comes out since MGS V's story relies a lot on having played Peace Walker. That said, I don't have a lot of free gaming time these days, so I'm wondering... is it possible to rush through Peace Walker focusing only on the core story content, or is the game designed such that you have to really dig into the Mother Base/Fulton Recovery stuff to get through the game?

I literally just want to run through the story and do nothing else. Is that easy to do in Peace Walker, or would I be better off just watching a Let's Play?

It's not too hard... you might want to co-op the vehicle bosses, though. They're so annoying. Well, some of them are.

You can rush through the story but if you want the true ending you have to do a LOT of side stuff/mother base stuff. I just watched the real ending on YouTube LOLZ.

It's not too hard... you might want to co-op the vehicle bosses, though. They're so annoying. Well, some of them are.

All right cool, thanks! I'll try to play it myself and just watch the true ending on YouTube, I don't have time to jump through hoops to earn it. :p

pahamrick

Quick question for those who got TPP through the nvidia deal, apart from GZ do you get all of the pre-order goodies. ?
Cause i'm thinking of getting a cheap code of ebay.
There's no official confirmation but it's looking likely that nvidia copies will get the pre-order dlc.

The nvidia copy sub Id has all the same appids as the steam copies except gz.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

even really digging into mother base I can't imagine it'd take more than 5 days of playing to get the true ending

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom