• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBear

Do we know what stuff from GZ will carry over into MGSV if anything?
I have completed all the missions but I'm only at 31% complete

FiraB

Banned
Do we know what stuff from GZ will carry over into MGSV if anything?
I have completed all the missions but I'm only at 31% complete
All unique characters from GZ if you've acquired them via helicopter and some of the PoWs you rescue (unknown which ones).
Sneaking suit.
Something unique with Camp Omega.

At least thats what weve known at last reference of save transfer info.

NYR94

Just noticed that DD snarls at guards when you interrogate them.

HJZjq5O.jpg

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
After replaying MGS1 VR Missions, I have come to the conclusion that:

- The average MGS1 vr mission is harder than the average MGS2 vr mission
-but-
- The hardest MGS2 vr missions are harder than the hardest MGS1 vr missions

even really digging into mother base I can't imagine it'd take more than 5 days of playing to get the true ending

You can rush through the story but if you want the true ending you have to do a LOT of side stuff/mother base stuff. I just watched the real ending on YouTube LOLZ.

It took me five days. I just finished the final chapter of Peace Walker. I know there's another final secret bit that may factor into MGSV
With Kaz on the phone with "dearest Zero".
But really I can't imagine going back in and doing anything aside from scant trophies.

I started my replay last month At about July 17th. Each of the numbered entries taking about 2-3 days each, taking breaks to play other titles sporadically. There was talk about MGS fatigue if you were to partake in a series replay. I don't have Metal Gear fatigue so much as Peace Walker fatigue. It's certainly a game meant to be played on a handheld on a subway to and from work. Kojima was wise to include it to provide background for Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain. Having ignored the mobile side of the series, I remembered being completely confused by Chico and Paz's importance. At least with the finale I can see why Kaz hates her so damned much, or maybe I don't, all things considered. :^)

Last thing I gotta do is 100% Ground Zeroes and then I'll be ready to rock. Already building a playlist for the Helicopter on Spotify, THIS IS MORPHO. I can only hope Phantom Pain includes a Blues Brothers style recruitment of Morpho after he's given up flying choppers to open up a box factory or something.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Is the game even gold, guys? I'm terribly out of touch and out of date with MGS news out of fear I'm going to be spoiled.

Loakum

Banned
Is the game even gold, guys? I'm terribly out of touch and out of date with MGS news out of fear I'm going to be spoiled.

No. I haven't seen any announcement of it going gold. However I would imagine sometime next week will be more than likely. We're just mere days from release (24). The instant it is announced it's gone gold, that would be the ideal time to go to black.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
No. I haven't seen any announcement of it going gold. However I would imagine sometime next week will be more than likely. We're just mere days from release (24). The instant it is announced it's gone gold, that would be the ideal time to go to black.

Yeah, threads like the Gamestop having locations info one are damn scary.

Dug

Banned
Can't you pre-load it on Xbox One? I would assume that means it has gone gold.

The knowledge of a game going gold isn't always made known to the general public. Most of the time they are, because they are free publicity, but not always either.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
I'm not feeling skullface's voice actor. Like at all. He sounds abhorrent. I truly hope we don't hear much of him, and that he has minimal presence in the game. Absolutely bad voice acting.

I'm not feeling skullface's voice actor. Like at all. He sounds abhorrent. I truly hope we don't hear much of him, and that he has minimal presence in the game. Absolutely bad voice acting.

I actually really like a lot of his lines in the latest E3 trailer.
Both in terms of acting and writing.
He sounds quite good to me. Well, given the fact that we haven't heard much more from
him, but GZ tapes.

Rajang

Anyone know when is the best time to play Peace Walker online co-op? There's less than 200 people playing globally atm.

I usually play whenever, never had to wait long for randoms to show up. But we can do some co-op if you want, what do you need help with?

Finally got 100% on GZ. My PS4 is ready.

b4yatfsciaapkfxpnof7.jpg

Skullface's voice actor said that he doesn't have that many lines in TPP.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Thank god.
Everyone else is on point though. Kiefer is great particularly, and the guy voicing Zero is top notch, he is still the best thing about the E3 2015 trailer.

Thank god.
Everyone else is on point though. Kiefer is great particularly, and the guy voicing Zero is top notch, he is still the best thing about the E3 2015 trailer.

That hits the nail. I really hope we have a lot of Zero. At least tapes and such. But in the trailer he was incredible.

Loakum

Banned
The knowledge of a game going gold isn't always made known to the general public. Most of the time they are, because they are free publicity, but not always either.

True, but this is Kojima we're talking about. The man tweets practically everything on twitter these days....especially when it comes to The Phantom Pain. I believe if it had gone gold, all his twitter followers (and beyond) would know about it.

e8N5ahKl.jpg

raven777

Ok I started Peace Walker HD since yesterday. Currently I am at the beginning of chapter 2.

-The visuals are bad for PS3 but impressive for a HD version of PSP title. Big Boss model looks great.
-Short area structure is a bit disappointing..most maps seems too small. I don't remember MGS2 and 3 being this small but maybe I am wrong. Probably psp limitation.
-Short missions structure is also a bit weird. Sometime it breaks the rhythm of the play, especially before the boss battle where it says to be continued at the next mission. But it's really convenient to get all the supplies back before each missions.
-the management side is really fun. I like recruiting soldiers, developing weapons and sending soldiers to the battle.
-the boss battles so far were annoying. The boss has too much HP so without supply drop it was difficult to beat them.
-I was worried about the regular cutscenes being replaced by comic book style. But it was surprisingly well done.

Overall I am enjoying the game. It doesn't have the same kind of feeling that all the other mainline games had, but it's still really fun experience so far.

tensuke

TPP on PS3 being torrented now. Time to go, y'all.

Nvm fake lol thank God

oh my god i just died and came back to life. that would be so terrible to have it leak this far from release. i'd have to go into the woods
in alaska
and build a cabin to live in for the next month.

Ok I started Peace Walker HD since yesterday. Currently I am at the beginning of chapter 2.

-The visuals are bad for PS3 but impressive for a HD version of PSP title. Big Boss model looks great.
-Short area structure is a bit disappointing..most maps seems too small. I don't remember MGS2 and 3 being this small but maybe I am wrong. Probably psp limitation.
-Short missions structure is also a bit weird. Sometime it breaks the rhythm of the play, especially before the boss battle where it says to be continued at the next mission. But it's really convenient to get all the supplies back before each missions.
-the management side is really fun. I like recruiting soldiers, developing weapons and sending soldiers to the battle.
-the boss battles so far were annoying. The boss has too much HP so without supply drop it was difficult to beat them.
-I was worried about the regular cutscenes being replaced by comic book style. But it was surprisingly well done.

Overall I am enjoying the game. It doesn't have the same kind of feeling that all the other mainline games had, but it's still really fun experience so far.

I played it thru on PSP so some of these things were not of any concern. But I still think it's the most visually impressive PSP title to date.
And the only real downside I would call terrific boss health. I remember farming Chrystallis parts to finish my ZEKE and OMG I remember spending around 25minutes each time with upgraded weapons and all...
And my first kill of it ever took me like 45 minutes.
But every other thing was just perfect.

Gun Animal

I usually play whenever, never had to wait long for randoms to show up. But we can do some co-op if you want, what do you need help with?

b4yatfsciaapkfxpnof7.jpg

Skullface's voice actor said that he doesn't have that many lines in TPP.

It's cool, I was able to get a few missions knocked out. All that's left is the last Gear Rex mission, and I'll knock that out tomorrow.

True, but this is Kojima we're talking about. The man tweets practically everything on twitter these days....especially when it comes to The Phantom Pain. I believe if it had gone gold, all his twitter followers (and beyond) would know about it.

2PdAcxpl.jpg

This would work better and be funnier if it read as

STRAIGHT
-OUTTA-
HEAVEN

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Hi metal gear gaf!

I've been replaying the series to prepare for V and wanted to get a metal gear t shirt. At the moment I'm leaning towards a foxhound logo or peacewalker logo. Any better suggestions? Needs uk delivery.

I used to agree from the first lines he has in GZ, but nowadays I don't hear it as being bad. I actually quite like the performance now, especially after hearing GZ's tapes. I don't think it really sounds poorly acted, but the somewhat stilted style of speech seems intentional to tie into his character. I understand why some people would find it lacking though.

That hits the nail. I really hope we have a lot of Zero. At least tapes and such. But in the trailer he was incredible.

I can see where some complaints for Skullface have come from, but I fins it odd that there actually are some people who find Zero's new VA to be badly cast or something. Not many people have voiced that opinion but some people have, and it seems more bred from disappointment that he is not played by Jim Piddock than anything else.

I agree with you that Zero sounds pretty darn good, and I too hope we get a lot more of him. I was thinking yesterday, that if we instead of simply having a confrontation between Zero and BB, where Zero is clearly just as bad as he gets, and BB is just a little bit better than he ends up, it would be much cooler for both to be still somewhat like their Snake Eater selves before they meet each other.

So when Zero meets BB in TPP for the first time, there is clearly an air of danger and animosity, but what if Zero was not yet as crazy as he clearly becomes, and just as this game shows how BB becomes a "demon", the events of the game could also make clear how Zero became so extreme as well. Clearly he is heading in his ultimate path even by the time of GZ, but I think it would be interesting for him to actually be unsure if the "intelligence without borders" and other such early SOP like systems of control are really a good idea, and maybe he could be seeking a second perspective BB could provide in a partnership.

Of course, everything would eventually go to shit, so Zero would lose Big Boss' trust (probably the revelation of LET), and as a result of an attack on Zero from BB, Zero would lose trust in BB, thus showing the break of their relationship that finally dooms the world to live in their shadow until MGS4. Showing BB and Zero to both be villains who started with good intentions would be good, I think showing them both in their lesser extreme forms, then showing the actual transformation into that extremity would be pretty interesting.

Though how this would all fit into BB supposedly rejoining Foxhound and secretly running Outer Heaven has always been shrouded in mystery. Why would Zero let BB come back under his circle of influence after the big falling out? What would he trust him? I guess Zero may have just been naive and thought BB really changed his perspective, but explaining this particular event would be good IMO. Otherwise we are still left with the weird feeling from MGS4, when it just came off as strange that Zero would ever trust BB, so it seemed kind of implausible that BB could ever run Outer Heaven secretly behind his back.

Maybe Outer Heaven is founded on the pretense of giving in to what Zero wanted from BB at the end of Peace Walker? I bet we'll see soon enough, can't wait.

Finally got 100% on GZ. My PS4 is ready.

I've been trying to finish it up, any tips as to what I need to accomplish (what specific trials), maybe some routes for S ranks (I've been struggling with an attempt at a perfect GZ mission hard mode run.

Gun Animal

Hi metal gear gaf!

I've been replaying the series to prepare for V and wanted to get a metal gear t shirt. At the moment I'm leaning towards a foxhound logo or peacewalker logo. Any better suggestions? Needs uk delivery.
Try to get one of the Japan-only Uniqlo shirts on Ebay or Amazon, those are the awesome shirts and aren't tacky like most VG shirts. The Japan only Puma line also looks good, and there's also the InsertCoin 1984 collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom