• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

grimmiq

Sorry to ask again so soon, but what do you guys mean by spoiler ban.?

No plot details in this thread. Usually there will be an official spoiler thread for big games. I think that includes marked spoilers so people don't do something like "I'm confused, Paz was 16 at the start of Peace Walker then
In MGSV she goes Super Saiyan and nukes the world with her ki blasts
. Seems to be a spoiler for a 5 year old game so people click, ends up being for the new one.

Shy

No plot details in this thread. Usually there will be an official spoiler thread for big games. I think that includes marked spoilers so people don't do something like "I'm confused, Paz was 16 at the start of Peace Walker then
In MGSV she goes Super Saiyan and nukes the world with her ki blasts
. Seems to be a spoiler for a 5 year old game so people click, ends up being for the new one.
what about if they just keep the talk fully labelled and tagged to TPP. ?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Interesting. So the non Tomokazu Metal Gear's are the ones with the shittiest stories?

That would explain a lot. Murata was the writer/director of the Guy Savage dream minigame in MGS3 (whatever the fuck being writer/director of that means).

Although he did direct the Guy Savage minigame, I'm pretty sure he's credited as one of the three main writers on MGS3 during the end credits.

It'd give the infographic more weight if it hadn't simply ignored Murata's contributions (even for 4 and PW), neglected to mention that Kojima was a lead designer on Ghost Babel, or ignored the fact that Fukashima wasn't involved with writing MG2.

Here's a list I found..not sure how accurate it is though.

Ground Zeroes:
- Escaped Prisoner (Refugee Camp)
- Chico (Prison Camp)
- Paz (Boiler Room)
- Four Prisoners (Prison Camp)

Eliminate the Renegade Threat:
- Glaz (Various locations)
- Palitz (Various locations)
- Two Prisoners (Prison Camp)

Intel Operative Rescue:
- Hideo Kojima (Complete the Mission)

Classified Intel Aquisition:
- Agent (Your contact, various locations)
- Baldy (Holder of the actual tape, various locations)
- Three Prisoners (Prison Camp)

Destroy the Anti-Air Emplacements:
- Captured MSF Soldier (Boiler Room)
So is this confirmed as an accurate list?

In regards to BB/Zero in PW, it was pretty clearly hinted by the exchange between BB and Kaz that BB keeps the short part of his life as a Patriot a personal secret and has probably disowned it entirely.

squadr0n

So pretty sure after that last trailer I have a decent idea of what is going to happen to Diamond Dogs at some point. Spoilers follow for theory:

pretty sure at some point the soldiers are going to get out of hand while Snake is away. They start by getting into fights, then rapeing and tourtureing Queit and Huey for no reason which cause Snake to break down. Later on there's going to be a moment where Snake is going to have to order an artillery strike danger close while on a mission which probably ends up killing a lot of his people inadvertently.

Someone posted here that the nightmare minigame in MGSV will be P.T.
He's wrong. It will be a Silent Hill Pachinko.

So pretty sure after that last trailer I have a decent idea of what is going to happen to Diamond Dogs at some point. Spoilers follow for theory:

pretty sure at some point the soldiers are going to get out of hand while Snake is away. They start by getting into fights, then rapeing and tourtureing Queit and Huey for no reason which cause Snake to break down. Later on there's going to be a moment where Snake is going to have to order an artillery strike danger close while on a mission which probably ends up killing a lot of his people inadvertently.

I think that:

Huey is tortured by the order of Big Boss who became paranoid. Huey invited the inspection which ended in destroying Mother Base.

Alienous

I have a theory about who actually betrayed Mother Base.

(Peace Walker spoilers, The Phantom Pain speculation)
Kaz. Dun-dun-duuuuuun. And the phone-call at the end of Peace Walker could take place after the events of Ground Zeroes. Maybe he was working with Cipher (like we know he was in Peace Walker) up until some point of betrayal during Big Boss' coma that leaves him wounded. And things like torturing Huey are acts to disguise the fact that it was actually Kaz who played everyone like a damn fiddle.

I have a theory about who actually betrayed Mother Base.

(Peace Walker spoilers, The Phantom Pain speculation)
Kaz. Dun-dun-duuuuuun. And the phone-call at the end of Peace Walker could take place after the events of Ground Zeroes. Maybe he was working with Cipher (like we know he was in Peace Walker) up until some point of betrayal during Big Boss' coma that leaves him wounded. And things like torturing Huey are acts to disguise the fact that it was actually Kaz who played everyone like a damn fiddle.

You mean that Kaz was planning to be rescued by Big Boss from destroyed MB? Wasn't it too much of a risk?

Can I change teams? I'm Team E now, and I'm saying that P.T. will be playabe as a "nightmare" scenario, like Guy Savage in MGS3. And Solid Snake might or might not be in the game. Team E doesn't care.

Unless someone else already came up with this nonsense.

"Kaz, I'm already a Boondock Saint."

Loakum

Banned
The Man Who Sold the World
Song by David Bowie

We passed upon the stairs
Spoken was and when
Although I wasn't there
He said I was his friend
Which came as a surprise
I spoke into his eyes
I thought you died alone
A long long time ago
Oh no, not me
We never lost control
You're face to face
With the man who sold the world
I laughed and shook his hand
And made my way back home
I searched for farming land
Years and years I roamed
I gazed a gazer stare
We marked a million hills
I must have died alone
A long long time ago
Who knows?
Not me
I never lost control
You're face, to face
Who knows?
Not me
We never lost control
You're face, to face

J4g3r

I have the Collector's Edition preordered from GAME (UK) but this is the first time I've used their online service. Has anyone had any trouble with getting games on the day of release from them?

I'm already considering buying the game digitally on PSN on top of this so I can play it the moment it comes out...

Here's a list I found..not sure how accurate it is though.

Ground Zeroes:
- Escaped Prisoner (Refugee Camp)
- Chico (Prison Camp)
- Paz (Boiler Room)
- Four Prisoners (Prison Camp)

Eliminate the Renegade Threat:
- Glaz (Various locations)
- Palitz (Various locations)
- Two Prisoners (Prison Camp)

Intel Operative Rescue:
- Hideo Kojima (Complete the Mission)

Classified Intel Aquisition:
- Agent (Your contact, various locations)
- Baldy (Holder of the actual tape, various locations)

Destroy the Anti-Air Emplacements:
- Captured MSF Soldier (Boiler Room)

Thanks for this, think all I have left to do is to
extract Baldy and the Agent from Classified Intel Acquisition.

Shy

Here's my theory of who betrayed MSF and lead to the destruction of motherbase, ya ready. ? ............ no one, skullface saw an opportunity to take advantage of Huey's naivety, and took it.

Everything else is a red herring.

CKuK_WlXAAA2GiU.jpg:large

CMCY08dUkAQGZKD.jpg:large

CMCbQLzXAAA7bH1.jpg:large

Hey guys! Please accept me into your community, I'm a HUGE Metal Gear Solid Fan - probably my favourite video game series of all time, and one I always go back to. Extremely excited for MGSV, and am looking forward to hyping with you all!

First question - I'm looking for the best overall story recap to get me ready to re-play GZ then go onto MGSV - I know the story fairly well, but as much as I love the series and want to understand everything in detail, It's undeniably convoluted and impossible to keep all the details in my long term memory :')

I'll be playing MGO from the middle of September, and would love to find some people to play with by the way :D

Hey guys! Please accept me into your community, I'm a HUGE Metal Gear Solid Fan - probably my favourite video game series of all time, and one I always go back to. Extremely excited for MGSV, and am looking forward to hyping with you all!

First question - I'm looking for the best overall story recap to get me ready to re-play GZ then go onto MGSV - I know the story fairly well, but as much as I love the series and want to understand everything in detail, It's undeniably convoluted and impossible to keep all the details in my long term memory :')

I'll be playing MGO from the middle of September, and would love to find some people to play with by the way :D

Welcome, Brother!

Nobody is going to play MGO in September, sorry.

Vally

Welcome!

MGO has been delayed until October (January 2016 on PC) but the Forward Operating Base multiplayer will be available from day one. If you quote the first post in this thread you'll see a link to a Google document with all our info, in case you want to add people or something :)

Gun Animal

I'm sure he means FOB.

Welcome to OuterGAF, Saladinoo! Your post reads so eagerly that I'm quite tempted to avatar quote you, but I"ll resist that urge.

Welcome brother!

Which Team are you in?
Who is your MGS waifu?
Why Big Boss can't swim?

If you quote this post you'll se a link to our TPP playlist below,
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qOUx4ByA_5mzA774EkarrGJyC2bSKBVC0a0oZEVByrg/edit#gid=0
so you can add songs to it.
And I will update the YT playlist.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Welcome!

MGO has been delayed until October (January 2016 on PC) but the Forward Operating Base multiplayer will be available from day one. If you quote the first post in this thread you'll see a link to a Google document with all our info, in case you want to add people or something :)

whu whu whuuuuu???? :'( First Konami ID, now this. Was this announced at gamescom? I haven't caught up with any GC stuff yet - need to do that today.

Remind me what FOB is again - checking out other people's mother bases right?

I have added my details to the google document actually, my PSN is Putyouinmyoveeen (with three e's), I'll try and add a few of you now, in preparation :DDDD

EDIT: Team A - I'll be an optimist for once.

Welcome! Good to have another new member.

Any links to WTF this team stuff is about?

The first post explains it.

#TEAMS

Will David Hayter appear in MGSV? Choose your team!

#TeamA: David Hayter will voice Solid Snake
#TeamB: No David Hayter, but Solid Snake will appear
#TeamC: No David Hayter, no Solid Snake
#TeamD: Big Boss = Gray Fox. COINCIDENCE?

grimmiq

whu whu whuuuuu???? :'( First Konami ID, now this. Was this announced at gamescom? I haven't caught up with any GC stuff yet - need to do that today.

I have added my details to the google document actually, my PSN is Putyouinmyoveeen (with three e's), I'll try and add a few of you now, in preparation :DDDD

Along with your Mother Base, you can build I think 3 FOBs (Forward Operating Base), these can be attacked by other players and defended by you or allies.

VulpX

EDIT: Team A - I'll be an optimist for once.
Watch the GC stuff, and you'll know as much as any of us. And be prepared to have your hype soar to unknown heights.

squadr0n

Question after watching the latest Metal Gear Scanlon and getting the giant info dump from Big Mama. She mentions that after MGS3 Big Boss joins up with Zero and forms the Patriots and they work together for awhile. Is he still working with them during Peace Walker or is that after he left? because isnt Cypher just the Patriots?

Also when does Big Boss become Snake's Commanding officer lol

Demoskinos

Question after watching the latest Metal Gear Scanlon and getting the giant info dump from Big Mama. She mentions that after MGS3 Big Boss joins up with Zero and forms the Patriots and they work together for awhile. Is he still working with them during Peace Walker or is that after he left? because isnt Cypher just the Patriots?

I'm pretty sure Cyper is what would become the patriots

grimmiq

My understanding is
that they form The Patriots after the events of Portable Ops and Big Boss leaves before Peace Walker. I can't remember if Big Boss specifically mentions Zero and Cipher in Peace Walker, but from memory they called themselves Cipher simply so Big Boss doesn't just go "Oh, so Zero's behind all this shit!"

My understanding is
that they form The Patriots after the events of Portable Ops and Big Boss leaves before Peace Walker. I can't remember if Big Boss specifically mentions Zero and Cipher in Peace Walker, but from memory they called themselves Cipher simply so Big Boss doesn't just go "Oh, so Zero's behind all this shit!"

Big Boss
did at the end. He didn't directly imply it, but he said that Cipher's meaning could also be read as "Zero", which means he knows it's Zero that's behind it.

Yen

Trying to tranq the two renegade threats in GZ is bloody difficult!

If you quote this post you'll se a link to our TPP playlist below,
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qOUx4ByA_5mzA774EkarrGJyC2bSKBVC0a0oZEVByrg/edit#gid=0
so you can add songs to it.
And I will update the YT playlist.
I might add some later. One suggestion is Cocteau Twins - Heaven or Las Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom