• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

rNilla

Hi Metal Gear GAF! I revisited MGS4 for the first time since its release and was surprised at how well it held up for me. Even technically it still looks great. I did a no kill / no alert run which is something I've never tried before in these games.

I know many fans feel otherwise but 4 is definitely my favorite. I'm looking forward to finally checking out Ground Zeroes as I await Phantom Pain.

Hi Metal Gear GAF! I revisited MGS4 for the first time since its release and was surprised at how well it held up for me. Even technically it still looks great. I did a no kill / no alert run which is something I've never tried before in these games.

I know many fans feel otherwise but 4 is definitely my favorite. I'm looking forward to finally checking out Ground Zeroes as I await Phantom Pain.

Welcome brother!

MGS4 is an awesome game. Only ignorant people think otherwise.

Venom Fox

Banned
Im here now :) i hope everyone had a good weekend.
Hey Brau, I'm back too. I had a good weekend, hope you did too.
I was just getting my man cave together in time for MGSV!

MGS4 is and always will be a solid ;) game! A bit shaky in places but holds up as an amazing MGS game.

Jimmydg

Guys! Maybe some Reviews are done yet!

Álvaro Alonso from HobbyConsolas said a weeks ago this about MGSV:
I just received news that helps me to better carry the hype

I can't find know that twitt, maybe he deleted it. But 30 minutes ago said:

thump_9437254aaa.png

In the end to the most complicated and important analysis that I have done to date. And what good feel.

Guys! Maybe some Reviews are done yet!

Álvaro Alonso from HobbyConsolas said a weeks ago this about MGSV:
I can't find know that twitt, maybe he deleted it. But 30 minutes ago said:

thump_9437254aaa.png

I'm sure they are, but the way it works these days, video leaks of the game will probably be out before any reviews.

I got the impression the recent bootcamps were for reviewing the game, if so they only have a fixed amount of time available.

I don't think Konami let them have their final thoughts already.
IIRC more journalists were invited to play MGS V in may and they said that
when someone reached a set point in a game (say story to 40%) Konami asked them to stop their progress.

I don't think Konami let them have their final thoughts already.
IIRC more journalists were invited to play MGS V in may and they said that
when someone reached a set point in a game (say story to 40%) Konami asked them to stop their progress.

This was starting in late July, there's a thread about it somewhere. Famitsu guys finished it at least

brau

Thanks Brau! Pretty good weekend over on my end! This trip I'm taking is making the clock go by so much faster until release!

Where you at Neko? i feel like you might have mentioned it to me, but i totally don't remember. Gome.

I went back to New Orleans. Now I just hope I have $$$ when MGSV comes out. D:

Did you eat some good cajun food? that sounds good right now. You better have money fro TPP dude... or this will be an even bigger flop than the Father Giascome fiasco.

Hey Brau, I'm back too. I had a good weekend, hope you did too.
I was just getting my man cave together in time for MGSV!

MGS4 is and always will be a solid ;) game! A bit shaky in places but holds up as an amazing MGS game.

Man cave eh... post pictures.... i don't have a fancy setup.. all my stuff is in the living room... its nice tho... but it must be nice to have a space for all your nick nacks and what not. I am totally hyped for TPP. I will be sending my physical copy to my brother, so we can play online.

Your username sucks!

image.php

Error1355

MGS2 was actually supposed to have sharks according to the original game design document.

No lie.

http://junkerhq.net/MGS2gameplan.pdf

MAN! I remember when MGS:TUS started to host that. It was fantastic to read through it. I wish we'd get a Document of MGS3/4/Peace Walker/5. I can't believe how interesting that disc was.

Hey guys! Please accept me into your community, I'm a HUGE Metal Gear Solid Fan - probably my favourite video game series of all time, and one I always go back to. Extremely excited for MGSV, and am looking forward to hyping with you all!

First question - I'm looking for the best overall story recap to get me ready to re-play GZ then go onto MGSV - I know the story fairly well, but as much as I love the series and want to understand everything in detail, It's undeniably convoluted and impossible to keep all the details in my long term memory :')

I'll be playing MGO from the middle of September, and would love to find some people to play with by the way :D

Welcome! :D

Error1355

I love all this pre-MGSV hype on this site. It's almost like a MGS fansite with how many threads are being made on the main gaming board.

I need this game rite now plox.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
I love all this pre-MGSV hype on this site. It's almost like a MGS fansite with how many threads are being made on the main gaming board.

I need this game rite now plox.

Biggest game of the year. There's going to be more and more over the next 21 days!

Cathcart

I played a ton of GZ this weekend, finishing the main mission on normal and hard and then doing each of the other ops on normal. I had played up to extracting Chico earlier this year and then put it down because I hadn't played PW and had no idea what was going on so I decided to wait and ended up doing a full series marathon starting with MG.

Now I am crazy psyched for V, GZ is goddamn fantastic. I don't know how the rest of you did it. If I had played through GZ when it came out and had to wait this long I would have gone crazy. Actually, maybe that explains this thread :p

So I've been avoiding previews but there was one tiny feature I was really hoping they'd add for TPP so I figured I'd ask if anyone knows. In GZ if I interrogate someone and they give me the location of an item the checkmark stays on the map even after I've found that item. Any chance in TPP the checkmark will go away or change color after you've picked the item up?

Also, just an observation but playing PW last week it became clear to me that Mother Base is actually Konami HQ. "Well, bud, it turns out you were terrible at guarding those secret documents. But don't worry, we've got a spot for you in the cafeteria. See you back at base! *yoink*"

brau

I played a ton of GZ this weekend, finishing the main mission on normal and hard and then doing each of the other ops on normal. I had played up to extracting Chico earlier this year and then put it down because I hadn't played PW and had no idea what was going on so I decided to wait and ended up doing a full series marathon starting with MG.

Now I am crazy psyched for V, GZ is goddamn fantastic. I don't know how the rest of you did it. If I had played through GZ when it came out and had to wait this long I would have gone crazy. Actually, maybe that explains this thread :p

So I've been avoiding previews but there was one tiny feature I was really hoping they'd add for TPP so I figured I'd ask if anyone knows. In GZ if I interrogate someone and they give me the location of an item the checkmark stays on the map even after I've found that item. Any chance in TPP the checkmark will go away or change color after you've picked the item up?

Also, just an observation but playing PW last week it became clear to me that Mother Base is actually Konami HQ. "Well, bud, it turns out you were terrible at guarding those secret documents. But don't worry, we've got a spot for you in the cafeteria. See you back at base! *yoink*"

Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, i can feel the hype in my heart... and my arm... even my fingers. The time i have lost posting in gaf.... the comrandes i've lost to bans..... won't stop hurting.... it's like they are all still there. You feel it too, don't you? I'm gonna make them release TPP!

tariniel

I just started playing GZ for the first time and was stunned at Snake's voice. I didn't even know it was Snake talking to Miller in the opening cutscenes at first. I'm sure you have all talked about this to death and I'm late to the party, but it's very jarring. Hopefully it gets better or I get more used to it.

GZ looks fucking amazing though on PC and so far it runs great. I'm very impressed with it, and am even more optimistic that Phantom Pain will run well on my machine.

Cathcart

Yeah idk I watched all of 24 back in the day so I'm pretty happy with Keifer. Would have preferred Hayter but if it had to be someone else I'm glad we got Bauer Snake.

On my business card I am Team C. In my mind I am Team B. But in my heart I am Team A.

Error1355

Maybe I'm in the minority but I am super glad it's not Hayter voicing Big Boss. His voice acting has got worse and worse in every game, hitting his peak at MGS2. He just can't get the Snake voice anymore. >_>

I mean I'd be glad to see it end up like Team A, but if Hayter doesn't show up at all I'm not upset.

Holdfing

My country's distributor just got back to me, they said the physical PC version is for sure coming on Sept 1. What a lovely day!

tariniel

Maybe I'm in the minority but I am super glad it's not Hayter voicing Big Boss. His voice acting has got worse and worse in every game, hitting his peak at MGS2. He just can't get the Snake voice anymore. >_>

I mean I'd be glad to see it end up like Team A, but if Hayter doesn't show up at all I'm not upset.

I don't necessarily disagree, I think his voice in Peace Walker was by far the weakest I've heard him, but it's just such a massive and jarring change for me. It's probably only so jarring because I've been on a 'replay all the games' mission since a few months ago, where I've replayed every MGS and have heard so much Hayter. If I had played GZ without replaying all of the previous, I don't know that it would have surprised me as much.

brau

I don't necessarily disagree, I think his voice in Peace Walker was by far the weakest I've heard him, but it's just such a massive and jarring change for me. It's probably only so jarring because I've been on a 'replay all the games' mission since a few months ago, where I've replayed every MGS and have heard so much Hayter. If I had played GZ without replaying all of the previous, I don't know that it would have surprised me as much.

I just like that Keifer can deliver his lines with a lot more intention than Hayter. A lot more emotion too. From the cutscenes i have seen its really good. Apart from the blunders of "Shesurfife... or Ocellit" lol.

Still looking forward to his work on TPP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom