• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

brau

Because they went deep.

HoWn7CF.gif

LOLOLOL.

metal-gear-solid-ground-zeroes-theories-02.jpg

V has come too.

Any chance I can get added as well? I dunno what it signifies other than rainbows, burgers, motorcycles, Big Boss and OuterGAF are awesome, but I know I want in!

I also finally got off my ass and added myself to the contact spreadsheet as well. I'll be playing PC primarily, but I'll be down to to FOBs and MGO3 on PS4, until MGO3 is live on PC.

-Deimos

I can't remember what we settled on...does Team B only count an actual visual appearance with dialogue or can it be any quick shot/clip/voiceover/cameo of SS?

And man, even people who aren't playing on PC are getting it before me haha. At this rate I'll be the last one to pick it up.

Shy

I can't remember what we settled on...does Team B only count an actual visual appearance with dialogue or can it be any quick shot/clip/voiceover/cameo of SS?
Good question, i never thought about it like that.
And man, even people who aren't playing on PC are getting it before me haha. At this rate I'll be the last one to pick it up.
Don't worry, it's not a race. You'll always be our brother.

brau

Any chance I can get added as well? I dunno what it signifies other than rainbows, burgers, motorcycles, Big Boss and OuterGAF are awesome, but I know I want in!

Done.

I guess i'll explain the img. lol.

In MGS1... Snake drives off with Otacon on the back of his snowmobile... Before they take off, this exchange happens almost at the very end.

Otacon: So where are you going. Dave?

Snake: hmmm... I think it's time for me to look for a new path in life.

Otacon: A new path?

Snake: A new purpose.

Otacon: Will you find it?

Snake: I'll find it.... I know i'll find it.

They ride off into the sunrise.

So since its Kojimas last game... i thought it was appropriate. Roles have change... and Kojima is looking for a new purpose. Big Boss... is just happy to be there with Kojima. To drive off into a new beginning.

*sniff.

i7 boards are now recommended? In a Japanese game? waaa gotta be careful when I build my PC.

So PC version= konami cant shut down online functions next year when they decide to destroy kojima and/or shut down the whole game division right?

I want to preorder on steam for ground zero but probably wont be able to play till next year. Foolish? maybe they will both drop in price by the time I can play.

I preordered witcher 3 last year and havent played it yet. To be fair, I lost my PC in between. ( changed country).

I read about the metal gear rising steam mess. Kinda afraid of ordering and having no way to check if the game works. Steam still lists the game in my old currency that I would play with my old credit card but if they region lock me or my steam account gets banned that would be a major problem.

Shy

So PC version= konami cant shut down online functions next year when they decide to destroy kojima and/or shut down the whole game division right?
They can. But the pc version has modders, so if it got shut-down, hopefully it's wouldn't be to long before the was a workaround.

I've remained agnostic in the TeamA vs Team B battle for too long. It's time I made my choice.

I, Black Pewter of House OuterGAF, hereby publicly declare my allegiance to

#TeamB, obviously.

brau

just canceled my regular version for the ps4 collectors edition and have a steam digital copy just in case my collector edition doesn't come in time

Been going over the videos again today i still think they have shown hardly anything

Gun Animal

Has there been any evidence to suggest that we'll get to enjoy some MGS4 ACT1/2 style battlefield sneaking? For example, open firefights between the Soviets and the Mujahideen in Kabul? It would kinda suck if Afghanistan was just a wasteland of Soviet occupied forts with no power struggle going on whatsoever.

Shy

Has there been any evidence to suggest that we'll get to enjoy some MGS4 ACT1/2 style battlefield sneaking? For example, open firefights between the Soviets and the Mujahideen in Kabul? It would kinda suck if Afghanistan was just a wasteland of Soviet occupied forts with no power struggle going on whatsoever.
Never that about that. I hope so.

Saven

Banned
Looks like I need to get a new power supply for my PC before September 1st rolls around. To Amazon or Newegg we go!

Also, can I be added to the hype pic?

J.EM1

I'm hoping for some of that.

Man, that would kinda suck if it's not included and it never crossed my mind that I wanted that. I wonder how they would pull it off with the open world (random events, certain objectives?). I think the reason why it worked in MGS4 was because of its linearity -- the player was sort of funneled into the battle and had to find a way around things while being in close vicinity with the gunfight.

Rajang

No.

I remember before MGS4 came out, they talked alot about how you could pick a side in the battlefield. But we have heard nothing like that with TPP. I highly doubt that will be in the game. TPP doesn't need it anyway. There is already soooo much to do. Just watch the latest FOB gameplay demonstration, that gameplay mode has far more exciting gameplay than most games out today and the crazy thing is that it's completely optional.

Ozium

Question: If the US Govt. is trying to fuck over Big Boss, why does he work for them in Metal Gear 1?

Also, why did Big Boss send Snake to infiltrate Outer Heaven? In MGS4 ppl be hatin' on Solid Snake for "stopping Big Boss's plans to topple Zero/The Patriots." But BB is the one who sent him in there so why they mad tho?

-Deimos

Question: If the US Govt. is trying to fuck over Big Boss, why does he work for them in Metal Gear 1?

Also, why did Big Boss send Snake to infiltrate Outer Heaven? In MGS4 ppl be hatin' on Solid Snake for "stopping Big Boss's plans to topple Zero/The Patriots." But BB is the one who sent him in there so why they mad tho?

It's not so much the US as it is Zero and the Patriots. Plus, working for Foxhound gave him resources to help build Outer Heaven without interference. BB sent Snake cause he was a rookie at the time and wasn't expected to succeed.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."

Snake was the inferior clone, and was probably going to fail. BB sent him into trap after trap, but he kept surviving and getting through them. Just a theory, but it was likely that Solid was sent to fail so that Foxhound looked like it was trying.

Rajang

Snake was the inferior clone, and was probably going to fail. BB sent him into trap after trap, but he kept surviving and getting through them. Just a theory, but it was likely that Solid was sent to fail so that Foxhound looked like it was trying.

The whole cloning thing wasn't even a thing in Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2. BB used Snake because he was a rookie, it had nothing to do with being a clone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom