• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venom Fox

Banned
Reposting becuase it got buried.

Oh as well, guys, I'm having trouble editing my PSN in to our spreadsheet on IPad.
So I need to ask how to do a hidden quote tag thing lol

Shy

I shed a single tear in response...

Maybe we can figure out a way to get some ground rules included in the OT, I'll have to reach out to Dawg
What precisely did you say in the request. if you don't mind me asking. ?
Reposting becuase it got buried.

Oh as well, guys, I'm having trouble editing my PSN in to our spreadsheet on IPad.
So I need to ask how to do a hidden quote tag thing lol
Here you go.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bs--3AEsRAxD-ZR1fOn7PDEXD-LNhqRXOn9U24POtf4/edit#gid=0

WAT

gRpZ16m.png

realcZk

LOL... i dunno if i have a comeback to this.

But this is the same watch Kojima had when he was a kid. and the same watch he wears in the game. iDroid is for plebs.

It's quite tempting, but I haven't found a place to order it. If I did, i probably would be afraid to wear it.

NeoGiff

When is the new PlayStation update coming? The community/grouo feature will be great to keep OuterGAF organised among our friends lists.

Erban1

What precisely did you say in the request. if you don't mind me asking. ?

Here you go.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bs--3AEsRAxD-ZR1fOn7PDEXD-LNhqRXOn9U24POtf4/edit#gid=0

Pretty much just asked if it would be OK to create a separate OT for the FOB multiplayer system ... Didn't go into detail really.

I can understand why though, the front page would just be MGS come the 1st. If you or anyone else wants to ask around and try for a different result feel free. Maybe it'll be popular enough that we get permission after release like the Gwent thread.

As far as coordinating our efforts go, we'll have multiple places to discuss, so it's not a total loss.

brau

It's quite tempting, but I haven't found a place to order it. If I did, i probably would be afraid to wear it.

Yea... i dunno where to get it. i should look.

Probably Fulton someone who already has the watch.

This makes more sense. So should research fulton next. Should've done that from the beginning tbh. Priorities...

what's the price? Can't open it since shitty hotel wifi.

$375 i think.

brau

Listening to Elegia as i ponder this.... its very fitting.

I know NOTHING about watches. Is seiko regarded as a good, reliable and high quality brand?

It better be for that much money... and i hope the watch also makes me breakfast or at least greets me every morning.

realcZk

By the way wasn't sure if anyone knew this before but that Piggyback MGSV guide is now listed as having 400 pages on amazon, seems hefty enough for me :D

Erban1

Btw, I'm jealous of everyone taking off release day. I can't get off until Friday due to a work project...at least the 4 day weekend for Labor Day will be glorious.

brau

Oh, man. I'm just past that in my latest run. It's such a weirdly haunting moment. Great choice as always, Brau.

I didn't even know the album i was listening to had that version of the main theme. It was epic. Also.. mgs3 has an amazing ost. All the mixes of percussion with the mgs1 accents is just mind blowing. Love love love that ost. Example.

I love all the details in the music. GZ has the same in a lot of different arrangements. All the music composed from Harry Gregson-Williams and Norihiko Hibino is hype for me.

Almost as much as Akira Yamaoka... or Tsuneo Imahori.

WHICH BTW!!! I just realized that Tsuneo did the ost for one of my fav animes. Hajime no Ippo... man.. his work is just soooo good.

By the way wasn't sure if anyone knew this before but that Piggyback MGSV guide is now listed as having 400 pages on amazon, seems hefty enough for me :D

This as big as the bloodborne guide? that one was in depth.

woa... never heard this.. this is lovely.

RetroMG

I have this horrible feeling that my PS4 is about to die. Controllers won't stay connected, even on USB. Hoping it's just my DS4, but might pre-order MGSV on Steam today just in case.

Shy

Pretty much just asked if it would be OK to create a separate OT for the FOB multiplayer system ... Didn't go into detail really.

I can understand why though, the front page would just be MGS come the 1st. If you or anyone else wants to ask around and try for a different result feel free. Maybe it'll be popular enough that we get permission after release like the Gwent thread.

As far as coordinating our efforts go, we'll have multiple places to discuss, so it's not a total loss.
Umm, maybe go back and say it will be a combined FOB/MGO thread, that might help.
explain there should only e four threads, and after a couple of weeks they can put the FOB/MGO thread in the community section, to help with the clutter.
MGSV OT.
MGESV spolier.
MGSV PC performance.
MGSV FOB/MGO.

Shy

If you got the money Brau, i think you should get the watch.

-------------------

And could someone who has twitter, please tweet GMG and ask them when TPP will go up.

Venom Fox

Banned
This is my info guys, it's hidden so quote to reveal it. If someone could edit it in to the Google spreadsheet I'd be grateful. I'd do it but my IPad Air won't let me for some reason.

PSN Leevi4Jade Will be playing on ...folk aren't a problem if they wanna join up..

brau

This is my info guys, it's hidden so quote to reveal it. If someone could edit it in to the Google spreadsheet I'd be grateful. I'd do it but my IPad Air won't let me for some reason.

Done.

EDIT: also... i edited the sheet to have a sticky headline... so when you scroll you always know what is what.

kotor22

Wait so quick question; on PSN it says MGSV TPP unlocks 9/1/15 midnight Pacific Time , so for east coast that means it unlocks around 3am right?

Mercutiouk

Neo Member
Man, MGS as a series has some great music. What are some of your favorite tracks?

Mine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiPon8lr48U
Though Calling to the Night gets an honorable mention.

Mine has to be this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NOabk7Lt2E

I think the song is even more powerful after watching the end scene. Although I do agree with some of your choices. Heavens Divide are also great.

Wow, thanks for this. It gave me goosebumps. These post just makes me realise how much I love MGS3.

How can I get invited for Steam Outer Gaf and the list with your PSN names? Would like to add some of you to play on PS4.

Although, I won't be able to be with you at launch, unfortunately. I'll be in Cuba doing my own Camp Omega incursion.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Wait so quick question; on PSN it says MGSV TPP unlocks 9/1/15 midnight Pacific Time , so for east coast that means it unlocks around 3am right?

Yessir. Unfortunately for my East Coast Brothers, since SCEA is in San Diego you have to wait until midnight rolls around on the Best Coast.

Do you guys know what's this about:
http://ingsoc.org/

Last I checked, Konami doesn't usually register domains through a proxy.

http://whois.domaintools.com/ingsoc.org
http://whois.domaintools.com/konami.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom