• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that link a spoiler? I'm not clickin'!
I saw the mgs reddit is in lockdown so it must be serious.

The twitter link? Nah, it just says that there has been major plot leaks and to be careful.

I took the first week of September off for this game and would hate to get it accidentally spoiled before I even get to play it. Time to retread from anything MGS V related. I'm assuming the community thread will be safe haven right?

tumblr_ns6fkhjwjl1qdrwkfo2_400.gif

Rajang

So guys... TPP is almost out, and i am considering giving away a copy of TPP to someone in here. How should we decide who gets a copy? I am pretty sure i will give one, but considering doing 2.

What do you guys think?

Give it to me. We are both mexicans.

:>

pahamrick

So guys... TPP is almost out, and i am considering giving away a copy of TPP to someone in here. How should we decide who gets a copy? I am pretty sure i will give one, but considering doing 2.

What do you guys think?

I'd like to say priority should be given to those who will have a hard time affording a copy otherwise. So, not like a modbot free-for-all giveaway, but determining that would really be on the honor system of sorts.

brau

I'd like to say priority should be given to those who will have a hard time affording a copy otherwise. So, not like a modbot free-for-all giveaway, but determining that would really be on the honor system of sorts.

Yea... i want this to go to someone who doesn't have the means to play it i guess... or has to wait because of money. I don't know.

Just thought people should enjoy Kojimas last MGS game. A copy to giveaway sounds like a good idea.

Erban1

Looks like I have to avoid everywhere but GAF for a couple weeks...

2 weeks! ...sad but I still haven't preordered and won't until I know what method means I get to play sooner.

Shy

What do you guys think?
Hook a brother up, Brau. Please. <3
How would they know?

Was the spoiler something like "The whale turns into the face of Hideo Kojima".? That I would believe.
*shrugs* i honestly don't know. Sorry.

Alienous

• The game takes place entirely in purgatory. The first and last scenes are Snake waking up from a coma.
  • One sequence in the game tasks the player with taking down an enemy base armed with nothing but a banana and 5 apples.
  • If you 'meow' into a microphone near Ocelot he'll do the 'You're pretty good' gesture towards you.
  • Hideo Kojima appears 70% though the game. He throws a rocket launcher at Snake and heroically CQC's Skull-Face. The game slows down and you the player have to simultaneously kill Skull-Face and Hideo Kojima. When Kojima dies he says "Skullface was a metaphor for Konami".
  • The final line of the game is "Kaz, was I a penguin the whole time?"
I'm typing it out as fast as I can, but there's just so much.

Hey guys,
*reads leak news*

tumblr_mvi7ntdSCp1ssm62zo1_400.gif

What do you guys think?

That's incredibly cool of you. I'll echo pahamrick and say give it to someone who is really looking forward to it but can't afford it. If you plan on giving another copy, there's always Ms paint contests. ;]

• The game takes place entirely in purgatory. The first and last scenes are Snake waking up from a coma.
  • One sequence in the game tasks the player with taking down an enemy base armed with nothing but a banana and 5 apples.
  • If you 'meow' into a microphone near Ocelot he'll do the 'You're pretty good' gesture towards you.
  • Hideo Kojima appears 70% though the game. He throws a rocket launcher at Snake and heroically CQC's Skull-Face. The game slows down and you the player have to simultaneously kill Skull-Face and Hideo Kojima. When Kojima dies he says "Skullface was a metaphor for Konami".
  • The final line of the game is "Kaz, was I a penguin the whole time?"
I'm typing it out as fast as I can, but there's just so much.

I'm gonna meow so hard.

brau

Hey guys,
*reads leak news*

tumblr_mvi7ntdSCp1ssm62zo1_400.gif

That's incredibly cool of you. I'll echo pahamrick and say give it to someone who is really looking forward to it but can't afford it. If you plan on giving another copy, there's always Ms paint contests. ;]

MS Paint... i like this idea since i am an artist. :)

pahamrick

Eschiver has been looking for a key for GZ on pc haha. He got his TPP copy from his video card i think. A pre order of TPP on PC will include GZ tho. no?

Yeah, if you pre-order direct off Steam you'll get a free copy of GZ, which will be giftable if you already own it.

brau

Well.... we can make a pool of giveaways if people want to make it a celebration of giveaways haha...i will be giving 2 copies i think. that will include GZ since its a pre order.

I might get the keys a little later. We should decide how to do this tho.

pahamrick

Just curious but are there also people here that want to see these potential spoilers instead of avoiding them?

I'm torn. If there's spoilers out there regarding a certain point of the game (David Hayter not having some sort of involvement) I might want to see them just to know so if he doesn't, the disappointment is out of the way.

But on the other hand, I'd like to be surprised since this is going to be the last Kojima Metal Gear (Maybe the last one period, I don't have high hopes for Konami continuing the series proper and not just farming it out to some cheap dev house like they've handled everything else lately).

Well.... we can make a pool of giveaways if people want to make it a celebration of giveaways haha...i will be giving 2 copies i think. that will include GZ since its a pre order.

I might get the keys a little later. We should decide how to do this tho.

Are those PC versions ?

You should just ask people here and they should PM you, then you randomly let them pick by a program.

brau

I'm torn. If there's spoilers out there regarding a certain point of the game (David Hayter not having some sort of involvement) I might want to see them just to know so if he doesn't, the disappointment is out of the way.

But on the other hand, I'd like to be surprised since this is going to be the last Kojima Metal Gear (Maybe the last one period, I don't have high hopes for Konami continuing the series proper and not just farming it out to some cheap dev house like they've handled everything else lately).

hehe... the crow will be served soon to Team A. :D

Are those PC versions ?

You should just ask people here and they should PM you, then you randomly let them pick by a program.

The easiest way to gift the game would be on steam.. or GoG or something like that. PS4 doesn't have a gift.. but i don't mind giving the game out on a console if we figure something out.

pahamrick

hehe... the crow will be served soon to Team A. :D

The easiest way to gift the game would be on steam.. or GoG or something like that. PS4 doesn't have a gift.. but i don't mind giving the game out on a console if we figure something out.

I fear you're right. :(

Steam certainly makes it easier, the only 'easy' way to handle console copies is to give away PSN/MS cards equaling the amount in the winner's territory. Not being able to gift PSN/MS funds or games really is a silly oversight.

Man..that's one big gamble. Could ruin huge surprises. I couldn't do it.

brau

I fear you're right. :(

Steam certainly makes it easier, the only 'easy' way to handle console copies is to give away PSN/MS cards equaling the amount in the winner's territory. Not being able to gift PSN/MS funds or games really is a silly oversight.

Not only that... but there is the whole conversion of money... and restrictions... suuupah annoying.

pahamrick

Man..that's one big gamble. Could ruin huge surprises. I couldn't do it.
Yeah. I'm just going to avoid them. Either Team A is right, and the ending is the one I've envisioned since Sutherland was announced, or Team A is wrong and Hayter got dumped like a hot potato, which would be disappointing to me.

Not only that... but there is the whole conversion of money... and restrictions... suuupah annoying.

Yeah, pretty much. There's websites where you can purchase EU and US PSN/MS cards, which I've used in the past to get around gifting things to friends, but it's been awhile and I don't know if either of them are still reliable like they used to be.

I'm super thankful for NewEgg hooking me up with a free copy, or I'd probably be waiting until October to play.

People want to see spoilers?! Is this bizarro world?! Have you no goddamned self-control?!

GaaaaaaH!

The patient snake catches it's prey and the desperate one gets caught as a prey.

Yeah. I'm just going to avoid them. Either Team A is right, and the ending is the one I've envisioned since Sutherland was announced, or Team A is wrong and Hayter got dumped like a hot potato, which would be disappointing to me.

And it'll be out in the open a day after the game is out. I hope slow players like me who take their time to finish a game don't get spoiled somehow. D:

When mgs4 came out I dove into spoilers because I wanted to know and would not be buying a ps3 for years later.

I was very confused because I just watched the graveyard scene.

Is anyone ordering from the Microsoft Store? Their online customer service couldn't tell me 100% it would ship early and arrive on release day. It still says "Release date to be announced". I'd like the $10 Xbox credit but I want to ensure I receive it day one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom