• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

hwy_61

Banned
Hey guys. Quick question about the save data from GZ to TPP:

What exactly will carry over? Do I need to complete GZ 100% or something?

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
My custom t-shirt has arrived :)
1244_2_20130630234316.png

realcZk

first run through everything will be default then 2nd play through will prob have no reflex

Same here. Since we have to complete normal difficulty to unlock hard (if it's anything like GZ that is) then I think I will stick to reflex and just get a feel for the game. For my next playthrough I want to do it on hard and focus on the S ranks, so I'll use whatever helps me get those. On GZ you can still get S ranks with reflex enabled, it's just less room for error :)

Alienous

The variable difficulty (enemies adapting to tactics) and the concessions the game has made for players who might find it too hard (the chicken hat) I don't think I want to screw with the default settings playing through it for the first time.

Reflex mode helps avoid the frustration of feeling like restarting because of a small mistake and the marking system helps by providing a situational awareness you just wouldn't have otherwise. It's great that both can be disabled but I wouldn't want to do that from the onset; I want a comfortable experience with difficulty where it naturally arises and playing Ground Zeroes it seems things like armoured enemies, attacking vehicles and differing tactics will do enough of that without needing to mess around with settings.

The variable difficulty (enemies adapting to tactics) and the concessions the game has made for players who might find it too hard (the chicken hat) I don't think I want to screw with the default settings playing through it for the first time.

Reflex mode helps avoid the frustration of feeling like restarting because of a small mistake and the marking system helps by providing a situational awareness you just wouldn't have otherwise. It's great that both can be disabled but I wouldn't want to do that from the onset; I want a comfortable experience with difficulty where it naturally arises and playing Ground Zeroes it seems things like armoured enemies, attacking vehicles and differing tactics will do enough of that without needing to mess around with settings.

Learning how to exploit reflex mode has been really fun to me. It adds a new layer of planning to my GZ runs. Can't wait to use it in TPP.

el_Nikolinho

Neo Member
I can't decide which platform to buy MGS 5. I've 100% Ground Zeroes on Xbox one (so I'll get the stuff that carries over) but the PS4 version is slightly better (very slightly).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom