• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who else is compromising quite a bit just to squeeze this assured masterpiece into their busy lives? I'm an electrical engineering student -- AND I work a pretty demanding job. It's likely my grades will take a considerable dive for a little while.

But, you know what? It's so fucking worth it.

Shy

Who else is compromising quite a bit just to squeeze this assured masterpiece into their busy lives?
xHqsn3M.gif

I don't have a life or friends.

raven777

I am worried about review scores. I fear many sites will bash the score for the different approach Metal Gear is taking.. I can see many places giving it 80s.

I am worried about review scores. I fear many sites will bash the score for the different approach Metal Gear is taking.. I can see many places giving it 80s.

I can see some idiots who will give 7/10 because there was a 3 fps drop during some super fast action, while the same journalist gave AC: Unity same score and not taking technical fuck ups in mind.

I can see some idiots who will give 7/10 because there was a 3 fps drop during some super fast action, while the same journalist gave AC: Unity same score and not taking technical fuck ups in mind.

Don't worry about that, lol. This game will do fine, just like Bloodborne, Witcher 3 and Arkham Knight did. Well, the latter only on consoles, but you get what I mean.

LowParry

Sony is apparently concentrating solely on Destiny in September.

Well fine. I need another console and I'll take that Destiny bundle with that 1200 model. As for the game...eh. I'll sell it to a friend. MSGV story for PC. Online for PS4. And story again on PS4. :D

Don't worry about that, lol. This game will do fine, just like Bloodborne, Witcher 3 and Arkham Knight did. Well, the latter only on consoles, but you get what I mean.

I get you, but my concern is that MGS is a specific series and many people just don't get it and don't know how to play. That's why they bash it.

Cathcart

Spoiler question (this is not related to MGS V):
How old was zero during MGS 2?
Here's an important lesson for us all to learn in the upcoming weeks: try to give an idea of what the spoiler refers to so we know if we can click on it. Very simple to say "possible end of MGS4 spoiler," much more informative.

Who else is compromising quite a bit just to squeeze this assured masterpiece into their busy lives? I'm an electrical engineering student -- AND I work a pretty demanding job. It's likely my grades will take a considerable dive for a little while.

But, you know what? It's so fucking worth it.
It is not. Stay in school, get the best grades you can. Take it from an old dude, you do not get that time back. Put in the work now, video games are awesome but not worth grades dropping.

Silver lining: if that's all you've got to worry about you're living a pretty great life.

Guys, in MGS 1, why does Meryl remove her mask whenever you call her while she's in disguise?
Don't question the Codec. What happens in the Codec screen stays in the Codec screen.
This is really the best answer. Nothing in MG is more confusing than the codec tech. Trying to understand it will undo eternity.

Cathcart

Maybe I'm way late noticing this but the PS4 preorder page now says play at midnight ET on 9/1, woot. Think I'll still come home Monday and sleep a few hours first.

OrochiJR

Who else is compromising quite a bit just to squeeze this assured masterpiece into their busy lives?

Not really compromising per se, but I prepared a time slot solely dedicated to the game beforehand. I took the first week of September off from work and made sure I don't have to do any university related stuff in the first two september weeks.

Can I get an invite to the Steam group? Know I need to friend someone in the in to get in, but didn't wanna just drop in on someone unawares!

Anth0ny

yeah, I have a feeling it's going to review kinda poorly compared to other MGS games. it's also not going to sell super well imo. this is easily the least hyped mainline MGS title ever, and that makes me sad because it's by FAR my most hyped game of the year and the gen. compare the general excitement going into 5 to the excitement going into 2, 3 and 4... it's not even close imo.

obviously the whole konami/kojima deal hurt the lead up to launch for this game, but I think the current games landscape has just moved on from big, Japanese games, MGS included. that fucking destiny expansion pack is going to wreck mgs from a sales perspective. there's a reason why sony is releasing a destiny ps4 and not the mgsv ps4 :(

JayEH

I have PS+ so where's my free copy of GZ?

You have to claim in the month it's in the rotation.

Maybe I'm way late noticing this but the PS4 preorder page now says play at midnight ET on 9/1, woot. Think I'll still come home Monday and sleep a few hours first.

Still says PST for me and the countdown timer is still set for 12 AM PST :/

Really hope they change it to EST.

Holdfing

I get you, but my concern is that MGS is a specific series and many people just don't get it and don't know how to play. That's why they bash it.

Then they are foolish fools who don't deserve to experience Kojima's masterpiece. They can go and grind away on Destiny mobs until the end of time.

Just wanted to say I 100%'d Ground Zeroes. Didn't really like playing it initially, but I picked it back up on a whim and had a blast getting everything. the mechanics and gunplay are so topaz, sheesh. Can't wait for TPP.

GHound

You have to claim in the month it's in the rotation.

Still says PST for me and the countdown timer is still set for 12 AM PST :/

Really hope they change it to EST.
Only thing I can suggest is hitting Konami up on Twitter and mentioning the inconsistency. Maybe if enough people bring it up it'll get pushed to EST.

85-89. I can see it going lower due to certain youtubers and people expecting Grand Theft Military though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom