• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vally

yU21OlG.jpg

To be fair, by going over Heros way over and over again, they avoided spoiling other missions in the full game. :p

Hahahaha! Yeah, agreed, I am glad that they presented the game in such a manner, because it will undoubtedly be packed with mission areas of similar structure so despite having seen so much, it will probably feel quite fresh!

Metacritic prediction?

I would've given it 96, but I do expect 2-3 outlier interviews that will dock points for Kojima's portrayal of woman or how he's way over his head in tackling some serious themes.

Gun Animal

Metacritic prediction?

I would've given it 96, but I do expect 2-3 outlier interviews that will dock points for Kojima's portrayal of woman or how he's way over his head in tackling some serious themes.
Metacritic is a joke, they'll let anyone with a dot com in these days. The only reviews thay should matter should be by writers you already know of and trust.

Eagerly awaiting reviews by Tim Rogers, Jim Sterling, George Weidman etc. In addition to the notable MGS community members.

Rajang

Has anyone received the Golden Joysticks Metal Gear Solid Hardback Edition yet?

I got a dispatch confirmation couple of days ago:

"Hello,

We thought you′d like to know that your MyFavouriteMagazines.co.uk order has been dispatched."

1000 is too low
Could this be Kojima's Magnus Okuonghae?

lol

Metacritic is a joke, they'll let anyone with a dot com in these days. The only reviews thay should matter should be by writers you already know of and trust.

Eagerly awaiting reviews by Tim Rogers, Jim Sterling, George Weidman etc. In addition to the notable MGS community members.

Can't wait for the review by Matthewmatosis. Will probably take a while though.

dc89

I'm getting pretty scared. I've only been awake 4 hours or so and I have already seen mentions of a GIF and a list detailing major plot points. 4 hours. FOUR HOURS.
And we have two weeks to go.

Xanathus

Whew, finally got S-rank on Jamais Vu thanks to a guide that showed you could set up C4 and mines beforehand. Only thing left is to do it on Hard and unlock all the trials and I'm set for MGS5!

Also Metacritic prediction is ~90 for metascore. No way it'll hit 100 because of how shitty the aggregation system is.

Rajang

Whew, finally got S-rank on Jamais Vu thanks to a guide that showed you could set up C4 and mines beforehand. Only thing left is to do it on Hard and unlock all the trials and I'm set for MGS5!

Also Metacritic prediction is ~90 for metascore. No way it'll hit 100 because of how shitty the aggregation system is.

Congrats on the S rank!

neoemonk

Finished Portable Ops! Now on to Peace Walker.

Portable Ops was a lot of fun but the controls SUUUUUUUCK

Hopefully Peace Walker is better in that regard and if not I'll play on PS3.

realcZk

Wow, are reviews really due out this Sunday at 7PM CST / 8PM ET / 5PM PT ? FOUR MORE DAYS!

For the record, my metacritic prediction from a few months ago was 94 as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom