• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
Editing - Hideo Kojima

CMvzktaUYAAYGSm.jpg

Tweet

Solidino

will there be boss fights?
have they been confirmed, in some of the past interviews right?
And any new characters not showing up yet?

Alienous

will there be boss fights?
have they been confirmed, in some of the past interviews right?
And any new characters not showing up yet?

Regarding the existence or non-existence of boss fights
There will be boss fights. Some previews have talked about them, but quite vaguely.

13 days to go. What's stopping them from releasing tomorrow, apart from retail stores not having it in stock? Would they still be printing discs at this time?

MajorTom

Damn, I missed a lot whilst I was asleep :/
Hopefully nothing like that happens again. If anyone has a problem with someone then PM them. Personally, I would rather have someone talk to me about it in private than cause an argument in the community thread.

Shy

Hopefully nothing like that happens again. If anyone has a problem with someone then PM them. Personally, I would rather have someone talk to me about it in private than cause an argument in the community thread.
I'm really sorry about that. it won't happen again.

Rajang

Exactly. No need to drag the whole community into the mud.

Anyway back on that MGSV hype train.

Ok thanks. Now that I remember I believe they will give a time frame of when they will charge you in the email. I'll just buy it the day before release then.

I'm really surprised at the file size of TPP being like 25GB. I've cleared up some space, uninstalled some retail games ( FC4/WD) so now I have much more room like 466GB on my 1TB HDD.

I wonder if there's a pre-load available and if so will it be world wide or just some countries? I'd hate to download the game on release day.

It sucks that I'll never get ZOE 3 but Im glad to see it live on in MGSV...I just need that ending to be a retelling of Metal Gear...and some Metal Gear on Metal gear action

VulpX

Whatever, here for everyone.

(needs some fixing / too lazy to upload updated files)
Not trying to be nitpicky (but of course I am) but I see you say 4 side missions and 2 non-canon missions, but all side missions in GZ are non-canon. The only canon thing that happened at Camp Omega is the Ground Zeroes mission.

Ow wait, I see now the concensus is that the missions happened, just not on the Camp Omega map. But since that is the only map in the game the missions take place there for the player. Hence pseudo-historical. So events and info from the missions are canon, just not the location.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
The only thing we should be arguing about in here is which of Big Boss' arms you'd prefer to be fisted by.

Not trying to be nitpicky (but of course I am) but I see you say 4 side missions and 2 non-canon missions, but all side missions in GZ are non-canon. The only canon thing that happened at Camp Omega is the Ground Zeroes mission.

I dunno if they are strictly non-canon. I took pseudo-historical recreation to mean that the events described in each mission happened, just not at Camp Omega. After all, nothing but the geography contradicts established canon, whilst
Camp Omega getting blown to fuckery prior (I think) to the events of GZ during the AA gun mission actually does.

That's how I took it any ways.

EDIT: Dammit.

Venom Fox

Banned
Damn, I didn't even know the community was split between here and the gamescom thread, I'd noticed a few people who usually post in here, hadn't for a while but I thought it was because of (life) stuff

Can we not have some community sit down and talk things through? It's a shame that something so stupid caused us to split.

Anyway, Brau, if you read this then I'll take up your offer of a game of Rocket league one time, as long as you promise you won't come and raid my FOB while I'm asleep :)

Damn, I didn't even know the community was split between here and the gamescom thread, I'd noticed a few people who usually post in here, hadn't for a while but I thought it was because of (life) stuff

Can we not have some community sit down and talk things through? It's a shame that something so stupid caused us to split.

Anyway, Brau, if you read this then I'll take up your offer of a game of Rocket league one time, as long as you promise you won't come and raid my FOB while I'm asleep :)

boss_zero_mgs4.jpg

Xanathus

The horn grows gradually throughout the game.
There's a morality system in the game where Snake looks eviler and has a longer horn depending on how many enemies he kills and what choices he makes in the game /s

Almost got all the achievements for Ground Zero, just need to mark all enemies on all missions which is tedious as fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom