• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venom Fox

Banned
Is it still the general consensus that we are gonna get more than 2 maps? Do you think Kojima has shown us all the maps we are gonna get or do you think instead of 1-2 more bigger maps like Africa or Afghanistan, we will get a few, more smaller, confined maps ala Cyprus?

I'm personally hoping for 1 more huge map and 3-4 more smaller maps, maybe even linear sequences.

Edit: Top of page hype!

Is it still the general consensus that we are gonna get more than 2 maps? Do you think Kojima has shown us all the maps we are gonna get or do you think instead of 1-2 more bigger maps like Africa or Afghanistan, we will get a few, more smaller, confined maps ala Cyprus?

I'm personally hoping for 1 more huge map and 3-4 more smaller maps, maybe even linear sequences.

We know Afghanistan and Africa are two huge maps. I think we'll just get one more big map(snow) instead of smaller ones.

Loakum

Banned
CMqwVD2UAAAbNgW.jpg:large

I must have this poster. If anyone finds out where they are selling this...give us (especially me) an heads up!

realcZk

tbh, I only think that there are only two horn sizes, normal and super big.

That could be for the sake of simplifying the in-game model. I think the horn (debris/shrapnel) is slowly working itself out, symbolizing big bosses descent into evil, but eventually it will be removed/fall out entirely. Alternatively it could be a visual compliment to evil scenes / when boss is soaked in blood and could alternate between different sizes. Either way, I think it might be removed at the end of the game -- since he didn't have a horn in MG 1/2 unless they are retconning that.

There's a morality system in the game where Snake looks eviler and has a longer horn depending on how many enemies he kills and what choices he makes in the game /s

Almost got all the achievements for Ground Zero, just need to mark all enemies on all missions which is tedious as fuck.

I know you're joking but the killing part could be true. Big Boss appears in front of the same mirror twice with different horn sizes. The short horn BB has less blood on his face and the longer one is splattered with blood. Both wearing the same attire as well. It could be that he visits the same place later in the game OR that the horn grew after he killed everyone at Motherbase.

Venom Fox

Banned
We know Afghanistan and Africa are two huge maps. I think we'll just get one more big map(snow) instead of smaller ones.
I hope we get 1 more big map and a few smaller ones.
When the players at the boot amp the other week completed the game in 40 hours, am I safe to assume that they rushed through the game in order to complete it?
Just asking because Kojima said, the game was so big, he was genuinely worried that people wouldn't be able to finish it.

I know you're joking but the killing part could be true. Big Boss appears in front of the same mirror twice with different horn sizes. The short horn BB has less blood on his face and the longer one is splattered with blood. Both wearing the same attire as well. It could be that he visits the same place later in the game or that the horn grew after he killed everyone at Motherbase.
I think either the horn being bigger is personal choice
(face customisation that Brazil said)
or when BB becomes stressed and angry it becomes bigger in order to reflect on him becoming a demon (symbolism).

I still think it looks silly when it's huge though.

Embearded

I hope we get 1 more big map and a few smaller ones.
When the players at the boot amp the other week completed the game in 40 hours, am I safe to assume that they rushed through the game in order to complete it?
Just asking because Kojima said, the game was so big, he was genuinely worried that people wouldn't be able to finish it.

When did that happen?
I remember in the last bootcamp someone rushed through the game and only got to Africa.
Someone finished it too? In 3 days?????

I think either the horn being bigger is personal choice (face customisation that Brazil said) or when BB becomes stressed and angry it becomes bigger in order to reflect on him becoming a demon (symbolism).

I still think it looks silly when it's huge though.

I don't think they'll let you customize Big Boss himself, the face customization would probably be MGO or Ishmael.

I hope it just grows over time instead of growing and receeding lol, that would be even more sillier.

When did that happen?
I remember in the last bootcamp someone rushed through the game and only got to Africa.

2 guys at the JP bootcamp finished it, or so I read. Don't take my word for it.

Tzmhero

The horn thing is weird. The short piece looks fatter at the tip and the longer piece looks thinner at the tip, like two different pieces .

I've seen this 'snow' business come up before. Can I ask why people think the game will have some sort of snow element in it? Was it because of the foley video with Stefanie Joosten, because I had assumed the 'snow' recording was made for the Deja Vu mission of Ground Zeroes rather than MGSV.

Spaghetti

imo

i think we're going to see one extra thing nobody has heard about yet, but other than that, afghanistan and africa are our lot in terms of big maps. that's fine though, because we've really seen barely anything from either and africa is meant to be enormous.

realcZk

If there's a mechanic with the horn/shrapnel, for gods sake, don't explain it ingame, let the community find out.

I'd love a headbutt CQC move where you spike other people in the face with your horn and then you hallucinate/see lisa from PT for a few seconds afterwards due to brain damage. :)

Maybe the horn isn't real :O

It's CG. (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

isn't there talk of a morale mechanic? i guess walking around covered in blood might bring that down.

It might. Though I hope Mother base's morale isn't singular as in everyone gets morale up or down with one action you do. New Staff with lower stats should change their morale easily while the older staff with higher stats would have their morale up till you screw up something big.

Cathcart

When I S rank GZ missions I unlock the rifle with the grenade launcher but the rewards screen shows that as the second to last reward. So for example in Jamais Vu it was 17/18. How do I unlock 18/18?

Venom Fox

Banned
When did that happen?
There were 2 bootcamps, one for previews and then one for Japanese press, in the Japan one, 2 of the attendees rushed through the game over 40 hours (3 days) and said they completed it. As far as I know, they absolutely rushed through the story to complete it and didn't touch any side ops, side missions, Motherbase etc.
I don't think they'll let you customize Big Boss himself, the face customization would probably be MGO or Ishmael.

I hope it just grows over time instead of growing and receeding lol, that would be even more sillier.
I don't know, Brazil made it clear that it was Big Boss who we customised and it was at the start of the game.
imo

i think we're going to see one extra thing nobody has heard about yet, but other than that, afghanistan and africa are our lot in terms of big maps. that's fine though, because we've really seen barely anything from either and africa is meant to be enormous.
I predict 3 big maps, Africa, Afghanistan and maybe Russia? I think the big maps will be used for Side ops, side missions that support the main quest and a few main quests, with the chunk of main quests taking place in remote places (like the Cyprus opening).

Wild predictions I know, but if we are to see BB taking command of Foxhound and creating OH then we'd need to see the majority of the man story take place in different locations other than the big maps.
Just before BB joins Foxhound again, he is said to have been involved in over 70 different operations over the world, I think the side ops are these 70+ operations that took place in Africa and Afghanistan etc.
I honestly don't think the majority of the story will take place in Africa and Afghanistan.

Man, because my mother failed to pay the electricity bills, that I had to pay for her yesterday, I will eventually have no more electricity tomorrow and god knows how long...

I am really angry at her right now, the letter where they say that they will cut the electricity is over a month old...

Venom Fox

Banned
Man, because my mother failed to pay the electricity bills, that I had to pay for her yesterday, I will eventually have no more electricity tomorrow and god knows how long...

I am really angry at her right now, the letter where they say that they will cut the electricity is over a month old...
This happened to me the other month as well and I don't even live with my mum, £780 but I managed to get them down to £500. I still haven't gotten it back lmao (stupid woman).

I hope your ok though Kenz

Embearded

There were 2 bootcamps, one for previews and then one for Japanese press, in the Japan one, 2 of the attendees rushed through the game over 40 hours (3 days) and said they completed it. As far as I know, they absolutely rushed through the story to complete it and didn't touch any side ops, side missions, Motherbase etc.

I bet they did rush it with the bare minimum motherbase stuff and no replaying OPs.

I hope you are right guys, i really do.
I was expecting at least 70 hours with normal pace.
Less than 2 weeks and we'll find out.

Are you going to read the reviews before finishing the game?

Well you could always come and live in Greece!
When the technician leaves after disconnecting your electricity, you just go and reconnect it.
The only way to get caught is of they send someone to check which is rare.

I don't know, Brazil made it clear that it was Big Boss who we customised and it was at the start of the game.

That's.. odd tbh. I know the Grey Fox = BB theory but even then the whole idea is that the final result should look like BB. Don't know what to think of it lol. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Why should I trust someone named Video Game Loser?

Because his uncle works at Nintendo.

Yikes.. I hope she starts paying regularly from now on. :s

I'm betting it'll be around 100h with doing majority of the side ops and mother base stuff without S ranking everything.

And nope, I don't trust reviews anymore. They could give TPP 0/10 for all I care.
Which they won't.

Mifec

Wait, what's wrong with them completing it in 40 hours without doing everything? I doubted the main story parts would even last longer than 15 anyway.

Venom Fox

Banned

I did read something about the 2 previewers really rushed as quick as they could and only did main story stuff.

Yes I'll be reading the reviews, they won't be able to really spoil anything major so I don't see them as a problem, just more hype fuel!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom