• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kindekuma

Banned
So, now that's out the way, who's excited about Fallout 4?

u tried

0736_30jqb.gif

I can't say much but, man.. ya'll need to let go of the issues or resolve it before it solidifies in your mind. It won't happen now but such things can lead to ruin, but it could also lead to a better future if you find the conflict and resolve it. Just remember what The Boss said:

Politics, economics, the arms race – they’re all just arenas for meaningless competition. I’m sure you can see that. But the Earth itself has no boundaries. No East, no West, no Cold War.

Outer-gaf has shouldn't have any boundaries either. No army is without internal conflicts but no army survives for long who lets the conflict linger for long. Let's look at the better future together and give up the meaningless competition.

Shy

I'm sorry to say this, but this is some juvenile Internet drama.

Can't you guys just pm and get things over with or just ignore each other if you dislike each other so much? There's really no need for all this bickering.

This is why I left the old community thread soon after entering it.

Childish, schoolyard antics that are quite frankly embarrassing to be associated with. Sn4ke, from reading your posts, you seem to have a lot of pent-up anger. I hope you get any help you may or may not need.

Bye, guys. See you all in the OP in a few weeks.

I pay a visit to this community each day for news on MGSV, not a childish quibble. Resolve this matter elsewhere, dudes.
I'm very sorry you guys had to see any of that, and i shouldn't have made those posts that flared things up again.

Please don't leave the community because of it. it won't happen again. i Swear.
gIjOOTk.gif

Salaadin

This is why I left the old community thread soon after entering it.

Childish, schoolyard antics that are quite frankly embarrassing to be associated with. Sn4ke, from reading your posts, you seem to have a lot of pent-up anger. I hope you get any help you may or may not need.

Bye, guys. See you all in the OP in a few weeks.

Sorta how I feel too. I try not to bring it up but it can sometimes be hard to involve yourself here when you see stuff like this.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
But you would call people "nigger" or "faggot" and make fun of someone's name because they are born of a different ethnicity than you. Seriously, piss off.

Are you out of your mind? where did i say this? seriously you need help ASAP.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Yo guys there's this thing called the ignore button, if you dislike someone then you can just ignore them. If that isn't good enough then just go to PMs.

Let's get back to usual now?

So, now that's out the way, who's excited about Fallout 4?

Kind of, I've yet to play the previous Fallouts. Might try them after MGSV which will take more more time to complete than Fallout 4 releases lol.

How long do you guys think the game will be without the side stuff and only the essential Motherbase stuff?

Storm360

Let's get back to usual now?

Kind of, I've yet to play the previous Fallouts. Might try them after MGSV which will take more more time to complete than Fallout 4 releases lol.

How long do you guys think the game will be without the side stuff and only the essential Motherbase stuff?

FO3 is great but eh, never got into New Vegas, something about it just seemed off.

Waiting for MGSV release.
CMvBp7TWUAAzWYC.png

RELEASE DAY!
CMvBqByWoAAjaWQ.png

Lol @ BigBossDidNothingWrong. Finally we'll see all his wrongdoings in TPP. >:]

FO3 is great but eh, never got into New Vegas, something about it just seemed off.

That's interesting, most of what I've read about FO3 and NV, people like NV more than FO3.

Around 25 hours

So that'll end up with 100-150 hours with all the side stuff.
1374793651853.png

Loakum

Banned
Wait, it's is going to have a new game+ ? i thought it was going to be like PW.

I think the main story is gonna be longer than 35 hours if the Mother Base level up function is an important feature. I would imagine it taking a ton of hours unlocking weapons and items to use in the main story. My guess it would be in the ballpark of 50 - 70 hours.

Spaghetti

i honestly think we're looking at something that will take maybe 40 hours to complete. how long was the japanese bootcamp? didn't only two people manage to finish the game?

Shy

I think the main story is gonna be longer than 35 hours if the Mother Base level up function is an important feature. I would imagine it taking a ton of hours unlocking weapons and items to use in the main story. My guess it would be in the ballpark of 50 - 70 hours.
i know that the game will be massive, it was just the NG+ comment threw me off a bit.

Loakum

Banned
Embargo is lifting on the entire event Sunday right ? Wonder if they were allowed to record anything

I doubt they would allow any recording. I wouldn't want an major screw up like MGS4's Big Boss screen capture to happen again. I'm more curious about Kojima's final trailer for The Phantom Pain. I have an feeling it's gonna be emotional...

NYR94

Hmm, maybe the review event is the 18th, 19th and 20th, then they have the 21st and 22nd to write their reviews if they want to publish on the 23rd which is the day the embargo lifts. Obviously they can take longer if they'd like.

I doubt they would allow any recording. I wouldn't want an major screw up like MGS4's Big Boss screen capture to happen again. I'm more curious about Kojima's final trailer for The Phantom Pain. I have an feeling it's gonna be emotional...

You bet. I got teary eyed with the E3 trailer itself. Going to sit with a tissue box this time.

I'm a tiny bit exited for the new trailer song too lol, Kojima's taste in music is the best.

"In his eyes, the greatest symbiotic parasite the world has ever known is not microbial; it’s linguistic... Words are what keep civilization, our world, alive. Free the world not by taking men’s lives but by taking their tongues."

"With this, I’ll rid the world of infestation. Sans lingua franca the world will be torn asunder, and then it shall be free."

Loakum

Banned
i know that the game will be massive, it was just the NG+ comment threw me off a bit.

oh. I'm not gonna lie, I'm counting down the days until MGSVTPP's release like a prisoner counting down to his (or her) release day. I'm obsessed.

You bet. I got teary eyed with the E3 trailer itself. Going to sit with a tissue box this time.

Just the thought of knowing it's Kojima's final MGS trailer is enough to make my eye facets leak.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
im taking NG+ as meaning like in Peace Walker that you have your full base and equips so going though the story again takes considerably less effort.

Tcab96

im taking NG+ as meaning like in Peace Walker that you have your full base and equips so going though the story again takes considerably less effort.

So how does that work in Peace Walker? Do you just have to select the story missions from a menu and you'll be taken there?

wilsonda

Fyi just added my info to the spreadsheet now.. will be adding you guys/girls during this week... just got TLOU remastered to help ease the wait

realcZk

That's a good point, I agree with you there. That leak was crazy. I'm just excited for a taste of anything we can get. That trailer should be a great watch too, I wonder if kojima caught the fan made saga trailer recently (for anyone who hasn't watched they should DEFINITELY check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB1IVeLhb3s ), it was great.

Shy

I'm gonna be thinking about Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain throughout the whole jury duty selection procedure/trial. lol
Damm sorry to hear that.
Yeah i only realised what you meant not too long ago. Sorry.

Opto

Banned
So how does that work in Peace Walker? Do you just have to select the story missions from a menu and you'll be taken there?

yeah. you could take any weapons you developed into missions you wouldn't have had so early in the game. you could do this before you even beat the game, and with other soldiers, unless they were very specific story missions.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

yes, and you can also rewatch any cutscene you want. Having upgraded weapons makes all the normal levels a joke you can do in 5 minutes tops, so everything is faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom