• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

realcZk

Hey, I got the same Amazon email now. Looks like they might be doing this for everyone!

We have good news! One of your pre-ordered items is now eligible for release date delivery and has been upgraded at no additional charge. Your new delivery estimate is:

Piggyback "Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain: The Complete Official Guide Collector's Edition"
Estimated arrival date: September 01, 2015

Shy

Do you have a credit/debit card? You can send money from paypal without needing a bank account attached.
No, butI have access to one, that's why i'm not comfortable doing that.

Sorry if i'm sounding cryptic, it's not anything shady, just something very silly that i don't to say.

Rajang

Yea sure thanks. Are they even beatable solo without supply drops? I always run out of ammos, especially at the moment I can only carry 2 weapons.

It's possible to do it without supply drops early game, but it's really difficult and you have to know what you're doing. You shouldn't worry about rank the first time you face the vehicles, just go rambo.

pahamrick

No, butI have access to one, that's why i'm not comfortable doing that.

Sorry if i'm sounding cryptic, it's not anything shady, just something very silly that i don't to say.

Fair enough. Even though GMG has TPP listed as coming soon on their site, they don't sell any other Konami games digitally (at least in the US region.) so I wonder if they'll really start selling it.

Shy

Fair enough. Even though GMG has TPP listed as coming soon on their site, they don't sell any other Konami games digitally (at least in the US region.) so I wonder if they'll really start selling it.
That entry has went up the same day as the gamescom motherbase video. :(

raven777

Well once you have the best launchers it takes like 2 hits for all story vehicles, but first time though you should consider using stealth and capturing them.

It's possible to do it without supply drops early game, but it's really difficult and you have to know what you're doing. You shouldn't worry about rank the first time you face the vehicles, just go rambo.

Thanks. I will just kill them using supply drops I guess. The boss battles weren't really fun so far.

Rajang

Congrats!

tumblr_lkcaniD5H01qcq2vho1_500.gif

Ozium

Shy's monetary funds are stored on a microchip and requires several clandestine operations and intelligence activity to retrieve it.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I gotta share this. From PW tapes:

Miller: Snake, you familiar with the Japanese word "kotodama"?

Snake: Kotodama...?

Miller: Unfortunately, there's no direct equivalent in English... But to keep it simple, let's call it a sort of "Battle Cry."

Snake: "Battle Cry," huh?

Miller: Right. But, Kotodama is actually a deep Japanese concept. "Koto" means word, and "dama" means spirit. It signifies that words have power that affect our reality...

Snake: Ah... You feeling OK?

Miller: Guess I made it sound kind of like mumbo-jumbo, huh. Seriously, though, haven't you ever felt energized when a teammate cheered you on? Or - the other way around - ever had your legs cut out from under you by a thoughtless remark?

Snake: I know the feeling. Words can have a powerful mental effect on people.

Miller: Same goes for CO-OPS Comms. Offering praise to somebody could make them run faster than usual. Or make somebody who thinks they're done for get up and fight again... See what I'm saying?

Snake: I get the picture. So it works in reverse, too.

Miller: The powers of words are many and varied. Try using them for yourself.

Oooo

Back to hiding.

The quickest, most efficient way to explain the convoluted story arc of Metal Gear to someone who has never played: Big Boss = Darth Vader. Solid Snake = Luke Skywalker. Bam.

wait no, that implies the series isn't good until Metal Gear

This is intended primarily for the instance when someone (one of my friends who has never played Metal Gear) asks me why Solid Snake and Big Boss look similar, and why Big Boss -- who was once a "good guy" -- becomes a villain.

Inversely, you can use Metal Gear's plot to explain the relationship between Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker to someone who has never watched Star Wars. Whichever is applicable in either case.

I'm sort of halfway joking here.

P.S. - I appreciate your subtle humor.

Blablurn

Can u imagine Kojima sitting alone in his editing studio? Doing the last MGS trailer. Finishing the fight. A glas of wine next to him. Tears on his shirt. Misery? Can you imagine what he is going through now?

From another forum:

Spanish magazine HobbyConsolas gave the game a 97 out of 100.

Negative points:

- Spanish translation sucks.
- Not as moving as other MGS titles (?)

The reviewer states that this is the best stealth game ever.

Also he says that the plot twists will destroy all expectations and will be a big conversation subject in the community.

From what I gather the reviewer is a big MGS fan so theres that.

CassSept

Shit, I just started Ground Zeroes on my PC and while the game is gorgeous I think I'm getting some light motion sickness, first time it happened to me while playing any game ever :(

The Phantom Pain is using quite a lot of shaky cam too, right?

E: Either that, or I just experienced uncanny valley, non-organic elements looked freakishly good

Shy

49 pages left....

I really should finish OT4. Also, I wonder if we'll reach it before TPP launches since the thread is in turbo mode from time to time now.
I don't know if you saw my previous post or not, but when you get to make the FOB thread, please make it a combined FOB/MGO thread. Please.

If you did see my last post, i'm really sorry, i hope you don't think i'm bugging you.

slash3584

Small Update:

New info about one of the negatives of the HC review:

The reviewer feels the game does not closes off the saga as satisfactory as he would've hoped

Vally

Which french magazine is that?97 is really good.can someone translate?

Wait its spanish right?

Yep it's Spanish, basically it says that it's without a doubt the game of the year and possibly game of the generation (a bit soon to say that imo but whatever :p).

usp84

Yep it's Spanish, basically it says that it's without a doubt the game of the year and possibly game of the generation (a bit soon to say that imo but whatever :p).

Thats great!Do0oes the article have the usual possitive/negative list?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom