• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Houndi101

Not sure if I should leave whole Gaf at this point
Then again I'm not gonna finish the game in a night or maybe even during the week it comes out
Maybe I should just succumb to the spoilers....

Alienous

DON'T DISCUSS SPOILERS HERE, EVEN MARKED.

Sorry for the caps.

And no more spoiler tagging non-spoilers.

We need to be strict about that in this thread.

I don't even what to know what you think of the spoilers. Too much room for accidentally spoilers like "Man, the final mission, the boss in that sounds so cool". Nothing. Nada. Keep it all in that thread.

Spoiler-free zone, here.

Banzai

Turns out I'm too weak-willed not to click on MGS threads. Will have to scratch that itch by hanging out here.
I don't trust the gamescom thread. I'm scared I won't make it to release without being spoiled...

Banzai

lol kinda exciting though.

We're all brothers in arms, sitting in the trenches, hoping desperately not to get hit by the bombs. After sunday the carpet bombing starts.

Strafer please, I don't want this in here. Even the answer to that will build expactions or disappointments, so please don't discuss anything spoiler related here.

This.

No discussions related to spoilers should be the top post of every page in fact.

can we stop with this bullshit, you cant compare scores from different times they could give super mario 10/10 XX years ago don't mean its better than order 1886 :->

I know. The Peace walker score was also based on the time of it's release and in comparison to other handheld titles out that time.

I was just being nit picky. :p

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Hobbyconsolas reviews:

Bloodborne - 93
The Witcher 3 - 95
Batman Arkham Knight - 95
MGSV:TPP - 97

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I take it the GAME and Amazon hardcover guides have the exact same content and they just have different covers?
I'm thinking of going with the GAME one since the cover is so much nicer.

GAME Hardcover Guide:
406318_gen_a.png

Amazon Hardcover Guide:
41DkpZBANtL.jpg

Nope but Super Mario 64 got a score of "--", I guess it must had blown their minds so much that they didn't even write a number

Same for MGS4. I suppose they started reviewing games sometime after 2008-09.

The highest score they've given to a game is 97 for SSB Wii U, which is the same score as TPP.

http://www.metacritic.com/publication/hobby-consolas?filter=games&num_items=100&sort_options=critic_score&page=1

Peace Walker got a 98.

raven777

Do you know if Steam version will have the choice to pick Japanese voices and English subtitles?

I think GZ had both Japanese and English voice in one version so yea you could play as Japanese voice with English subtitles. Not sure if it's the same with TPP but it probably is.

But for PC version of GZ, when you change the language the save doesn't carry over so you had to make a new save file I think.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Guys just hide the spoiler thread with this tool:

self-control

well you can misclick too, happened to me before, thankfully i could close the thread before seeing anything, shit is dangerous man.

But this script is just awesome, you hide the thread and can't see it anymore, it's like that thread doesn't exist.

MrS

Banned
well you can misclick too, happened to me before, thankfully i could close the thread before seeing anything, shit is dangerous man.

But this script is just awesome, you hide the thread and can't see it anymore, it's like that thread doesn't exist.
Yeah, there's a lot of stuff in there now so I'd advise anybody who doesn't want to know to use Sn4ke's link.
Well Hopefully the spoilers are fake :( also i hide the thread.
As explained to you in the other thread, these aren't just theories - they're actual photos/scans from the official guide.

Alienous

One more time, just for people who might not be aware.

Please only speak about anything learnt from the strategy guide leak in the spoiler thread. Anything, no matter how minor.

No mission counts. No 'amount of weapons/equipment'. No locations. No amount of bosses. No nothing, outside of that thread.

What you might think is inconsequential can change another person's view of the game going in, so just don't.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom