• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rarely last minute deals before launch. Maybe a couple months after the fact, maybe Black Friday-ish, but rarely pre-release.

It still doesn't stop me from worrying and being a cheap bastard like myself, I'll always be waiting. Then again, I could just pre-order and cancel if a better deal comes up.

my ps4 CE says it wont be with me until the 7th or 8th thank god I'm getting it on steam as well

Same, I ended up cancelling a preorder for FO4 to pay for a PC copy of MGSV.

Works out great since the unlock time for that is around 10AM Colorado time on the 31st, since it unlocks on 9/1 New Zealand time which ends up being about 12pm US East Coast on the 31st. It should take around 30 minutes for me to download it and start playing on the 31st, wooo.

Same, I ended up cancelling a preorder for FO4 to pay for a PC copy of MGSV.

Works out great since the unlock time for that is around 10AM Colorado time on the 31st, since it unlocks on 9/1 New Zealand time which ends up being about 12pm US East Coast on the 31st. It should take around 30 minutes for me to download it and start playing on the 31st, wooo.

yeah looking at 7am on the 31st i'm central time

yeah looking at 7am on the 31st i'm central time

Damn son, you will be the first of like tons of people to play TPP. xD

I'm jelly, but at the same time at least I know I will be playing a mere hours later and I'll have a pretty much full day to play well before release.

Can't wait to play the Hospital scene, there is so much mystery in this game and honestly I can't wait to see how it all plays out. Every time I think about that my hype shoots through the roof and then I remember the fact there is an entire game within a game within a game between the open world, the side ops, motherbase, and the FOB You-got-Dark-Souls-in-my-Metal-Gear invasions.

pahamrick

I really hope the 12am NZ unlock time is true. With my connection I should be able to download within about 30 minutes. All day Monday playing MGSV instead of waiting for Tuesday? Mmm.

Shy

I really hope the 12am NZ unlock time is true. With my connection I should be able to download within about 30 minutes. All day Monday playing MGSV instead of waiting for Tuesday? Mmm.
Will i have to use an VPN, i'm in the UK, or when it unlocks in NZ will automatically unlock in the UK, without me having to do anything. ?

realcZk

It'll be amazing if true. I'm a little skeptical but I'd love to be able to play right when I get off work instead of waiting till Tuesday.

pahamrick

Will i have to use an VPN, i'm in the UK, or when it unlocks in NZ will automatically unlock in the UK, without me having to do anything. ?

I'm going to assume a VPN will be needed, yeah. You *should* be able to use a NZ VPN to connect to Steam, start the download then disconnect the VPN to get your full download speed. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

I normally have only used a VPN to unlock preloads.

Shy

I'm going to assume a VPN will be needed, yeah. You *should* be able to use a NZ VPN to connect to Steam, start the download then disconnect the VPN to get your full download speed. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

I normally have only used a VPN to unlock preloads.
K, i've never used one before.

Spaghetti

came back to the community thread because it's not looking as spoilery as i thought it would be at this stage. i'll probably peace out before it gets too dangerous again.

no VPN needed according to that guy's tweet

Alien: Isolation worked the same way...

praise GABEN
this.

robert's tweets definitely indicated that we could start the download when it goes live in NZ, VPN or not. i'm sure there's a reason why he can't just outright say yes though.

Shy

no VPN needed according to that guy's tweet

Alien: Isolation worked the same way...

praise GABEN
6TVyApz.gif

Zambatoh

Ugh...I gotta wait 'till 1 PM just to download it. What a pain...

Even though it probably won't take me more then 20 minutes to download it.

Shy

Question.
If i do get the game early, and i take some pic as proof, would you guys be cool with the title screen as one of the pics, as in not say i'm spoilering anything. ?

Question.
If i do get the game early, and i take some pic as proof, would you guys be cool with the title screen as one of the pics, as in not say i'm spoilering anything. ?

Don't you dare even think about fucking spoiling the glorious title screen. Seeing it for the first time is PIVOTAL to the day one experience.

But seriously, yea sure, why not.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Question.

sure, as long as it doesnt feature
young Solid Snake
Kappa

raven777

Yeah, you should.

If you need help with some of the vehicle missions, let me know. Alot of the boss battles are balanced around coop.

Yea sure thanks. Are they even beatable solo without supply drops? I always run out of ammos, especially at the moment I can only carry 2 weapons.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Yea sure thanks. Are they even beatable solo without supply drops? I always run out of ammos, especially at the moment I can only carry 2 weapons.

Well once you have the best launchers it takes like 2 hits for all story vehicles, but first time though you should consider using stealth and capturing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom