• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erban1

practically frothing at the mouth waiting. no other game is cutting it for me right now, i'm solely focused on playing this.

Same...it's getting to be painful now that it's so close...crazy the last 3 years flew by, now we're almost to the finish line and the anticipation is killing me

RangerBAD

Well, her parents were killed in 1979... Of course that could be retcon'ed, but we do know she had interactions with Big Boss in Mozambique.

wilsonda

I doubt they'll remove TPP ever since it's going to continue giving 'em money as opposed to PT which was free.

Still, I prefer the physical version for TPP as I'd love to just see the copy on my table even when I'm not playing it.

I normally love physical copies for collecting but the tpp cover art is ugly imo... I've seen the alternate covers available but I think I'm just gonna go digital... when I play mgo there is a chance I'll be moving my ps4 form living room to computer desk so I dont want to worry about a disk.

I think I'll just invest in a nice tpp art book for my coffee table along with my art book for mgs3

Tzmhero

So... something I thought about that has been bugging me recently. Why would He have his prosthetic hand when he wakes up? I mean... I'm assuming there is a time skip from his first awakening we see with the nurse followed by the Doctor telling him he's been asleep for Nine years, but then we see a shot of him looking at the claw hand he's given... but why would he have that?

Why would he have the claw hand at all? he can barely move... i'm having to assume that they didn't have it on him when he first wakes up... so is there a period of time we haven't seen where he is recovering after the wake up but before the hospital attack?

I dunno, it's such an odd thing. Great visual... but still odd.

Also... there is something about the lens flares we see. We keep seeing the multi band flares... makes me wonder if its some kind of programming. Like, we see them at very specific scenes.

One I pointed out before being when Snake turns and suddenly SF is standing there. I feel like they are meant to be noticed for some reason... Like in Bioshock Infinite, when Booker would suddenly get nose bleeds, it meant something important.

Tzmhero

Another thing leapt out at me while watching the last E3 trailer. We see a man who has what looks like an earbud stuck in his throat... perhaps changing their voice?

We never see Snake's neck fully after what we see in the hospital, it's always covered up in some way. how do we know a similar thing hasn't been done to him to make him sound like BB? Perhaps that's why he doesn't talk too much anymore, it's an imperfect voice changer, only working for simple pre-recorded things and not actual full statements.

That is jumping into full crazy territory now

Venom Fox

Banned
So... something I thought about that has been bugging me recently. Why would He have his prosthetic hand when he wakes up? I mean... I'm assuming there is a time skip from his first awakening we see with the nurse followed by the Doctor telling him he's been asleep for Nine years, but then we see a shot of him looking at the claw hand he's given... but why would he have that?

Why would he have the claw hand at all? he can barely move... i'm having to assume that they didn't have it on him when he first wakes up... so is there a period of time we haven't seen where he is recovering after the wake up but before the hospital attack?

I dunno, it's such an odd thing. Great visual... but still odd.

Also... there is something about the lens flares we see. We keep seeing the multi band flares... makes me wonder if its some kind of programming. Like, we see them at very specific scenes.

One I pointed out before being when Snake turns and suddenly SF is standing there. I feel like they are meant to be noticed for some reason... Like in Bioshock Infinite, when Booker would suddenly get nose bleeds, it meant something important.
Personally I know the answers to everything you posted but I ain't saying shit in here to protect my brothers.
Your whole post is telling me that your trying to goad someone into slipping up and talking about a spoiler. Not gonna happen in here because you'll be banned. I don't think discussions like this are healthy if we wanna keep this place spoiler free.

Maybe someone should PM a mod to add a no spoilers or ban tag to the title of the thread?
Sorry if it sounded harsh, just that we can't trust someone to say "hey, this is what happens" it'll ruin everything for everyone.

Personally I know the answers to everything you posted but I ain't saying shit in here to protect my brothers.
Your whole post is telling me that your trying to goad someone into slipping up, not gonna happen in here because you'll be banned. I don't think discussions like this are healthy if we wanna keep this place spoiler free.

Maybe someone should PM a mod to add a no spoilers or ban tag to the title of the thread?

You have played the game?

MajorTom

Your whole post is telling me that your trying to goad someone into slipping up and talking about a spoiler. Not gonna happen in here because you'll be banned. I don't think discussions like this are healthy if we wanna keep this place spoiler free.

Sorry if it sounded harsh, just that we can't trust someone to say "hey, this is what happens" it'll ruin everything for everyone.

I just know stuff. Stuff that'll make your eyes bleed. No but seriously, I'm trying to prevent anyone from coming in and trying to answer his or anyone else's questions.

Shhhhhhhhhh

Tzmhero

That wasn't the case at all, I'm not trying to goad anyone. I've actually been thinking about this stuff and wanted to help start some talk with people on something I haven't seen brought up yet.

I don't want to know the answers to the questions... I want to theorize :)

Sorry if it came across the wrong way.

Believe me, trying to get people to slip up or dig for answers is the last thing I want. I'm sorry, this is not what I want.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
That wasn't the case at all, I'm not trying to goad anyone. I've actually been thinking about this stuff and wanted to help start some talk with people on something I haven't seen brought up yet.

I don't want to know the answers to the questions... I want to theorize :)

Sorry if it came across the wrong way.

Believe me, trying to get people to slip up or dig for answers is the last thing I want. I'm sorry, this is not what I want.

Sorry but we're past that time where we can theorize about stuff, the real story and what will happen is out in the wild, it's too dangerous now to talk about that stuff.

Now it's all about hype and counting down the days.

Rajang

ZsxQ2ME.gif

MGS V is coming, brothers. Are you guys calling out sick from work/cut classes?

I work at video games store and on the contrary I asked to work that day.
I would wear my MGS V shirt and cry with respect to every man coming to get a game.
And than later that night I would dive right in.

Tcab96

MGS V is coming, brothers. Are you guys calling out sick from work/cut classes?

Nope. Gotta keep up in my classes. Hate to miss class. But hopefully I can get it at midnight and play it all night and crash in the afternoon since my class doesn't start until 5PM on Tuesday. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom