• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cathcart

I got some special snacks for launch day.

snQOqjv.jpg

Nice. Picked up three packs myself. Ate so many of those when I was in Japan this year lol.

Great fan-made trailer with an awesome song. His voice reminds me of Troy Baker lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqI1ZC4V_cw

Excellent trailer, thanks for sharing!

I may have to bow out of the community thread until I finish the game though. So many people apparently just can't go without spreading spoilers around, see ya guys!

I'll try to add anyone from OuterGAF not yet on my friends list before launch for the FOB force, but I think it's time to just eject from this thread now. I already know enough small details to have me worry about being spoiled on big things.

"Peace" out brothers and sisters!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Excellent trailer, thanks for sharing!

I may have to bow out of the community thread until I finish the game though. So many people apparently just can't go without spreading spoilers around, see ya guys!

I'll try to add anyone from OuterGAF not yet on my friends list before launch for the FOB force, but I think it's time to just eject from this thread now. I already know enough small details to have me worry about being spoiled on big things.

"Peace" out brothers and sisters!

Stay safe fellow Diamond Dog!

See you on the other side.

snake_salute_by_splicedup.jpg

Opto

Banned
MGSV is a series to collect and own. Digitial is nice in not having to fumble with discs, but I don't trust Konami to keep that game up forever

MGSV is a series to collect and own. Digitial is nice in not having to fumble with discs, but I don't trust Konami to keep that game up forever

I doubt they'll remove TPP ever since it's going to continue giving 'em money as opposed to PT which was free.

Still, I prefer the physical version for TPP as I'd love to just see the copy on my table even when I'm not playing it.

pahamrick

I thinking about buckling and just getting TPP from steam, not waiting for GMG, what do you guys think. ?

Well, I'd wait at least another week in case GMG puts it up, especially at a lower price. If it's not up by the 29th, I'd say go ahead and pre-order from Steam.

I thinking about buckling and just getting TPP from steam, not waiting for GMG, what do you guys think. ?

Shit. I didn't even think about that. Good point.

I would buy them on Steam if you had to choose between those two. The added GZ bonus and guaranteed game on release date is great.

Otherwise you could buy those as NVIDIA keys as Kenzodielocke already mentioned but through those key/voucher shops so you get the benefits of a cheap and instant key that you can immediately redeem.

I don't mind not getting GZ, but i am leaning towards getting it on steam though.

Didn't the tweet say something like you need to have pre-purchased the game on Steam in order for it to unlock early with NZ time or something? Don't remember it exactly. I'd say go for steam itself since there probably won't be any discount in the last 10 days on GMG. And if GMG takes long to distribute the keys, it'll just add more to download time since there's no pre-load.

pahamrick

Didn't the tweet say something like you need to have pre-purchased the game on Steam in order for it to unlock early with NZ time or something? Don't remember it exactly. I'd say go for steam itself since there probably won't be any discount in the last 10 days on GMG. And if GMG takes long to distribute the keys, it'll just add more to download time since there's no pre-load.

As long as you have the game on your account, it shouldn't matter if you got it from Steam or GMG. It's just a matter of having the key and getting the game activated on your account.

Unless Konami screws up, and only sets the SUBID for Steam store purchases live early.

Shy

You speak truth brother.

RangerBAD

So I'm throwing a theory out there that Quiet is possibly related to Naomi. We were too busy thinking of Sniper Wolf. Naomi is Rhodesian and think about what she looks like in MGS4. Quiet doesn't have to come from Rhodesia herself. Part of MGSV takes place in Africa and we have the Rhodesian Ridgeback being the symbol for Diamond Dogs too.

Didn't know where else to post this.

brau

So I'm throwing a theory out there that Quiet is possibly related to Naomi. We were too busy thinking of Sniper Wolf. Naomi is Rhodesian and think about what she looks like in MGS4. Quiet doesn't have to come from Rhodesia herself. Part of MGSV takes place in Africa and we have the Rhodesian Ridgeback being the symbol for Diamond Dogs too.

So how does this tie to
Chico
being Quiet?

Shy

I hope not, i hate it when everybody is related. It makes the universe feel smaller.

Fellow UK/Irish MGS fans, where are you buying the game? I'm thinking The Game Collection because they're known for shipping early. I've noticed Amazon have gotten really slow with delivery unless you opt for day one delivery which I won't because I'm cheap.

Opto

Banned

Rhodesia/Zimbabwe is pretty close to where I think MGSV's African environment is taking place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom