• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
robert-downey-jr-laugh-mustache.gif

Its addictive.

I really don't want to know anything about anything when going into the game. But when there's all these theories and stuff running around I can't help but look. But I'm trying to be strong haha.

10!!

'No spoiler related or hypothetical discussions about the story/gameplay mechanics or areas allowed here till 9/1. This is a safe place from spoilers to please try to keep it so.'

Eh, please don't skim through the spoiler thread then ask things like this.

Either way you are confirming or denying something that would be a prevalent talking point in that thread, by doing so with the comfort in which you ask that.

Not really but I edited my post. There's nothing out there that proves if it's true or not.

pahamrick

This... plus me asking questions about Hayter not being in the game. I wish someone would reply already.

Hayter is not in the game. This is not the voice actor you are looking for.

I'm still Team A. A MGS game without Hayter in some form just feels wrong to me.

Not really but I edited my post. There's nothing out there that proves if it's true or not.

Yeah but it does point in some direction whether you meant it or not. Let's just avoid discussing what may or may not be till 9/1 and only discuss what we know for sure.

Just trying to keep this place safe's all.

Alienous

Fair enough, but that's the kind of thing that can get tricky in the coming days.

You entering the spoiler thread and that not being a topic of discussion there would lead me to think that what you suggested isn't a thing that happens (if it were it would probably be the talk of the topic). It wouldn't surprise me, but it's an easy assessment to make.

How many fucking times do I have to write, that any discussion about spoilers belong in the spoiler thread.

And don't come here and say: "WOAH, WHAT I READ THERE WAS AWESOME/BAD"

Fuck off with that, thanks.

Alienous

How many fucking times do I have to write, that any discussion about spoilers belong in the spoiler thread.

And don't come here and say: "WOAH, WHAT I READ THERE WAS AWESOME/BAD"

Fuck off with that, thanks.

Nah, this one wasn't that bad.

It's just a gray line thing we need to iron out. Now that spoilers are out there story speculation ought to slow down; there's too much chance of an answer (or a non-answer) revealing things,

"I'm wondering if there will be any psychological bosses"

"You won't be disappointed"

(Note, that's just a hypothetical question/answer I created)

That sort of thing can get tricky now. A person's coyness, or willingness to answer something, can be revealing.

It's just a gray line thing we need to iron out. Now that spoilers are out there story speculation ought to slow down; there's too much chance of an answer (or a non-answer) revealing things,

That sort of thing can get tricky now. A person's coyness, or willingness to answer something, can be revealing.
Well maybe, that's not the point. It shouldn't be in here at all. I could leave here and click on nothing MGS related the next 10 days, but I don't want that. I want this place to stay safe haven.

That's why I think whoever gets the first post on a page should edit in 'No spoiler related or hypothetical discussions about the story/gameplay mechanics or areas allowed here till 9/1. This is a safe place from spoilers so please try to keep it so.' Something similar to that.

I know it won't do a lot but it should do at least enough to avoid something major.

I hope we start our countdown soon and just focus the discussion on previous games and the History of Metal Gear, and stuff.

That's why I think whoever gets the first post on a page should edit in 'No spoiler related or hypothetical discussions about the story/gameplay mechanics or areas allowed here till 9/1. This is a safe place from spoilers to please try to keep it so.' Something similar to that.

I know it won't do a lot but it should do at least enough to avoid something major.

I hope we start our countdown soon and just focus the discussion on previous games and the History of Metal Gear, and stuff.

I did that :] And I didn't know you guys don't want to have discussions about the game here anymore.

Tcab96

That's why I think whoever gets the first post on a page should edit in 'No spoiler related or hypothetical discussions about the story/gameplay mechanics or areas allowed here till 9/1. This is a safe place from spoilers so please try to keep it so.' Something similar to that.

I'll make sure to do that if I happen be at the top page.

I did that :] And I didn't know you guys don't want to have discussions about the game here anymore.

Thanks. And we're all about TPP discussions like the stuff from the trailers and gameplay footages, how you intend to play and what you think of the stuff we know for sure etc., but nothing that may hint to anything. Now that everyplace else's full of spoilers it's hard to keep a place safe.

Alienous

I appreciate it. And no, you wouldn't have known, it's all boundaries being created as we go.

Story speculation too easily bleeds into confirmations or denials, even accidental ones. We're trying to be strict on minimizing potential spoilers in this thread, so we're keeping discussion more generally focused on Metal Gear as a whole, and on MGSV things that are known.

I'm trying so hard not to peak the spoilers thread, i was juggling around a page number to click, check and bail and the only reason stopping me is that i have'nt had lunch yet.

I'm really looking forward to the launch trailer. I said I won't watch it but the hype is too high. And it's Kojima's final MGS trailer so it's only fair to watch.

Tcab96

I'm really looking forward to the launch trailer. I said I won't watch it but the hype is too high. And it's Kojima's final MGS trailer so it's only fair to watch.

So will I. I kind of don't want to, but kind of do. I'm too excited not to watch. I need all the metal gear I can get.

And I just really like movie/video game trailers.

brau

85TOPA2.png

Tweet
Website with rules for entry

The Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Steam Giveaway

To celebrate the release of The Phantom Pain, Junker HQ has teamed up with the man Brau to give away four Steam copies of the game! To enter, tweet a photo of your Metal Gear collection, no matter how big or small, with the hashtag #MGSVgiveaway. Make sure the photo contains a piece of paper with your Twitter handle written on it.

The competition runs every day from Monday 24th August to Thursday 27th August. Submissions for each day must be tweeted by 2200 GMT.
The prize each day is a Steam copy of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.
One winner will be selected at random each day.
Only one entry per Twitter account per day. Winners are not eligible to enter on subsequent day(s).
Good luck!

(Good luck?)

So will I. I kind of don't want to, but kind of do. I'm too excited not to watch. I need all the metal gear I can get.

And I just really like movie/video game trailers.

I agree. I hope it's released by the end of tomorrow. I don't want to wait until launch day to watch it.

Brau, expect to see my awesome huge MGS collection. Figurines and all that.

Shy

Stupid GMG not having it yet and stupid friend not getting back to me yet, letting me know if he can hook me with an early copy. In short, fuck my life. :_:

Vally

How in the hell does Dan Ryckert not recognize Miller in the TPP trailers... 'that guy with the beret must be Campbell' smh

wilsonda

Decisions... my local gamestop is doing a midnight release. I was planning on going digital but the idea that it unlocks at 3 am est means I probably would just play in the am rather than stay up... if I go physical I could be playing by 1 am but then I've got a disc to worry about...

I am probably still going digital...

Edit: already took the day off work so either way I'll be playing all day, except for gym and meal time

brau

Decisions... my local gamestop is doing a midnight release. I was planning on going digital but the idea that it unlocks at 3 am est means I probably would just play in the am rather than stay up... if I go physical I could be playing by 1 am but then I've got a disc to worry about...

I am probably still going digital...

Edit: already took the day off work so either way I'll be playing all day, except for gym and meal time

I would go pick it up.

Houndi101

How in the hell does Dan Ryckert not recognize Miller in the TPP trailers... 'that guy with the beret must be Campbell' smh

Jesus was just watching the same thing and was coming to post something about it
That's their resident MGS fanboy for christ sake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom