• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's probably going to take me so long to finish this game with all the side stuff that I probably will end up being spoiled before finishing it. I'll be hanging out in the OT non-stop that it may be an inevitability unless everyone in there is not an asshole.

FYI

Apparently the UAE gets the game Sunday? Read it on the MGS Subreddit. Might want to be extra careful after this weekend.

https://www.reddit.com/r/metalgearsolid/comments/3hwef0/mgsvtpp_arrive_on_saturday_in_uaethey_will/
CM9kOhWUEAAOMTy.jpg

Rynam

do the cassette tapes you've earned in GZ transfer over to TPP?

I want that ZOE song and Theme of Tara

If not, I hope at least "Beyond the Bounds" is somewhere ingame to find.

At least the soundeffect of the "Arm of Jehuty" arm for big boss is from Beyond the Bounds

Lol same here, I turn on the ps3, look at the list of games and turn off the console again because none of those games are TPP

I bought DmC to play until the release but I lost interest. Not that it's a horrible game or anything, it's actually great! But I can't play it. I also got TW3 from gamefly, got stuck somewhere, and just returned it and cancelled my free trial.

GIVE ME TPP ALREADY!

Don't tag anything that's already shown in an official video. Or don't post it if it's a possible spoiler. Sorry, them's the rules.

And yeah I think the important story ones will definitely transfer. Can't say much about about the music tapes.

I bought DmC to play until the release but I lost interest. Not that it's a horrible game or anything, it's actually great! But I can't play it. I also got TW3 from gamefly, got stuck somewhere, and just returned it and cancelled my free trial.

GIVE ME TPP ALREADY!

You can always go play Ground Zeroes, again. :p

Gamescom 2015 FOB presentation spoiler:
At least the soundeffect of the "Arm of Jehuty" arm for big boss is from Beyond the Bounds

It undoubtedly will be! Kojima has put it in the last three MGS releases so good chance!

Rynam

Don't tag anything that's already shown in an official video. Or don't post it if it's a possible spoiler. Sorry, them's the rules.

And yeah I think the important story ones will definitely transfer. Can't say much about about the music tapes.

Oh ok, Did miss that rule somehow, thanks for reminding.

Shy

Yeah. I'm sure there may be a mom&pop shop selling it somewhere if you look hard enough.
I can't do that unfortunately. For reasons.
I'm complete reliant on some i know for the early hook up.
Though I would totally avoid twitch
If it's anything like how it was with GZ, it'll be a bunch of Rambos running around like it's fucking C.O.D. *sigh*

Venom Fox

Banned
I'm dissapointed in you.
I'm sorry Raj, :(
FYI

Apparently the UAE gets the game Sunday? Read it on the MGS Subreddit. Might want to be extra careful after this weekend.

https://www.reddit.com/r/metalgearsolid/comments/3hwef0/mgsvtpp_arrive_on_saturday_in_uaethey_will/

For anyone who tries to spoil the game.

CM8oJZFU8AE54gS.jpg:large
Right, guys. I'm not spoiling anything or mentioning anything spoilery or anything like that. I wouldn't do that to you all. Ever. Period. I just wanted ask for all you guys seals of approval to tell you why you don't have to worry.
I will do it by PM even, to keep our community clean. Those of you who want to know why you shouldn't have to worry, you can PM me and I'll tell you. My PM WILL NOT contain any spoilers whatsoever about anything related to story, characters etc and I WILL NOT PM anyone unless they specifically ask me to.

Furthermore, if this is a bad idea, just slap me and call me silly.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I can't do that unfortunately. For reasons.
I'm complete reliant on some i know for the early hook up.

If it's anything like how it was with GZ, it'll be a bunch of Rambos running around like it's fucking C.O.D. *sigh*

When will you get the game?

MattyG

Banned
Yeah. I'm sure there may be a mom&pop shop selling it somewhere if you look hard enough.

Though I would totally avoid twitch
I wish there were mom and pops around where I lived. My best hope right now is that Amazon fucks up and ships out my CE early
not gonna happen.

BROTHERS

I opened the spoiler thread today, I was weak. I backed out as soon as I entered, but still. If I opened it once what stops me from opening it again ;_; ;_;?

Oh ok, Did miss that rule somehow, thanks for reminding.

It's only effective till 9/1, so there's that. :]

Tired of GZ too tbh. I have over 50 hours on it. Pretty much have done anything and everything.

Aha. Well you can always Hard mode cqc only helecopter fulton everyone you see in the game, restart if you get spotted. That should keep you busy. :p

Just don't, don't do it to yourself man.

Listen to this man, he speaks from regret.

So it's highly possible that some stores in my country will have the game on the 28th. Should I break street day and buy it if that's the case? or should I keep waiting with everyone else?

Sn4ke_911

I have a deal with a local shop near me, I'm awaiting their delivery, but last I heard it won't be the 7 days I was told, it could be 4-5 days early.

And yes, if I do get it early I will stream.

I honestly don't know. Sorry.

OK, just a quick heads up guys, when you get the game early and you want to talk about it you have to proof that you actually own the game, meaning post a picture of the box with a piece of paper that has your name on it or something like that.

That rule only applies to when the game isn't officially out yet. At least that is how it was before, not sure if something has changed.

Shy

OK, just a quick heads up guys, when you get the game early and you want to talk about it you have to proof that you actually own the game, meaning post a picture of the box with a piece of paper that has your name on it or something like that.

That rule only applies to when the game isn't officially out yet. At least that is how it was before, not sure if something has changed.
I was already going to do that, as well as a pic of the tittle screen.

Vally

So it's highly possible that some stores in my country will have the game on the 28th. Should I break street day and buy it if that's the case? or should I keep waiting with everyone else?

I don't think anyone here would wait it they were in your shoes lol, if you can but it earlier go for it!

Sn4ke_911

I was already going to do that, as well as a pic of the tittle screen.

Uh then i want to be out when you post that, seeing a title screen for the first time is always special to me so i really don't wanna see that.

Yes we have seen Snake in the helicopter but i highly doubt this will be the start screen.

Venom Fox

Banned
Listen to this man, he speaks from regret.
lol, I've sat here all day and condemned for it. I shouldn't have looked.
pm me brother
Will do.

I will do, you lot will be the first to know.
It'll only be a pic of the disc with my name and Outergaf on the a piece of paper and a brief description of how the manual smells lmao

so metal gear gaf, i want to play through this series. I've heard all the praise over the years and I've finally decided to check it out.

I want to buy the Legacy Collection for my PS3 because it includes all the games. Is it better to do this than buy the HD collection? What's the difference other than the HD collection not including 4 and 1?

Uh then i want to be out when you post that, seeing a title screen for the first time is always special to me so i really don't wanna see that.

Yes we have seen Snake in the helicopter but i highly doubt this will be the start screen.

We could always just post a link of the album that includes any ingame images. And post a photo of the box here, but only the front.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom