• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shy

Uh then i want to be out when you post that, seeing a title screen for the first time is always special to me so i really don't wanna see that.

Yes we have seen Snake in the helicopter but i highly doubt this will be the start screen.
I don't want to ruin it for you, how about i put that pic behind a tag, and above it i clearly label it saying the spoiler is the tittle screen. Would that be cool. ?
cKtNEFH.gif

me right now :p
Fucking lol. Me too.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I don't want to ruin it for you, how about i put that pic behind a tag, and above it i clearly label it saying the spoiler is the tittle screen. Would that be cool. ?

Oh that would be perfect, thanks Shy.

Vally

so metal gear gaf, i want to play through this series. I've heard all the praise over the years and I've finally decided to check it out.

I want to buy the Legacy Collection for my PS3 because it includes all the games. Is it better to do this than buy the HD collection? What's the difference other than the HD collection not including 4 and 1?

The Legacy Collection also includes Metal Gear Solid: VR missions and digital graphic novels for MGS1 and MGS2. If you can buy the Legacy collection it's definitely better than the HD collection

I don't think anyone here would wait it they were in your shoes lol, if you can but it earlier go for it!

Yeah, I don't know what's going on with me. I want the game right now, but I was so counting down the days, going through every game (at the end of MGS3, still 4 and PW to go), that I'm somehow hesitating lol

I was watching fan trailers, this one is so epic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6wY0rT29zA

I'd really love if after the
hospital
opening mission we see a James Bond-like intro with Sins of the Father. It's just perfect for it.

Sn4ke_911

I'd really love if after the
hospital
opening mission we see a James Bond-like intro with Sins of the Father. It's just perfect for it.

Me too but what worries me, someone at the review event said there was no Kyle Cooper intro.

So what does that mean? we know Cooper was clearly working on it, did Konami tell them to cut it from the game because it shows a bunch of Kojima Productions stuff names or what? I really really hope that's not the case.

2015-08-2203_24_26-riadshs.png

Me too but what worries me, someone at the review event said there was no Kyle Cooper intro.

So what does that mean? we know Cooper was clearly working on it, did Konami tell them to cut it from the game because it shows a bunch of Kojima Productions stuff names or what? I really really hope that's not the case.

:( let's hope there is.

Alienous

I hope so too, the MGS2 and MGS3 intro was so amazing.

Sins of the Father + the Kyle Cooper opening sequence is legit one of my most anticipated things about MGSV, so I hope it's just a case of the review event version of the game having that edited out.

That would be a huge disappointment.

Yeah, I don't know what's going on with me. I want the game right now, but I was so counting down the days, going through every game (at the end of MGS3, still 4 and PW to go), that I'm somehow hesitating lol

I was watching fan trailers, this one is so epic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6wY0rT29zA

I'd really love if after the hospital opening mission we see a James Bond-like intro with Sins of the Father. It's just perfect for it.

Sorry to sound like a broken record but don't tag things we already know. Gotta keep this place safe of any potential spoiler's all. :p

And I hope so too, I don't think we'll get a MGS3-like intro, still not sure whether that'll fit in with the tone. One can hope for a MGS2 intro though.

Didn't someone say that they cut all of that TV show esque stuff at the start of a mission?
You could be on to something Sn4ke.

For reals? He'll really have to dig in deep to remove every Kojima reference. I remember there were even ingame posters with Kojima's name in the GDC2013 reveal of TPP.

Sn4ke_911

Sins of the Father + the Kyle Cooper opening sequence is legit one of my most anticipated things about MGSV, so I hope it's just a case of the review event version of the game having that edited out.

That would be a huge disappointment.

Agreed, imagine all the X-Ray and phantom limbs images while Sins of the Father plays. Goddamn.

But there is still hope since the ending was not in that review build they played at the event. So HOPEFULLY it's in the retail version of the game.

Sn4ke_911

Didn't someone say that they cut all of that TV show esque stuff at the start of a mission?
You could be on to something Sn4ke.

Here is the thing, i remember Greg Miller saying the credits stuff at the beginning will get changed/removed but in the review build it was still in there if i remember correctly. I'm trying to find who said that.

Ah found it:

2015-08-2203_37_23-yotoslr.png

2015-08-2203_37_13-yow1sjt.png

Now the question is if Kojima and co are still in those credits, if not then i can see the Kyle Cooper intro being removed because the names and developer in that intro doesn't exist anymore :(

Venom Fox

Banned
Shit, did it? I didn't like the idea of the TV show stuff, but it'll be very interesting if they pulled it.
Yeah they pulled it. It was info from the other days boot camp stuff.
Honestly, I thought the credits for every mission was dumb and unnecessary so I wouldn't mind if it was gone.
Yeah I agree, I also thought the TV show credits were stupid. At the start of a chapter then maybe but after and before every mission? Man that would have been tiring.
For reals? He'll really have to dig in deep to remove every Kojima reference. I remember there were even ingame posters with Kojima's name in the GDC2013 reveal of TPP.
Yep it's been removed.

Alienous

The mission opening credits being gone would be a positive, imo.

"Starring Soviet Guard A" would probably stop being charming by the fifteenth time you see it.

Agreed, imagine all the X-Ray and phantom limbs images while Sins of the Father plays. Goddamn.

But there is still hope since the ending was not in that review build they played at the event. So HOPEFULLY it's in the retail version of the game.

Didn't Yong/someone else say that it was the retail build with only the ending removed? I hope you're right though. D:

Yeah they pulled it. It was info from the other days boot camp stuff.

Yeah I agree, I also thought the TV show credits were stupid. At the start of a chapter then maybe but after and before every mission? Man that would have been tiring.

Yep it's been removed.
As Kaz once said in his fiddled state, YOU KONAMI BITCH!

NYR94

Maybe Kyle Cooper's work isn't an intro video that plays but instead titles that appear throughout the hospital opening. It sounds like a lot of trippy stuff happens there which would offer his team some creative opportunities to insert things like "A Hideo Kojima Game" within the scenery itself. So instead of watching the opening credits you play through them. The hospital has been called a tutorial by some so it could make sense to introduce the game's creators there as well.

In 2013 Cooper gave Kojima a memory card with "super cool data" on it after they had a meeting in LA.

Sn4ke_911

2015-08-2203_46_15-qavdsuc.png

:(

Didn't Yong/someone else say that it was the retail build with only the ending removed? I hope you're right though. D:

I think you can label a build as retail only when it is absolutely 100% complete but don't quote me on that.

Imagine cutting from the scene to some x-ray, fire and lens of flare graphics ala James Bond, starting right with the lyrics "Priiide..!"

Rajang

so metal gear gaf, i want to play through this series. I've heard all the praise over the years and I've finally decided to check it out.

I want to buy the Legacy Collection for my PS3 because it includes all the games. Is it better to do this than buy the HD collection? What's the difference other than the HD collection not including 4 and 1?

Definitely get The Legacy Collection. It also includes an artbook.

Loakum

Banned
Wo51n9u.gif

....I temporarily interrupt my going dark to say how much I'm proud of MGS-Gaf. Today I took a quick peek at things, and seen brothers setting aside past differences and coming together as an unified unit again. I seen a member giving away 10 free copies of Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain to fellow gaffers. I seen a member making/printing Shinkawa Art Big Boss game covers with "A Hideo Kojima Game" printed on the cover, to be shipped to fellow gamers. We may be labeled as an "unhindged" community, but we're an community that looks out for one another......We Are Diamond Dogs....and I'm proud to be among ya'll misfits.

Now...I shall fade back into darkness....see ya'll on the other side..in 10 or so days. *salutes*

I feel if there's something particularly crazy like the ending being a remake of Metal Gear 1, it will be impossible not to find out about it if you're near anything video game related on the internet.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I got an e-mail from Amazon saying I won't get my guide until probably the 6th, which I have no idea what that's all about. I'm using the free shipping option, but I did assume they'd ship early considering people are getting their's now. I don't want to look at it before I play the game, but I just wondered what the hold up was for. I also wonder how late I'm going to be expecting the CE. I got the digital version a while back just in case.

Time is really counting down to the 1st. It's almost unbelievable, but it's also about time. I use to think we'd have a much longer wait.

Kindekuma

Banned
I got an e-mail from Amazon saying I won't get my guide until probably the 6th, which I have no idea what that's all about. I'm using the free shipping option, but I did assume they'd ship early considering people are getting their's now. I don't want to look at it before I play the game, but I just wondered what the hold up was for. I also wonder how late I'm going to be expecting the CE. I got the digital version a while back just in case.

I got an email saying they'd have it arrive at my door Sept 1st. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with Amazon Prime at all. Strange :(

Time is really counting down to the 1st. It's almost unbelievable, but it's also about time. I use to think we'd have a much longer wait.

7th for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom