• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajang

It feels strangely melancholic, like my childhood is officially ending or something.

c92.jpg

Alienous

I've been thinking. I think you could fairly easily write away the 4 plot-holes I think the series still has.

Dr. Clark

Like SIGINT facing racism, just say that Paramedic found that her research was given the most credence when it seemed to be published by a male, so she presents herself as a man in all of her published materials, even to the point where others in the medical community (like Naomi Hunter) assumed that she was a man. Gray Fox could have killed her, and Naomi could have aided Gray Fox's escape, without that coming to light (because he prolly sliced her up pretty bad).

You could also say that she was forced by the (now AI controlled) Patriots to conduct the experiments. Beyond the 2000's it is the malicious AI that are pulling the strings, not Zero.

FOXHOUND -> OUTER HEAVEN -> FOXHOUND? -> OUTER HEAVEN?

I said it before, but I think all it would take is something like the following in an audio tape:

Kaz: Boss, when we thought you'd died I got an unexpected call from a former ally of yours, Campbell. He offered myself and are... remaining comrades refuge within the organisation you set up all those years ago - unofficially, of course. He set us up with with a small rig out in the ocean. It isn't much, but we'll make it enough. Diamond Dogs... our new home.

Meaning that Outer Heaven would essentially be part of FOXHOUND that went rogue. That would make the jumping back and forth make a lot more sense.

Portable Ops

Just frame it as an inaccurate telling of events that actually occurred, that seems to be how Kojima personally sees it. Perhaps tie it into Big Boss' missions becoming public knowledge between MGS2 and MGS4; perhaps it was edited by the Patriots, and that is the version of the story we got to see.

Benedict Kaz(?) McDonnell Miller

Simple one that I expect to happen in The Phantom Pain. Kaz means 'Peace', and Miller no longer represents that, so he sheds his first name and instead goes by what I presume would be the first name of his American father.

My guesses :

Dr. Clark

Retcon because (I think) Kojima didn't realise until planning MGS3 that without at least one female, the core support team would be a sausagefest.

FOXHOUND -> OUTER HEAVEN -> FOXHOUND? -> OUTER HEAVEN?

No clue, but I do think it'll be addressed. Not in the way you think it though.

Portable Ops

My guess is Ocelot may bring up the 'events' of PO where he took the balance of the Legacy for the set-up of Patriots, but he'll retell a completely different version of the event that will retcon PO... in a tape.

Benedict Kaz(?) McDonnell Miller

After events of TPP, part ways with Big Boss, abandons his Kaz nickname because it reminds him of bro-days with Big Boss.

Alienous

My guesses :
Retcon because (I think) Kojima didn't realise until planning MGS3 that without at least one female, the core support team would be a sausagefest.

It's a retcon, but I think it has a pretty good potential explanation.

No clue, but I do think it'll be addressed. Not in the way you think it though.

Yeah, I agree that we'll probably get a different explanation.

My guess is Ocelot may bring up the 'events' of PO where he took the balance of the Legacy for the set-up of Patriots, but he'll retell a completely different version of the event that will retcon PO... in a tape.

Yeah, I could see that happening.

After events of TPP, part ways with Big Boss, abandons his Kaz nickname because it reminds him of bro-days with Big Boss.

He has to be part of FOXHOUND, so they can't have a total falling out.

Review Embargo Lift
MGSV Launch Trailer Release
Greg Miller's Let's Play
Street Date Breaking Copies Out in the Wild

The next week is going to be a nightmare.

brau

Yes, but there is a high chance that some asshole will point out a spoiler out of a review and post it untagged, be aware.

i just like to read the intro, thoughts and score number in a review. never go into it. unless its Rock Paper Shotgun. and even then, i wait till i played the game. Don't want game mechanics spoiled.

No what makes you think that?

Because he's allowed to post his impressions then, no ?

Also, I think he has a review copy. Yongyea and co. were at the review booth and maybe Konami allowed only those people to talk about the game, but not for reviewers that got an actual review copy.

Edit: He confirmed it:
fmHfmYG.png

realcZk

Also, I think he has a review copy. Yongyea and co. were at the review booth and maybe Konami allowed only those people to talk about the game, but not for reviewers that got an actual review copy.

From what I read, press and youtubers/community influences were separated at the LA bootcamp event. YTers played a version of the game that did not have the ending and they were not allowed to take their saves home. Potentially other things about the version they played could have been different.

Press played on retail disks on retail PS4s, and were allowed to bring their save files and disks home to finish their progress. Press played FOB invasions during this time, presumably against Konami staff in Japan. There''s more info about it in the gamescom discussion thread in gaming.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

Edit: He confirmed it:
fmHfmYG.png

Oh interesting, thanks for the clarification.

Guess that means US and EU have a different embargo lift?

realcZk

Oh interesting, thanks for the clarification.

Guess that means US and EU have a different embargo lift?

Pretty sure its the same time, however since 8PM ET here is 2AM CET the EU sites are probably not posting them until Monday morning when they get in the office. Just a guess. They might have a different time though, which would be weird.

Pretty sure its the same time, however since 8PM ET here is 2AM CET the EU sites are probably not posting them until Monday morning when they get in the office. Just a guess. They might have a different time though, which would be weird.

The only time where germany and US had a different embargo was when Sony sent wrong times to german reviewers. This could be the case here, but I guess you're right. No normal human being (we're not normal) would read reviews at 2am in the morning ^^

Rodin

I have a question about GZ

Why does Here's to you play in that moment of the opening and during Paz's torture? I didn't catch the connection between Sacco and Vanzetti and XOF, Skull Face, Chico, Paz and the other elements of that scene. I read there are a few references to them in MGS, but for those moments maybe Kojima just liked Morricone's composition and how the music tied to those images and dialogues?

Yen

Was it Kotaku who spoiled the plot of Arkham City on launch day in a headline? Hope no publication does that for this.

Palpable

Once the embargo for reviews (videos) lifts, I will be asking you guys which ones are spoiler free, safe to watch.

I have a question about GZ

Why does Here's to you play in that moment of the opening and during Paz's torture? I didn't catch the connection between Sacco and Vanzetti and XOF, Skull Face, Chico, Paz and the other elements of that scene. I read there are a few references to them in MGS, but for those moments maybe Kojima just liked Morricone's composition and how the music tied to those images and dialogues?

It's Paz's favorite song. The story is about two Italian anarchists that are prosecuted & put to death for their beliefs. I think that greatly ties into MGS.

Was it Kotaku who spoiled the plot of Arkham City on launch day in a headline? Hope no publication does that for this.

Fuck gawker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom