• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mifec

Btw the custom names for your Mother Base are chosen from a predetermined list right? You can't just type anything you want, right?

The logo itself is fine. I just don't feel like it fits the visual evolution of what eventually becomes the Outer Heaven logo.

CMckbe2UwAA72Sh.jpg

pahamrick

The logo itself is fine. I just don't feel like it fits the visual evolution of what eventually becomes the Outer Heaven logo.

CMckbe2UwAA72Sh.jpg

I think Diamond Dogs is a perfect logo for a group of mercenaries, but I can kind of understand what you mean.

Diamond Dogs to MSF to OH would have been a better fit thematically, maybe?

Palpable

Very true, I have it downloaded, and it would be cool to keep it, but to be honest I'm too much of a pussy to play PT.

You're missing out, dude. It's great.

Well, you can back up your data and play P.T. on your limited edition PS4 ;)

Is that guarenteed to work, though? I don't want to lose it forever :(

Any info on when the review embargo lifts?

I'd like to know as well.

Probably really late on this, but it just struck me how similar the Outer Heaven logo is to the Shadaloo logo from Street Fighter.

pg0SKhW.png

Yeah, but at the same time the whole "skull& wings" combo is nothing new.

Alienous

Come to think of it, wouldn't it be Miller who came up with the Diamond Dogs name/logo where as Boss was responsible for MSF / OH?

Or would it be.

I liked the theory that it's a division of FOXHOUND that Big Boss takes over following his coma. They're both dog based units, after all.

It would also explain things like Miller and Ocelot becoming part of FOXHOUND, and why Big Boss could be able to command Outer Heaven and FOXHOUND; Outer Heaven would be an actual outfit within FOXHOUND that went rogue and began to grow seperately.

I think something like the following would suffice (all based on speculation, of course), perhaps in an audio tape:

Kaz: Boss, when we thought you'd died I got an unexpected call from a former ally of yours, Campbell. He offered myself and are... remaining comrades refuge within the organisation you set up all those years ago - unofficially, of course. He set us up with with a small rig out in the ocean. It isn't much, but we'll make it enough. Diamond Dogs... our new home.

Is that guarenteed to work, though? I don't want to lose it forever :(

It should work, yes. I haven't done it myself but people on GAF wrote that it worked.

I can't play mine, it has a lock and I don't know why. I have PS plus. Sucks. (This is on my OG PS4, I have never bought a second one FYI)

I think it's 9 am British time this Monday

I asked Schreier on Twitter, he said Sunday night. So the embargo dates a few posts earlier should be the right ones, videogamer got it wrong I think.

pahamrick

Yeah, but at the same time the whole "skull& wings" combo is nothing new.
True enough.

Or would it be.

I liked the theory that it's a division of FOXHOUND that Big Boss takes over following his coma. They're both dog based units, after all.

It would also explain things like Miller and Ocelot becoming part of FOXHOUND, and why Big Boss could be able to command Outer Heaven and FOXHOUND; Outer Heaven would be an actual outfit within FOXHOUND that went rogue.

It is a plausible theory. Especially if it was a situation where they'd only assist him in rescuing Miller if he did it.

A little more than 8 more days until we find out. This next week is going to go by so slow, I can feel it.

Error1355

Oh god there are so many spoilers being posted on GameFAQs right now.

Avoiding them are going to be so hard for me... Since I'm a GameFAQs mod. >____>

pahamrick

Well that's because Schreier is from america.

Hmm, if that is true then videogamer got it wrong.

You sure this isn't when Greg Miller's Let's Play starts?

CMyWyhCUcAAgC4q.jpg

It was the time that was being thrown around before, so I don't know. I don't see Konami allowing Let's Play videos going up when an Embargo for reviews is still up though, but hey, not like Konami makes much sense to begin with.

dan2026

I cant believe in just over a week we will get probably the last Metal Gear game ever.

It feels strangely melancholic, like my childhood is officially ending or something.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
It was the time that was being thrown around before, so I don't know. I don't see Konami allowing Let's Play videos going up when an Embargo for reviews is still up though, but hey, not like Konami makes much sense to begin with.

AFAIK this LP is an exclusive to Miller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom