• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
My question is why do people actually want to see this? Or have I just been hanging around /mgg/ too long? OuterGAF is so completely normal by comparison lol

Who wouldn't want to see this?

Snake & Kaz in the Sauna

swPKetA.jpg

LowParry

What trailers should I watch before next week? None? Go in totally blind? I know there is some base building aspects of the game and that it's a little bit more mission based, and there is a dog, and there are some levels which are a bit more open. And some character wears a bikini. But should I go in blind or watch something? DECIDE FOR ME, GAF!

Go read up the spoiler thread. Then come back with a emotional response that you were played like a fiddle.

Go read up the spoiler thread. Then come back with a emotional response that you were played like a fiddle.

Yeah I'm scared to post anywhere TBH, I don't want to go from no trailers seen to KNOWING EVERYTHING :(((( Has the game been released in Japan already and people have their hands on copies? Or just a bad old fashioned pirated leak?

MattyG

Banned
Do we know if the visuals have been upgraded from GZ? I'd assume there's been a slight bump
on the graphics in level 3
. I'm hoping they did something about the draw distance, becuase I just noticed it's pretty bad in the PS4 version (most noticable when extracting w/ Morpho). I'd imagine that it might be more noticable with larger environments in TPP.

Do we know if the visuals have been upgraded from GZ? I'd assume there's been a slight bump
. I'm hoping they did something about the draw distance, becuase I just noticed it's pretty bad in the PS4 version (most noticable when extracting w/ Morpho). I'd imagine that it might be more noticable with larger environments in TPP.

Well, just from the trailers, the animations like carrying people, sprinting, and aiming from cover look a lot better, so I'd expect a graphics boost.

That's pretty much expected. It's been over a year since Ground Zeroes' release and Fox Engine must've been updated quite a bit along with the visuals and and animation. Don't expect something huge though.

Palpable

Does anyone know if we're able to customize the uniforms of our soldiers in any way? I saw a screenshot of it raining at Mother Base & the soldiers weren't wearing ponchos like they were in GZ. It'd be cool if they ran inside to put on ponchos....

He's sooo good at MGS. I wish i was that good.

/sarcasm? I didn't realize doing weird glitches made someone good.

Kindekuma

Banned
Does anyone know if we're able to customize the uniforms of our soldiers in any way? I saw a screenshot of it raining at Mother Base & the soldiers weren't wearing ponchos like they were in GZ. It'd be cool if they ran inside to put on ponchos.....

Considering we can customize basically every aspect of Mother Base, probably.

MattyG

Banned
I don't think I'm going to end up reading any reviews tomorrow. I'll pop in to the review thread, peek at the numbers, and call it good. I've seen pretty much every trailer except Gamescom, so I'm not on blackout, but at this point it feels like we're so close I might as well just not watch or read anything else.

I don't think I'm going to end up reading any reviews tomorrow. I'll pop in to the review thread, peek at the numbers, and call it good. I've seen pretty much every trailer except Gamescom, so I'm not on blackout, but at this point it feels like we're so close I might as well just not watch or read anything else.

Honestly, storywise, E3 trailer was the worst. Gamescom isn't bad unless you want to be unspoiled about Mother Base stuff.

Oh boy, this review thread will be a doozy. I'll probably watch any video review that people say has no spoilers outside of some gameplay stuff obviously.

Minor rant : I don't like Diamond Dogs logo. (in the perspective of where it stands as an eventual evolutionary point to Outer Heaven)

I know Kojima has an infatuation with ensuring his game's thematic symbol and imagery is very strongly represented not just by story, but by visuals, cues, names. (Eg. Vic(tory) Boss in Peace Walker ), and Diamond Dogs is a name that resonates with the cremation diamonds of fallen comrades, the loot of the game, etc, thus looping back to Kojima's storytelling approach of ensuring that's this strong thematic link expressed through every part of every character's actions and names, but Diamond Dogs logo feels weird stuck in between the MSF Skull and the Outer Heaven Skull.

P.S. I know Diamond Dawgs is created by Miller in the span of the time that BB was in coma, and it's technically more Miller's than BB's for the longest time, but >_>

Ozium

Minor rant : I don't like Diamond Dogs logo. (in the perspective of where it stands as an eventual evolutionary point to Outer Heaven)

I know Kojima has an infatuation with ensuring his game's thematic symbol and imagery is very strongly represented not just by story, but by visuals, cues, names. (Eg. Vic(tory) Boss in Peace Walker ), and Diamond Dogs is a name that resonates with the cremation diamonds of fallen comrades, the loot of the game, etc, thus looping back to Kojima's storytelling approach of ensuring that's this strong thematic link expressed through every part of every character's actions and names, but Diamond Dogs logo feels weird stuck in between the MSF Skull and the Outer Heaven Skull.

P.S. I know Diamond Dawgs is created by Miller in the span of the time that BB was in coma, and it's technically more Miller's than BB's for the longest time, but >_>

You can change the logo though. I'm not sure there if there is a logo designer, but there are a variety of logos you can choose from

MattyG

Banned
Honestly, storywise, E3 trailer was the worst. Gamescom isn't bad unless you want to be unspoiled about Mother Base stuff.
Yeah, I actually wish I hadn't watched the E3 one. I don't remember much now, but there's one very specific and big thing that I (and probably pretty much everyone) suspected that it basically confirmed. I think I'll watch the last trailer when it hits since Kojima said it's largely spoiler free, but that's it for me until Monday. I'll just run through GZ a million more times to get all the trophies and rewatch the E3 2013 trailer on loop.

WooooooooooooooHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WooooooooooooooHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WooooooooooooooHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAaaaaAAAAAaaaAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAA

WORDS THAT KILL

You can change the logo though. I'm not sure there if there is a logo designer, but there are a variety of logos you can choose from

My rant is more a story perspective thing. I'll be keeping the default logo because it's the canon design.

It's not as if Big Boss and Miller will change their cutscene dialogue to "Outer Heaven, our new home." instead of "Diamond Dogs, our new home" if I change the logo. :3

raven777

This is my legit reaction right now.
bqddZ2B.gif

Why does he have two different channels. ?

Back in MGS3 days, he didn't have youtube account and he only posted them on niconico. So person with youtube id called Zeixpe uploaded big saru's videos from niconico to youtube for him. So technically they are not the same person but all of Zeixpe's MGS videos on youtube are by Big Saru.

Shy

So I was searching for some MGSV trailer with Skyfall, and found this one. It's pretty rad.

But then I found this great work, a MGS3 intro with You know My Name style graphics.

NNNGH, MGSx007 is something I really love.
hl1xspL.gif

Back in MGS3 days, he didn't have youtube account and he only posted them on niconico. So person with youtube id called Zeixpe uploaded big saru's videos from niconico to youtube for him. So technically they are not the same person but all of Zeixpe's MGS videos on youtube are by Big Saru.
Ahh. ok. Cool.

LowParry

Yeah I'm scared to post anywhere TBH, I don't want to go from no trailers seen to KNOWING EVERYTHING :(((( Has the game been released in Japan already and people have their hands on copies? Or just a bad old fashioned pirated leak?

Tell ya what. Go and watch the demo with Mother Base to get your hype levels at max. Then wait. Skip all the trailers and just go in raw on Day 1. Honestly I wish I was in your position of nothing seeing any trailers. But you gotta see that Mother Base demo.

Shy

Here's a question for you brothers.

I'm looking to get an early copy (still not got it yet, sad face) and with only 9 days left at which point do i just not bother getting it, because my main copy will be on pc and i don't want spend an extra £40 or more just for a couple of day extra, especially as i don't have a ton of money.

FiraB

Banned
Here's a question for you brothers.

I'm looking to get an early copy (still not got it yet, sad face) and with only 9 days left at which point do i just not bother getting it, because my main copy will be on pc and i don't want spend an extra £40 or more just for a couple of day extra, especially as i don't have a ton of money.
Nah just wait it out, save the cash for fallout 4 or something.

Hell save it for eventual MGO3 dlc/microtransactions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom