• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Are people seriously gonna watch a letsplay of MGSV, a week before launch? Seems utterly baffling to me after such a long wait.

There are only two things i will watch/read before the game comes out.

1. Reviews (only scores)
2. Kojima's launch trailer

I think that's beyond fucking stupid as well to be honest.

I'm certainly not interested in spoilers but some people just don't care. Some only care about the gameplay or just don't mind knowing the story beforehand. And those people are probably happier not having to be terrified of seeing something they shouldn't like we will be till the game comes out :p

Spaghetti

regardless of it only being the first five missions, i don't want them spoiled for me. so i guess i'm probably bailing out of here AND youtube quite soon. YT wouldn't be a problem if the 'recommended for you' videos didn't appear in the sidebar.

Venom Fox

Banned
I think that's beyond fucking stupid as well to be honest.
Let me just tell you this. What we know in that spoiler thread is NOTHING compared to what's actually in the game. The spoiler thread has the least amount of spoilers I've ever seen from a game this close to release lmao.
People like spoilers, I don't mind being spoiled as I will forget most of them before release and it doesn't affect my enjoyment in the slightest.

Sn4ke_911

regardless of it only being the first five missions, i don't want them spoiled for me. so i guess i'm probably bailing out of here AND youtube quite soon. YT wouldn't be a problem if the 'recommended for you' videos didn't appear in the sidebar.

Wait, will people discuss Miller's Let's Play here? if so i will do the same.

Sn4ke_911

I will watch Heros Way from Greg, but thats all.

Spoiled enough for that mission.

You know what? i'm not even doing that because we haven't seen the FINAL version yet and also the gadgets and items they used were specially prepared for the presentation. So i don't wanna know how many and what items you would actually have in that mission.

Here's safe though. We WON'T be discussing or even linking his LP here till 9/1. If anyone's interesting they can youtube him.

No, nothing should be discussed here if it's not a Kojima Trailer.

For Reviews, there will be a Review Thread.

Edit: Someone should make a Thread for Greg Millers LP!!!

Someone probably will by the time it goes up. Can't wait to see how many views the thread has. >__>

Venom Fox

Banned
No, nothing should be discussed here if it's not a Kojima Trailer.

For Reviews, there will be a Review Thread.
I'm ok with that, like I said, I won't be discussing anything unless you guys do and only with everyone's permission so I'm happy to not discuss it.
I just want to see Kaz getting rescued the poor bastard.

Edit: I don't think the mods will be happy about a LP thread.

Alienous

Review discussion in the reviews thread. Spoiler discussion in the spoiler thread. I don't know where people will discuss Miller's LP, but not here.

I want to let the legend come back to life, not hear about how someone else done it.

I'm ok with that, like I said, I won't be discussing anything unless you guys do and only with everyone's permission so I'm happy to not discuss it.

What about those Dark Souls LP threads ?

Yeah, just PM a mod and ask if It's okay, because we don't want spoilers from that video in other threads.

You know what? i'm not even doing that because we haven't seen the FINAL version yet and also the gadgets and items they used were specially prepared for the presentation. So i don't wanna know how many and what items you would actually have in that mission.

Hmm, you have a point.

I don't think it'll be a problem. If anything the hype is pretty high and keeping any pre-release Lp in one thread would be better than letting it leak to other threads.

There already is a Greg miller doing the LP thread. Post it in there maybe?

Alienous

The LP really is just spoiler thread territory. The problem with that is the strategy guide leak accelerating the discussion of spoilers, though.

More than 3 threads on MGSV is a bit much.

Alienous

What's the consensus here about posting reviews btw

- Just a link?
- No link but a summary/score?
- Nothing at all?

Avoid spoilers, preface links that lead to spoiler reviews with a 'This review contains spoilers', spoiler-tag summaries that might have potentially spoilerific content, don't post summaries that contain outright spoilers, just put the score and the name of the website if unsure.

Sn4ke_911

The LP really is just spoiler thread territory. The problem with that is the strategy guide leak accelerating the discussion of spoilers, though.

More than 3 threads on MGSV is a bit much.

Ah yeah, the spoiler thread is another option but hopefully nowhere else.

I already made one for Greg's LP

I'd be fine with review scores and a link. As long as no spoilers are given.

*shrug*

Avoid spoilers, preface links that lead to spoiler reviews with a 'This review contains spoilers', spoiler-tag summaries that might have potentially spoilerific content, don't post summaries that contain outright spoilers, just put the score and the name of the website if unsure.

Same here. Though I'd rather we only post the link + a warning if spoilers and the score/grade. No summaries since there will already be a review thread for discussing that.

Ryan_MSF

Let me just tell you this. What we know in that spoiler thread is NOTHING compared to what's actually in the game. The spoiler thread has the least amount of spoilers I've ever seen from a game this close to release lmao.
People like spoilers, I don't mind being spoiled as I will forget most of them before release and it doesn't affect my enjoyment in the slightest.

Please don't think i'm criticising anyone whos in the spoiler thread, it's just my personal opinion that a week before launch after a 3 year long wait to go and read the plot details of it is just utterly baffling to me. It'd be like being hyped for a film, buying a ticket then the night before reading the ending up online, it just confuses the shit out of me.

Oh, you mean is this thread? Yeah, keep it light here.

Yep. I'm only worried about keeping this thread spoiler free lol.

Please don't think i'm criticising anyone whos in the spoiler thread, it's just my personal opinion that a week before launch after a 3 year long wait to go and read the plot details of it is just utterly baffling to me. It'd be like being hyped for a film, buying a ticket then the night before reading the ending up online, it just confuses the shit out of me.

It makes no sense to me either but now I think that people who desperately seek out spoilers aren't as interested in the story/think it won't be good. Different strokes for different folks and all that. Either way, I'm fine with them peeking there as long as the spoilers don't leak in here.

Venom Fox

Banned
I already made one for Greg's LP
Ah ok, I didn't mean I didn't want one, just that the mods may have moaned at all the MG threads. At least we have somewhere to talk about it then.

Edit:
I don't lol, I was just saying, I don't mind spoilers as much as some do.
By the way, I criticise myself for going in :)

usp84

Hello everyone.

So i just realised that because i changed my PS4 HDD back when the only game i had played was GZ my saves are gone.

Does this mean the TPP wont recognize all the prisoners i have extracted among other things?My profile says that i have 95% in trophies though.

If yes what are the impotant things i should do in GZ so that i can have all the adavantages in TPP?

Thanks

Alienous

Hello everyone.

So i just realised that because i changed my PS4 HDD back when the only game i had played was GZ my saves are gone.

Does this mean the TPP wont recognize all the prisoners i have extracted among other things?My profile says that i have 95% in trophies though.

If yes what are the impotant things i should do in GZ so that i can have all the adavantages in TPP?

Thanks

Can you download the saves from PS Plus? It might have backed them up.

Hello everyone.

Thanks

Doesn't take very long to get all the tapes and prisoners again if your save is gone, so I would start on that.

Hello everyone.

Thanks
Just do these and you should be fine. I think the story tapes will already be present in TPP but just to be safe, get them too.
DxgzC0l.jpg

Shit.....I don't know if I can download it all in one day.

Should've gone physical.

J/k. :p I hope PSN has mercy on ya'll.

thabtoUK

who knows?
New Shinkawa art:

406318_scr1_a.png

I would post the source link, but it contains a big spoiler, so I won't :)

If you'd like the link, just PM me ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom