• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mifec

I just finished replaying MGS4 & it hits me:
is Ocelot the true hero of the Metal Gear Solid series?

Listen to
Big Boss
at the end everyone from him to
Ocelot
were trapped in a cage called liberty, only one who is a true selfless hero is Solid, he would never have made the same mistakes as Big Boss and is the true inheritor of the Boss' will.

Kazuhira

9xmjhT3.png

C'mon,september...hurry the fuck up.
ppBY7py.gif

Rodin

It's Paz's favorite song.
Oh i see. Thanks.

The story is about two Italian anarchists that are prosecuted & put to death for their beliefs. I think that greatly ties into MGS.
Yup, i know who they were (i'm also italian). I just didn't see the connection between them and that scene with XOF but now i get why the song was in it.

I think that greatly ties into MGS.
I agree.

C'mon,september...hurry the fuck up.
ppBY7py.gif
This lol

It bothers me that I have class all day on September 1st. The bright side is the game can be downloading while I'm gone all day (I'll be going with the Steam version for now).

ViciousDS

Banned
I just played ground zeroes due to ps+ the one month, did the first mission and watched credits roll......I knew it was story short but HOLY SHIT was that short lol

Do they do anything narrative wise? Or is it just different challenges and stuff? Cause I could careless about collectibles and crap. Story always drives me

There is some narrative stuff, but it's side-questy in nature.

At least try the Anti-Air Installation & Agent Rescue one.

Do they do anything narrative wise? Or is it just different challenges and stuff? Cause I could careless about collectibles and crap. Story always drives me

Minor story bits but people you rescue will transfer to TPP so it's worth doing for that and getting all the tapes which add to the story. Also for Deja Vu which every MGS1 fan should play.

MattyG

Banned
One thing I never got in GZ; what was up with the dialogue after the sniper/spotter assassination mission? Kaz said they seemed "afraid of something". What is that supposed to mean?

Spaghetti

they're all set before ground zeroes and provide some background info on the base. they're "pseudo-historical recreations", because while they are canon events, in the game they play out on the base from ground zeroes when in-story they took place somewhere else.

you should also just play the side ops because they're fun.

Nice job, bro. I never have the patience or prolonged interest to actually 100% any game.

I really enjoyed getting the 100% on gz but i I did it slowly over time. I bought the game digitally on release so I would just pop in every now and again and complete some part of the 100%. I finally finished it a few weeks back, was super satisfying to play it over time like that.

Spaghetti

One thing I never got in GZ; what was up with the dialogue after the sniper/spotter assassination mission? Kaz said they seemed "afraid of something". What is that supposed to mean?
i can't remember the details, but i think all the side ops allude to skull face or cipher in one way or another. it's possible they could be afraid of either coming to 'collect' them. if i remember right they may be 'traded' to the russians.

Spaghetti

i think a majority of outlets will give the game a good score, but i'm totally anticipating a few reviewers who wanted a traditional mgs experience and will mark the game down because of that.

honestly, fuck 'em. mgsv is the biggest gameplay evolution in the series to date and in a lot of ways feels more 'next gen' than a lot of games that are solely on the new consoles.

Venom Fox

Banned
I think I am going to stay up, don't have anything to do anyway.

Please OuterGAF, no meltdowns over 7,8 / 10.

i think a majority of outlets will give the game a good score, but i'm totally anticipating a few reviewers who wanted a traditional mgs experience and will mark the game down because of that.

honestly, fuck 'em. mgsv is the biggest gameplay evolution in the series to date and in a lot of ways feels more 'next gen' than a lot of games that are solely on the new consoles.
Yeah fuck them all, I know for a fact that most of the outlets will score it 9/10 10/10.
There's a big reason the French mag scored it the way they did. But I can't tell you. Those that PM'd me the other day will understand.

Edit:
Thanks Kenz, is it the reviews and let's play or just the lets play?

They can give it 4/10 for all I care. It's already a game above of scoring for me. Something that just can't be quantified. Though I'll have a meltdown if any spoilers leak in here because of said reviews. ヽ(`Д´)ノ

Yeah fuck them all, I know for a fact that most of the outlets will score it 9/10 10/10.
There's a big reason the French mag scored it the way they did. But I can't tell you. Those that PM'd me the other day will understand.

Edit:
Thanks Kenz, is it the reviews and let's play or just the lets play?

Review embargo, the LP is exclusive to Greg Miller and starts at 5pm PST today, which is the same time the review embargo drops, lol.
I don't know if'll get written or video reviews though.

Venom Fox

Banned
They can give it 4/10 for all I care. It's already a game above of scoring for me. Something that just can't be quantified. Though I'll have a meltdown if any spoilers leak in here because of said reviews. ヽ(`Д´)ノ
There will be a review thread, there will be a few of us who will pop in first, I seriously doubt the reviews could spoil anything significant anyway. It'll still be embargoed like the hospital scene of millers lets play tonight.

Review embargo, the LP is exclusive to Greg Miller and starts at 5pm PST today.
I don't know if'll get written or video reviews though.
Thanks again, I was confused on what we are getting tonight.

MajorTom

Are people seriously gonna watch a letsplay of MGSV, a week before launch? Seems utterly baffling to me after such a long wait.
I'm staying away from it. Not just because I'm afraid of spoilers but also because I feel like I've seen enough of the game. I just want to play it now.

There will be a review thread, there will be a few of us who will pop in first, I seriously doubt the reviews could spoil anything significant anyway. It'll still be embargoed like the hospital scene of millers lets play tonight.

I hope so. Then again some sites just plain don't care and they'll put some clickbait review title. Probably just me being paranoid. I hope those who check the reviews don't get spoiled/hinted in a certain direction.

Are people seriously gonna watch a letsplay of MGSV, a week before launch? Seems utterly baffling to me after such a long wait.

The Phantom thirst is too stronk for some.

Venom Fox

Banned
The lets play is only the first 5 missions minus the Prologue, hardly earth shatteringly spoiler filled is it.
Is he doing a lets play everyday until release? Or just all the 5 missions in one vid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom