• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vally

New Shinkawa art:

406318_scr1_a.png

I would post the source link, but it contains a big spoiler, so I won't :)

If you'd like the link, just PM me ;-)

:O Nice

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
New Shinkawa art:

406318_scr1_a.png

I would post the source link, but it contains a big spoiler, so I won't :)

If you'd like the link, just PM me ;-)

Yeah that's the art from the official guide.

Also is there someone behind Boss?

Alienous

that art is spoilry

Is it?

This is where things get fucked up.

Because it could be spoilery, but people wouldn't know that unless someone who knew it was spoilery said it was spoilery, and the person they told knew that the person saying it was spoilery would know if it's a spoiler.

But now that I think of it, Big Boss lost his left arm, so this is much ado about nothing.

I love how Shinkawa's art is so surreal and contrasting to the final game which is set in it's own rules which feels real. And yet it works out perfectly. I think Metal Gear is the only series with such a contrast that actually feels right.

Did anyone else ever figure that the total size of TPP is 28.7GB compressed?

MGSV:TPP is 25.1GB [compressed] to download on PSN.

MGSV:GZ is 3.6GB.

Combined, that is 28.7GB total - which makes it the largest Metal Gear game ever made.

MGS4:GOTP was 26.6GB and it took up 99% of a 50GB dual-layered Blu-Ray disc, so in comparison if you uncompressed MGSV:TPP with MGS:GZ together, it wouldn't fit on one Blu-Ray disc; so maybe that is why MGS:GZ had to be on a separate disc - so MGSV:TPP could fit on one Blu-Ray disc.

VulpX

Combined, that is 28.7GB total - which makes it the largest Metal Gear game ever made.

MGS4:GOTP was 26.6GB and it took up 99% of a 50GB dual-layered Blu-Ray disc, so in comparison if you uncompressed MGSV:TPP with MGS:GZ together, it wouldn't fit on one Blu-Ray disc; so maybe that is why MGS:GZ had to be on a separate disc - so MGSV:TPP could fit on one Blu-Ray disc.
You can be sure that the reason Ground Zeroes is a separate release has nothing to do with disc size limitations. That's pure Konami.

Lol nope. GZ already includes the base game loader (whatever you call that part) without all the levels, assets, sounds etc. TPP also includes the base game including all the assets. If GZ was included with TPP, it'll barely be a gig more at best and that only includes the assets and the unique sound files.

The reason why it's a separate release is Konami saw it fit to be released alone so they could earn something before TPP comes out.

Venom Fox

Banned

MGS4 took up a whole 50GB disc because the game was duplicated and it had uncompressed audio.

MGSV will take up 25.1GB, it's compressed on the disc, it gets uncompressed when it's being loaded and stored onto the HDD. So no GZ and TPP would have fit with room to spare.

Shy

Sorry for asking this questiong again brothers, but i'd like a little more feedback.

I'm looking to get an early copy (still not got it yet, sad face) and with only 9 days left at which point do i just not bother getting it, because my main copy will be on pc and i don't want spend an extra £40 or more just for a couple of day extra, especially as i don't have a ton of money.
Hey guys I finally did it
0fXchbN.jpg

Thanks for the advice on how to S rank Jamais vu.
ZOcTmr4.gif

Yea, Konami are too boring for that. Also the copies being sent out to reviewers earlier to release are likely just retail copies so the ruse wouldn't last long. Still, the thought is hilarious.

It won't last long but it'll be a bigger ruse than even the Moby Dick thing. :p
Though now that I think of it even if something like that happens Konami will come out and say 'It's we who decided to do that and not Hideo Kojima'.

Sorry for asking this questiong again brothers, but i'd like a little more feedback.

I'm looking to get an early copy (still not got it yet, sad face) and with only 9 days left at which point do i just not bother getting it, because my main copy will be on pc and i don't want spend an extra £40 or more just for a couple of day extra, especially as i don't have a ton of money.

I'd say wait till 25/26. If you get an early copy, awesome. If not, then wait with us. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom