• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

I know I won't top that. No chance in hell. I'm not even going to do a multiple posts OT. Just one post, brehs. And don't worry, I'll finish it on time. I'm in rush mode. If anyone wants to check my progress, throw me a PM. I'll link the under construction post :>

haha no worries

one post, short and sweet :)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Not my pic.

CNHs_0oUkAAl-Zn.jpg

tbh I'm kinda worried about reviews. I think some people will love it and give it 10s while others will give it 7s and 8s for stupid shit like quiet or the type of stuff people were salty about with ground zeroes (Lucy O Brian ign gz review). The only thing that kind of worries me is the microtransactions.

Shy

Whaaaaaaaaat? On release day or he already has one ? I thought he is blacklisted.
He didn't have one a couple of days ago. And he is still blacklisted as far as i know.

He mentioned it in that video he did with TB the other day.
He said he hasn't gotten a copy in the podcast with TB but he'll keep trying. Maybe luck was in his favor.
He did say he was on the list to get one though.

MajorTom

Off topic.
Anyone want a code for the evolve "Monster expansion pack"? Xbox one.
I got it with my copy but never used it and I no longer have the game.

I've already been spoiled a bit while making the OT, unfortunately. I had no idea the Metal Gear wiki would have been updated already.

I know, I read that. Please don't risk your life.

He didn't have one a couple of days ago. And he is still blacklisted as far as i know.He

I know, but as Srey mentioned, he only said he's trying to get one but hasn't received a copy yet.

Shy

I know, but as Srey mentioned, he only said he's trying to get one but hasn't received a copy yet.
No, when TB said he was told he is on the list to get a review copy, Jim said that he was told the same thing and he was surprised by that. And i said he didn't he had one yet

He didn't have one a couple of days ago. And he is still blacklisted as far as i know.He

He did say he was on the list to get one though.

Yeah he said that the Konami guys told him he's on the list which is pretty much a maybe. They've already sent all the review copies out, and with the embargo ending so soon I don't know if they'll even send him one. :/
I do hope he gets one though.

DieH@rd

Banned
Everyone who's played and completed MGS4 please watch this with YouTubes subtitles on. Just turn turn the subtitles on and read along, shit I never knew how funny and wrong YouTubes built in subtitles are.

http://youtu.be/d_O73amYv6I

I was not spoiled about MGS4's ending [sure I knew about that leaked lowres pic from review event, but I though that pic came from some optional stuff with his burned body] ... and when his name appeared on the end credits of the game. I got legit shook just seeing it there. And then this sequence started.

DAMN WHAT A GAME.

Spaghetti

would recommend anybody who hasn't heard it to listen to the peace and kazuhira blues radio drama. there was an english translation included with the asian version of ground zeroes, so you can check it out via youtube. it's pretty good background between big boss and kaz.

Shy

Now the euro version has leaked (via the uae) hopefully my friend will get back to me tomorrow telling me he's got the hook-up. I'm not holding my breath though. :_:

Rajang

would recommend anybody who hasn't heard it to listen to the peace and kazuhira blues radio drama. there was an english translation included with the asian version of ground zeroes, so you can check it out via youtube. it's pretty good background between big boss and kaz.

Yeah, it's incredible. I streamed it a couple of times as well, it's included with the Japanese version of GZ.

Skele7on

Banned
god damn it middle east, god damn it to hell.

Why can't we just get the games now. Stupid.

I just completed Ground Zeroes for the first time. It plays so amazingly well.

Ergh so glad I didn't play it in feb it would have made the wait even worse.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
As i said in the other thread, they're no going to admit they broke the street date.

Sure but it's weird that this guy doesn't want to show the back of the box or the disc.

Spaghetti

Yeah, it's incredible. I streamed it a couple of times as well, it's included with the Japanese version of GZ.
i fucking lost it when kaz challenged big boss to a speed eating contest. big boss going into the survival viewer to eat the fish was hilarious.

Shy

Sure but it's weird that this guy doesn't want to show the back of the box or the disc.
Even though he showed the place he got it from, maybe he doesn't want to show those things because you use it to track which shipment it came from.
Which is why if i get it early, i plan on blocking out the barcode and the serial number on the disc when i take pics.
not yet, using this week to get 100% through ;)

I completed the main story and a couple side ops.
Cool. Break a leg.
Use this guide to extract everyone you need to.
qk8JApG.jpg

Skele7on

Banned
Even though he showed the place he got it from, maybe he doesn't want to show those things because you use it to track which shipment it came from.
Which is why if i get it early, i plan on blocking out the barcode and the serial number on the disc when i take pics.

Cool. Break a leg.
Use this guide to extract everyone you need to.
qk8JApG.jpg

Thanks for the guide that's awesome! Will be using it fully, need my army ready.

How many people booked time off work to play? I certainly have!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom