• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

pahamrick

Alright, so I'm spoilering this just in case. It's from Greg Miller's review, so it might just be me reading too much into what he said.

"I miss David Hayter." ... So, Team-A dead in the water? :(

pahamrick

I demand a ban. Sorry. There is a spoiler thread for spoilers.

But it's not something from the game and its just something I'm reading into what he commented on regarding Kiefer's voice work.

I wouldn't post something that was a blatant spoiler since I don't want spoilers.

But thanks for being so nice.

-Edit-

Well now I feel silly.

MajorTom

Alright, so I'm spoilering this just in case. It's from Greg Miller's review, so it might just be me reading too much into what he said.

I'm team A all the way but at the end of the day I'm not that bothered

He is only referring to Big Boss. It tells us nothing beyond that. He is not spoiling anything, so there is no way to be sure.

pahamrick

He is only referring to Big Boss. It tells us nothing beyond that. He is not spoiling anything, so there is no way to be sure.

Yeah, I know.

I'm just a big fan of Hayter, have been ever since Guyver 2.

I'm glad I avoided the review thread. I knew someone would drop a big story spoiler. :(

Yeah, I know.

I'm just a big fan of Hayter, have been ever since Guyver 2.

I'm still in team A. For me Snake will always be tied to Hayter's voice. It's part of what made the series. I think the only reason I accept Kiefer's presence is because he is the 'Richard Doyle' necessary to keep my team A dream alive.

pahamrick

It's not a big story spoiler.

Well that's something. I'm avoiding every other MGS thread for now except for this one just in case.

I'm still in team A. For me Snake will always be tied to Hayter's voice. It's part of what made the series. I think the only reason I accept Kiefer's presence is because he is the 'Richard Doyle' necessary to keep my team A dream alive.

Hm. I didn't think about it like that, I like that point. Fingers still crossed.

Slowdive

Banned
Interesting.

I'm not even close to finishing the game but I've skimmed the IGN/GameSpot reviews and I'm starting to suspect that there might indeed be a hidden "true" ending that GameSpot saw but IGN didn't. (That'd help explain why GameSpot raves about the story while IGN says it's disappointing.) Just guessing, though. No spoilers here, but from what I've seen so far, some things MGSV are ostensibly optional but should probably be played or else it seems like you'll miss out on big things.

pahamrick

Interesting.

Going by the sort of stuff that Greg was saying about story threads, and how the ending deserves a full discussion in a spoiler environment, I can believe that.

-Edit-

Oh man... that last bit from Greg's review about a certain gameplay aspect, it gives me a huge MGS1 nostalgia trip.

Disgraced

Man, I'm not looking at the review thread because evidently that's dangerous, but holy cow, I just got home and did read the spoiler-free good reviews, now I'm having a Metal Gear hype panic attack. I get this really bad, and I haven't got it this bad since GTA V came out. I'm walking around my house singing Nuclear like a crazy person and my dog is looking at me like a crazy person. Help please. My heart's gonna explode.

strafer

Man, I'm not looking at the review thread because evidently that's dangerous, but holy cow, I just got home and did read the spoiler-free good reviews, now I'm having a Metal Gear hype panic attack. I get this really bad, and I haven't got it this bad since GTA V came out. I'm walking around my house singing Nuclear like a crazy person and my dog is looking at me like a crazy person. Help please. My heart's gonna explode.

Welcome to being a MGS fan

Strazyplus

Theres no cure, the pain will never cease you can however ease it... get a eye patch for your dog!

maxresdefault.jpg

Shy

Welcome new brother.

Kindekuma

Banned
Oh shit, didn't realize it was up

I'm gonna watch a bit

I watched a few minutes but it just...feels weird. Like I shouldn't be watching this but Konami gave me the OK. I know Robert Peeler is right next to Greg the whole time, but it just doesn't fit with me.

KorrZ

Is it OK to post review stuff here? This quote from the Kinda Funny Games review seems pretty disappointing (Spoilered just in case even though there is no spoilers in this quote):

Greg Miller (Kinda Funny Games) - "This game lacks..the "Metal Gear Moment" - I don't know what that is for you, but for me that's...Hal kneeling over Sniper Wolf and her giving that awesome monologue as she dies and him crying and Snake being there and staring up at the stars and stuff where you're like holy crap that was awesome"

Rajang

Is it OK to post review stuff here? This quote from the Kinda Funny Games review seems pretty disappointing (Spoilered just in case even though there is no spoilers in this quote):

Greg Miller (Kinda Funny Games) - "This game lacks..the "Metal Gear Moment" - I don't know what that is for you, but for me that's...Hal kneeling over Sniper Wolf and her giving that awesome monologue as she dies and him crying and Snake being there and staring up at the stars and stuff where you're like holy crap that was awesome"

Reminder that Greg HATES MGS3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom