• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

realcZk

Here's another one of Greg's Let's Plays, different from the one he uploaded to YouTube.

It may contain more spoilers, I haven't watched it, watch it at your own risk obviously.

EDIT: More specifically, this SPOILS
the first boss of the game, according to someone in the review thread, so tread lightly. I've made the link non-clickable (remove the spaces).

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/ metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain-kinda-funny-le/2300-6426643/

I told you guys that NOBODY has seen the ending multiple times, this is the reason the reviewers don't "get" it. I wish i could say more but I'd be in spoiler territory so i won't.

I'm willing to bet no one has seen all of the ending yet. There's surely another one hidden away like Peace Walker.

Spaghetti

I haven't seen anything too bad yet but I haven't gone through much of the thread. It's when the first 8/10 review or slightly more negative review comes in when it will all turn to shit.
tbh i doubt that will come from any big websites that will inflame people. you'll get a few nobodies who'll score it lower, but who'll care?

the meltdowns are coming from people who pick out a perceived negative out of a glowing review and turn it into a huge issue

the way some people are going on, it's like they've not seen a single piece of media for this game at all.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
The truth is that until we get all cassette tapes, all missions done, every side op done, and the community can analize it thoughoutly, we won't fully know MGSV's story. All the tidbits in MGS2 that helped push its message, all the paralels and stuff, I don't think the reviewers of 10 years ago caught all that first time though.

A-V-B

And it should've been obvious that the long-ass CODEC calls have been replaced by optional casettes since Peace Walker. So instead of being forced to sit through it all, you get to play the game. Which is nice. And if you want the whole story, you listen to the tapes. Though preferably you'll wish for the juiciest bits to be mandatory.

Yup there's a secret ending that can't be unlocked until a whole real-life year passes with the same game save. After the year, the true ending is revealed. This is when Team A finally wins.

tbh i doubt that will come from any big websites that will inflame people. you'll get a few nobodies who'll score it lower, but who'll care?

the meltdowns are coming from people who pick out a perceived negative out of a glowing review and turn it into a huge issue

the way some people are going on, it's like they've not seen a single piece of media for this game at all.

Fixating on the negative is review threads on NeoGAF in their essence. Sure I'm guilty of it too since I'm quite wary of the apparent lack of story focus even if I'm fine with tapes.

Spaghetti

Fixating on the negative is review threads on NeoGAF in their essence. Sure I'm guilty of it too since I'm quite wary of the apparent lack of story focus even if I'm fine with tapes.
it is what it is

we're getting a stone cold classic in terms of gameplay. i just find it weird some people are getting really pissed off about less cutscenes (which would ruin the gameplay flow in an open world game), and only having
two
open worlds

Venom Fox

Banned
GUYS DO NOT WATCH GREGS MGSV LETS PLAY ON GAMESPOT OR ANY LINK ANY GAFFER GIVES YOU. IT SPOILS THE LAST BOSS!
Realc now has a disclaimer lol, also, Eden changed it from last to first Boss with a stealth edit. Still, be careful guys.

Rajang

GUYS DO NOT WATCH GREGS MGSV LETS PLAY ON GAMESPOT OR ANY LINK ANY GAFFER GIVES YOU. IT SPOILS THE LAST BOSS! Realc just spoiled everone in the review thread.

WTF?!

I'm glad that I'm super tired. I was reading some of the posts in there, so glad I missed the spoilers.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up.

realcZk

GUYS DO NOT WATCH GREGS MGSV LETS PLAY ON GAMESPOT OR ANY LINK ANY GAFFER GIVES YOU. IT SPOILS THE LAST BOSS! Realc just spoiled everone in the review thread.

I did not spoil anyone.

I posted a link to the Let's Play for people to watch if they wanted, you should know to view a "Let's Play" at your own risk. Regardless I have disclaimers in the post.

it is what it is

we're getting a stone cold classic in terms of gameplay. i just find it weird some people are getting really pissed off about less cutscenes (which would ruin the gameplay flow in an open world game), and only having
two
open worlds

You're right about a ton of cutscenes ruining the flow of gameplay but I would personally love nice meaty ones after a long missions. Can't really comment on that till I play the game though. Complaining about the maps without playing also seems silly. We haven't explored them yet or seen how they're used. As I said in the review thread, I would like a few small linear areas like the hospital we've seen in the trailers. No idea if we'll get them.

Venom Fox

Banned
I did not spoil anyone.

I posted a link to the Let's Play for people to watch if they wanted, you should know to view a "Let's Play" at your own risk. Regardless I have disclaimers in the post.
You shouldn't have posted it there anyway, there's a thread for the LP's. Oh and you edit the post minutes later with your "disclaimer". Like that means anything.

realcZk

You shouldn't have posted it there anyway, there's a thread for the LP's. Oh and you edit the post minutes later with your "disclaimer".

If you are not interested in spoilers then you wouldn't want to be clicking a link to a Let's Play video. After someone replied about the specifics of what was spoiled, OF COURSE I edited in a more descriptive disclaimer.

I don't see the issue with posting it in that thread, I know some people there are interested in the link. There are links to reviews with spoilers in the thread as well, everyone should use their best judgement when clicking links when they are trying to avoid spoilers.

I didn't appreciate the way you worded your post at first, it sounded malicious like I was intentionally spoiling people which I'd never do - but hey its close to launch and with something that we hold near and dear to our hearts like Metal Gear, it's a touchy subject and I can see how some would get worked up. Just know that I would NEVER intentionally spoil you guys, or anyone else here.

Venom Fox

Banned
If you are not interested in spoilers then you wouldn't want to be clicking a link to a Let's Play video. After someone replied about the specifics of what was spoiled, OF COURSE I edited in a more descriptive disclaimer.

I don't see the issue with posting it in that thread, I know some people there are interested in the link. There are links to reviews with spoilers in the thread as well, everyone should use their best judgement when clicking links when they are trying to avoid spoilers.
14 minutes too late and in the wrong thread. Not that it matters, your aren't gonna be banned for it so chill and enjoy the hype.
Just seen your edit. I wasn't being malicious, just shocked lol, i already know everything about the boss anyway lol.

Kindekuma

Banned
GUYS DO NOT WATCH GREGS MGSV LETS PLAY ON GAMESPOT OR ANY LINK ANY GAFFER GIVES YOU. IT SPOILS THE LAST BOSS!
Realc now has a disclaimer lol, also, Eden changed it from last to first Boss with a stealth edit. Still, be careful guys.

Oh boy, here we go.

I just realized we have 17 pages before OT 4 begins. Will we get there by launch?

Wonder how many threads the TPP OT will get. It will probably just be pages upon pages of us cursing at each other because of stolen supplies from our FOBs.

Kindekuma

Banned
Wonder how many threads the TPP OT will get. It will probably just be pages upon pages of us cursing at each other because of stolen supplies from our FOBs.

Retaliation breeds retaliation.

It'll be like Destiny OT with people wanting to make alliances between FOBs and then when some random goes and steals shit everyone goes to war with each other.

pahamrick

Those who pay for monthly XBL and PSN have to pay for FOB as well? Goddamn that's brutal. I sincerely hope GMP can be used to pay for the FOB function.

That's what it sounds like. You need to spend real money to get Motherbase Coins in order to purchase water space to create the FOBs.

Since Motherbase coins can also be used to speed up timers, it doesn't sound like GMP will be a resource that can be used for it. It's really disappointing, I was hyped for the FOB system.

pahamrick

The relevant bit

In The Phantom Pain, players use various resources acquired within the game to facilitate the construction of an off-shore base, but in order to participate in the online multiplayer mode, where players attack each other's bases, they must first use real-world money to purchase MB Coins. MB Coins are then used to purchase open water in the game to make space for a PVP-dedicated base. This was discovered during GameSpot's review process for The Phantom Pain, but without online functionality, we couldn't determine the cost of MB Coins, or fully evaluate F.O.B. mode.

#FucKonami.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom